Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 1:21 pm

I'm currently watching Full House, and every time Steve shows up, and says anything, well, I know he did Aladdin's voice, but it's kind of odd. Like hearing Al's voice, but saying things he never said in the movies. Sometimes I find it a bit confusing.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 5:44 pm

Scott Weinger is best known for his role as Aladdin, so I can see why you'd have that problem.

Sometimes whenever famous actors are doing voicework and I'm hearing their characters speaking, I can't help but imagine the actual actors speaking and not the characters. :roll:

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 2:43 pm

I get the opposite.lolI hear him say anything, and I'm like 'Al?!', looking for the character. Even when he's onscreen, and I see him talking.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2010, 1:04 am

Descartes wrote:
Scott Weinger is best known for his role as Aladdin, so I can see why you'd have that problem.

Sometimes whenever famous actors are doing voicework and I'm hearing their characters speaking, I can't help but imagine the actual actors speaking and not the characters. :roll:

I do that with Gilbert Gottfried and Mark Hamill.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2010, 2:49 pm

I know what you mean. I am a bit of a voice-over nerd actually! I used to go on Imdb everytime I thought I recognised a voice! The one I have trouble watching is Fraiser because I hear sideshow Bob! It's hard to take them seriously as an actor when they've done a voice over... although Fraiser is a comedy show...