Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

dt18
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Mar 2010, 11:39 pm

Do you think Jesus Christ may have had autism?

KaolTamalak
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2010, 11:40 pm

No.

EL60
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Mar 2010, 11:42 pm

the lord jesus christ repects anyone of us and his eyes we are still normal people like everybody else

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2010, 12:19 am

EL60 wrote:
the lord jesus christ repects anyone of us and his eyes we are still normal people like everybody else

why doesn't he see us as we are?

Last edited by sinsboldly on 25 Mar 2010, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brennan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2010, 12:20 am

dt18 wrote:
Do you think Jesus Christ may have had autism?

Why do you think this?

WoundedDog
Raven
Raven

25 Mar 2010, 12:40 am

EL60 wrote:

Good thing you were here to speak for him.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2010, 12:43 am

I have always wondered, if God made 'us' in his own image, is she as autistic as she is neurotypical?

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2010, 1:10 am

sinsboldly wrote:
I have always wondered, if God made 'us' in his own image, is she as autistic as she is neurotypical?

Well if you believe in evolution, God made Adam in his image (and took part of Adam to make Eve) , and it kind of changed from there. One must also remember that "image" isn't a very clear idea. If so, is it possible for God to be deceived by Satan as humans are in the Bible? Does God sin? Maybe humans are like God in some ways, but not in others.

caramateo
Toucan
Toucan

25 Mar 2010, 1:28 am

no, Jesus was perfect and the greatest man that's ever lived on earth.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2010, 2:01 am

Nope. His social skills were pretty amazing. But I can see why you might think so; he had some of the same distanced-from-society tendencies you see in many autistic people; he saw society from the outside, rather than having been assimilated in childhood as NTs tend to be, and had some pretty pointed remarks for people who were using tradition as an excuse to be prejudiced, petty, and hypocritical.

Of course, being the Son of God creates a distance from society pretty handily; he didn't have to be an Aspie too.

I could not, however, call him "neurotypical". Most neurotypicals are not omniscient miracle-workers. :)

btw--autism is not an "imperfection"--Jesus could've been born disabled and he still would've been perfect. Just saying.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2010, 2:43 am

might as well ask, do you think mosses had adhd

spacecadetdave
Raven
Raven

25 Mar 2010, 3:17 am

sinsboldly wrote:

She?

I was going to argue this point but to be honest it would explain a lot. I'll shut up now.

:)

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2010, 3:20 am

Actually, Moses probably had a speech impediment.

God and gender... eh, well considering he isn't a biological creature like we are (unless he chooses to be), you default to whatever he calls himself. And in the Bible, he uses the masculine pronoun. Thus, He. Gender's more than which half of the reproductive equation you represent, y'know.

Of course, other religions have different opinions about the gender of God. But I happen to think the Bible's got the true story. Not that it matters, particularly. And, if it comes down to it, in Heaven our gender won't matter very much either.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2010, 4:50 am

No.

As was said, he was the Son of God, the "perfect person", probably how people "should" have been--but as we all know, people are easy to corrupt, if they don't corrupt themselves; Lucifer and his crew had fun there, showing God how easy it is and was. Till the end he forgave them for how they were, and he didn't let them sway him from the path he walked.

Ain't religious at all, but Jesus was a cool cat.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2010, 4:53 am

The Bible is a collection of writings written by various people and has been hugely altered by personal agenda, creative reinterpretation and mistakes in translation. For instance Mark the first gospel ( even though it is listed second) was written 40 years after the crucifixion and mentions nothing about a resurrection. When translated into Greek, the closest word for unmarried woman was virgin. It goes on. I am reading The Jesus Dynasty by James Tabor, a Biblical historian/archeologist. It's fascinating stuff. Modern Christianity is all about Paul, who never met Jesus, except in claimed visions. That,however, doesn't mean that the teachings don't have value. You can find them in the Torah too.

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Mar 2010, 6:23 am

WoundedDog wrote:
EL60 wrote:

Good thing you were here to speak for him.

Haha.

God hates autistics. That's because most of us have gluten intolerance/allergy, meaning we can't eat bread/the body of Christ.
That means no communion for Ceoliacs or Autistics!