Poll ended at 13 Apr 2010, 9:35 pm
Yes 47%  47%  [ 30 ]
No 53%  53%  [ 34 ]
Total votes : 64

genly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Mar 2010, 11:19 am

No, I'm happy to be an adult. I hated school and other children. and puberty was horrible :cry:
I was very anxious as a child. It wasn't fun at all.

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 12:11 pm

In some ways, yes. There was much less responsibility then & I don't remember feeling overwhelmed all the time like I do now. The only problem was school. School was hell for me, but for most of my childhood, I loved being at home & it was fine.

xdr5tgb
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Mar 2010, 8:54 pm

[quote="pumibel"][quote="xdr5tgb"]
sum(GEC)-Sum(BEC)=ChildExperience
quote]

Thats the first half. I should have elaborated.

Say you could count the good childhood experiences (really good memories might have to be weighted more) and subtract out the bad memories (:( might have to weight these as well) you are left with the net memories of childhood, if more good than bad than you might be inclined to go back, but, the other side of the equation is what the future holds. If the net of good expereinces of the future minus the bad experiences of the future is a positive one then we may be likely to go on as an adult. Now take the total childhood experiences and net out the total of how you expect your future to be and presto, you have a quantifiable value that if positive suggest you take the childhood option.

As we get older and see our doom surround us the probability of having good future memories must decrease exponentially. Then again if you are spiritual, then theres a 100% chance of good memories or for some of you a 100% chance of bad memories. mwa, ha, ha, ha, ha. LOL. I am going to have to ponder a religion constant, cause atheist don't play the odds after the final 'event horizen in the sky'.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 9:08 pm

Still living it.

bully_on_speed
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 9:10 pm

never had one

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 4:17 am

I still have bad dreams about my childhood to this day, so no.

Everything I loved to do as a child, I'm doing now...and even to a further extent.

Oh yeah....I'm also becoming very successful in my fields doing those things, now.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 12:19 pm

I wouldn't want to be a child again. I was often physically abused by my older brother until he left home, then both mentally and physically abused by other members of the family, mainly my sister who wanted to rule over me. She'd play all sorts of mind games with me, and it drove me insane. She'd abuse my and our parents wouldn't do anything, yet if I fought back, I was wrong.

I spent the first 6 years of my life, prior to attending school, only around my family, since our parents didn't let us play with neighbor kids because there was one really bad one amogst them. I used to want to play, but since my sister was the only playmate I was allowed to have, she made it clear she was in charge and everything was her way on her terms, no compromise, no exceptions.

For a while we went to separate schools, and it wasn't so bad, then my parents wanted both of us in the same school, and she often got others to pick on me. Of course, there were no consequences for her, even when she admitted to what she did. They were trying to get me to be more like her since she read a lot, played an instrument, was in the marching band, how could someone like that be bad?

Then later they became obsessed with the idea of me swimming learning to love it, so they denied me everything and began forcing me into the pool whenever my sister went, declaring in some cases that if I wasn't doing anything, I had to swim, and of course no activity I did was worthy of being considered "doing anything." She could take a day or 2 off from swimming anytime she wanted with no consequences, but of course I wasn't given that option.

They also frequently took away the only things that gave me peace, time by myself to play, radio, music, TV, for some reasons that were often vague, contradictory, and obviously done just to make me miserable and not accomplish anything.

I just wish I had been allowed to be myself and let be. I probably would have grown up into some sort of nerdish, techie type, who would be happy with who he is, not afraid to actually want a direction in life because he knows it won't be sabotaged.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 6:52 pm

I would never want to be a child, again. I didn't like the way that I was treated by my parents, or my teachers.

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 7:21 pm

I liked my childhood (although in these times I spent more time imagining things than real living my childhood).

Even today, I think that the best friends that I had was my 3 friends from elementary school.

And I miss the days that I spent alone closed in my bedroom, living imaginary adventures and reading books (for some people, this could sound horrible, but I loved it).

Then, at 10 y.o. I went to "junior high school" (or the equivalent in my country) and my life turned in a kind of Hell.

Francis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 7:49 pm

I wish I missed my childhood, but I didn't. It was hell.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2010, 12:29 am

the weird thing about my childhood is that every good friend of mine that I had up until Elementary School grew up to be a total douchebag; I don't get that........

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2010, 1:35 pm

I'd like to go back, but to see all the things I love. I admit that I wasn't exactly happy, but there were a few things that made me happy, as well.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2010, 4:16 pm

I don't miss my childhood, I wasn't happy kid. I have post-school trauma.

And I don't feel adult yet. And there are many things I should, f.e. find boyfriend, be soooo serious, dress like an adult etc.
Being adult requires asskissing and groups. You must be nice to people, because you must work with them. I miss the past when teachers divide us to groups and said what to do. Now most infos are hidden and I have to ask. I hate to ask people and I can't stand their behaviour.

I find it best description of being adult:
http://rohitaggarwal.wordpress.com/2007 ... t-of-view/
I hate that many people who are Above-Ones (teachers, bosses etc.) don't care and for them copy-paste work is the same as better-quality-and-my-own work. Or even better, because copy-paster smiles more nice. Adults prefer support and asskissing than quality. It's really demotivating. I don't want to be an adult. I hate to ask and asskissing.

If I could come back in time, I would change some things.
I'm a person who likes to make corrections where it's possible. It always can be better. I miss my childhood, because I'd like to live my life again and change it all.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2010, 4:37 pm

I suppose I'd be in the minority when I say YES!! !. I would totally relive my childhood! My childhood years were probably the best years of my life. Growing up in the '90s was the best. I miss everything about my childhood and of the '90s; playing Super Nintendo with my cousin, the old Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon, Disney was churning out movies of such high calibre that had been unseen for decades, accompanying my mom to work, I could go on for days. :)

jeffhermy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2010, 4:56 pm

Nope, too many people respect me and my boundaries as an adult, wouldn't trade that for being popular in school. I wouldn't trade where I am going for it either, because with all the hardships I have went through I have gained knowledge, different viewpoints and a little bit of wisdom. I know more about myself now than I ever have and I am just going to keep learning, when your a teen I think you lose track of who you are.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2010, 8:25 pm

Valoyossa wrote:
I don't miss my childhood, I wasn't happy kid. I have post-school trauma.

And I don't feel adult yet. And there are many things I should, f.e. find boyfriend, be soooo serious, dress like an adult etc.
Being adult requires asskissing and groups. You must be nice to people, because you must work with them. I miss the past when teachers divide us to groups and said what to do. Now most infos are hidden and I have to ask. I hate to ask people and I can't stand their behaviour.

I find it best description of being adult:
http://rohitaggarwal.wordpress.com/2007 ... t-of-view/
I hate that many people who are Above-Ones (teachers, bosses etc.) don't care and for them copy-paste work is the same as better-quality-and-my-own work. Or even better, because copy-paster smiles more nice. Adults prefer support and asskissing than quality. It's really demotivating. I don't want to be an adult. I hate to ask and asskissing.

If I could come back in time, I would change some things.
I'm a person who likes to make corrections where it's possible. It always can be better. I miss my childhood, because I'd like to live my life again and change it all.

no...that's being a petty b***h adult; y'know, the kind that insists you watch the news and take interest in the "important issues of our time that have never been as important as before" so that you'll mean something...and also the kind that insist you do what you have to do to make a decent living, even if it means never pursuing your dreams.

I don't respect those adults at all.

Follow your heart, kiddo. Feeling like an adult will come in time.

I run my own business which is slowly becoming more and more successful, and I still watch cartoons, and I love toys...and play video games once in a blue moon.

I'm 28 though...believe me, I can feel age setting in...