Post the cutest memory you have of your kid

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Mar 2010, 9:19 pm

Post the cutest memory you have of your kid. I don't have a cute kid because I don't have kids (lol), but I'd love to see what other people think is the cutest thing their kid has ever done. :)

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 9:43 pm

Her little face was still scrunched up and red from the birth and her little hands and fingers were covered by tiny pink mittens. She was darling, with a little pink sock hat with a little pompom on top. although she never made a sound, she did open her milky green eyes and sorta rolled them around to look at me. I never got to hold her, though.

Merle

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 9:59 pm

My daughter has a condition that requires she never really be in the sun without sunscreen. We started at a very young age - when she was an infant, in fact - putting sunscreen on her. She knew from the start what it was and why it was needed. ("Bad Mr. Ozone makes bad rays that can hurt your skin and sunscreen won't let them.")

We were visiting an elderly friend who was fastidious about her home - full of antiques, fru-fru, lace, etc. My toddler daughter was about 3 years old and had gone by herself back into the room in which we were staying while "Granny" and I caught up on stories. We'd told my daughter we'd go outside to play in a bit.

I went back after it was "too quiet" back there for a while and found she had stripped down to her undies and had very carefully gotten the sunscreen cream open and applied it about 1/2 inch thick over every inch of exposed body surface - including hair. She did a remarkably good job, even got her back. It was uniform everywhere. I still haven't figured out how she did that.

And it was also on the antique nightstand. And the chenille bedspread. And the wall. And there were footprints across the floor, in sunscreen. And she was standing there just beaming at me, showing me what a big girl she was for getting ready to go outside.

She was so proud of herself. I almost had a coronary, but got it all cleaned up before "Granny" came up the hall to say "hi." I also told her she'd done a good job, but to let Mommy help next time.

motherofson
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2010, 5:06 pm

One of the cutest:

My son was learning opposites at school and came home to tell me that since I was "old" he was "new". Once I could hold a straight face, I had to tell him that in this case, the opposite of "old" was "young"!

PenguinMom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2010, 6:27 pm

When older child was about 18 months and younger child was about 3 months the baby had gas. The older child went to a bunch of stuff she had outgrown but that I hadn't gotten rid of yet. She found and brought to me a pacifier, saying "Here. B..B needs this." The baby had not used a pacifier since the ICU.

When she was about two she got some of her toys (we had a dog at the time) and put them in the dogs bed. She then covered them up with a bunch of swaddling blankets. I asked her what she was doing. She said, "THis is Eddie. This is Monkey. Eddie and Monkey are in bed together. They are having sex." :oops: I had to keep a very straight face. I then had to have long (awkward) talks with every adult who could possibly have taught her that word.

Recently she would come home from school, put on her penguin costume, get her stuffed penguin and sing. (The Happy Feet song with her own lyrics
"You don't have to be rich to be my lord / You don't have to be cool to ruin my world / Ain't no particular song or increadible wait / I just want your extra time....and your FISH!! !!"

psychohist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 12:11 am

PenguinMom wrote:
When she was about two she got some of her toys (we had a dog at the time) and put them in the dogs bed. She then covered them up with a bunch of swaddling blankets. I asked her what she was doing. She said, "THis is Eddie. This is Monkey. Eddie and Monkey are in bed together. They are having sex." :oops: I had to keep a very straight face. I then had to have long (awkward) talks with every adult who could possibly have taught her that word.

Not just the word, but the meaning too! Willing to say where she learned it?

When my daughter was maybe 15 months, she accidentally dropped something, and said "s---!" I then realized that was exactly what I'd done about an hour before - both the dropping and the exclamation. She obviously didn't know what the word meant, just that it was what was said when you dropped something. That was when we realized we needed to be careful what we said around her.

It's really hard to pick one cutest moment. It was pretty cute when she insisted on helping to clean the bathroom mirror, though:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89301260@N00/4256735028/

willaful
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 12:24 am

That reminds me of how my son used to get swearing all wrong. The best one I remember was "Oh for heaven's f*ck."

When we were at camp together, he put a sign on our cabin that read "this cabin is cudly."

Perhaps my all-time favorite memory, a time he burst in on me and his dad in our room, proclaiming, "I'm making an unexpected appearance at the love party!"

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2010, 10:55 am

These are really cute! Keep them coming, if you can :)

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 11:35 am

My daughter and her friend at nursery. (Still friends now, 13 years later) They were the despair of their teachers. They would bicker and fight and push and shove each other. Anyone seeing it would be certain they absolutely hated each other. Until you tried to seperate them or tell one or the other off. Then they would cling to each other in desperation, screaming "Noooooooo!", looking like this 8O

As soon as you left them alone they would start fighting again.

psychohist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 11:10 pm

psychohist wrote:
It's really hard to pick one cutest moment.

If I have to pick one, though, I remembered today the one I'd probably pick - when my daughter discovered her hands when a few months old. You could tell she was thinking, "what are these funny things attached to my arms? Hey, weird, I can control how they move!" That was worth hours of entertainment.

MommyJones
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 2:56 pm

motherofson wrote:
One of the cutest:

My son was learning opposites at school and came home to tell me that since I was "old" he was "new". Once I could hold a straight face, I had to tell him that in this case, the opposite of "old" was "young"!

That's cute. This reminds me of my son who told my husband that he was old, but mommy isn't because she puts stuff on her face :)

motherofson
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2010, 3:00 pm

One time my niece announced that she had to "bless you" and then proceeded to sneeze. It dawned on us that that was what she thought a sneeze was called!! !

willaful
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 8:15 pm

motherofson wrote:
One time my niece announced that she had to "bless you" and then proceeded to sneeze. It dawned on us that that was what she thought a sneeze was called!! !

Heh. Very logical!

When my son is trying to explain something to us and we're being thick, he always calls us "honey" in this very patient way. "Honey, see, the thing is...." Can't imagine where that came from. :lol: