Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cornelius6
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jul 2011, 7:39 pm

Kid A is a masterpiece. And to think I hated it when I first heard it!
I think they're one of the top 3 bands in the world (if not the 1st) when it comes to shear musicality and originality.
Yeah they don't play crazy s**t with millions of notes per second, and they're not very flashy or commercial and accessible.
But who cares about those things.
I'd say if you only like Creep and/or No Surprises and/or Karma Police you don't really like Radiohead, you like those songs.
Their work is best heard as a whole. A true Beethoven fan won't just listen to the last movement of the 9th, he's going to listen to the whole thing.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 9:52 am

The Bends and OK Computer are my two favourite albums. In Rainbows is also wonderful. I hope they are played in their entirety at my funeral.

paddy26
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jul 2011, 6:01 pm

I seen them at Glastonbury last week, the weather was terrible and we couldn't see the stage but it was amazing. They played a king of limbs heavy set which I think disappointed a lot of the crowd but I like that album. I think separator is one of their best songs.

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jul 2011, 2:42 pm

''Creep'' was my favorite Radiohead song until i heard ''Karma police'', but all their songs are great.
Amanda Palmer of the Dresden dolls made a great ukulele-cover of ''Creep''.

Mike777
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jul 2011, 5:35 am

I hate Radiohead. They're one of the most overrated bands in existence. They sound like typical indie 'i'm so depressed because i can't buy another pair of expensive sneakers this month but oh look at my ironic moustache' kind of band. Plus, I hate Thom Yorke's prepubescent moans.

silver22
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jul 2011, 3:52 am

I used to listen to their music constantly, esp. OK computer. The Bends quite a lot also, but now I listen mostly to classical music. Radiohead are in my opinion one of the most creative bands of recent time.

karenina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jul 2011, 5:41 am

Favourite album totally depends on my mood... right now it's probably a toss up between Ok Computer (oh so predictable), Kid A and Amnesiac. The Bends is fantastic for when I want something simple and straightforward... it was definitely an easy album to begin with. Street Spirit (Fade Out) is delightfully swirly.