What would you do if this forum got less active?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 11:30 am

Because people started coming here less and posting here less and then all of a sudden, posts were hardly made every day.

What would you do or how would you feel if this happened?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 12:45 pm

This is my most favorite website. I love it and all the members here, so I'd feel really, really sad. I would hang out on other forums and wait for activity to pick up around here again. If that didn't happen, well... Guess I'd just get used to posting on the other forums more often.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 2:33 pm

I'd attempt to try and post as many times as I can with all different topics, advertise it even more than it already is, if it ultimately failed, I'd be gone, it be finito for me. :lol:

jeffhermy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Apr 2010, 2:37 pm

Simple, that just means I win!

Until May when I become inactive.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 2:42 pm

My existence would be the same in all that matters

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 2:44 pm

Go to bed earlier and start threads that kept people from falling asleep :roll:

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

I'd be lonelier if that is possible

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

I'd continue to post, here.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 2:57 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Because people started coming here less and posting here less and then all of a sudden, posts were hardly made every day.

You mean like whats happening too zOMG?
I doubt that will happen here, I think the trouble here a few months back
may have strengthened this forum.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 3:45 pm

I would stay, because it's probably just a cycle, and it will become busy again at some point.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 4:01 pm

I would be quite sad. I like coming here, I can pretend that I have friends when I'm here because I relate with so many of you.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 5:13 pm

Friskeygirl wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

You mean like whats happening too zOMG?
I doubt that will happen here, I think the trouble here a few months back
may have strengthened this forum.

Yes. That place has gotten boring so I left. I pop back in there a few times a week. I also went to another forum and people left and it got slower and slower and then posts were hardly made a day. So I finally left and deleted the link from my bookmarks.
I was even a mod on a video game forum and it died and I left and I don't even know the name of the forum or the link. Not one post has been made there since 2006. I am still a mod there when I last checked before deleting the url from my IMDB sig.

I noticed this forum was less active after the incident but it seems to be picking back up again.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 5:19 pm

This reminds me of a previous forum I was a member of. I joined when I was 13 and was well-known there. The forum remained fairly active until I was about 16 when the liveliness began to decline. I had a lot of fun on that forum--I had made over 500 posts there, and I was troubled by the signs that the forum was losing its vitality. The forum continued through its downward spiral and now the forum is pretty much dead. I go there every now and then only to find out that nobody has made any post in months.

Luckily for me, though, I found the WrongPlanet forum; and I don't really see any signs in this forum's decline in activity. Hopefully this forum will continue in activity for years to come. :)

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 5:50 pm

I don't go through as much of the place as I used to. I come here once a day, post where I like, but I don't worry about how frentic the posting is.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 6:16 pm

I would just keep posting in the quizzes forum

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 6:39 pm

I used to go to this forum on bravenet and it was the first forum ever I went to and posted at. It was very active and freedom of speech so yes it meant you were allowed to do attacks. The owner believed in freedom of speech. Then one day in June 2003, the forum got deleted by the bravenet staff. The owner made a new one and it reopened but two people from the board decided to create their own forum at network54. So for a while there was two boards I was going to and the bravenet forum started to slow down because people left there and were going to network54. The mods had rules there so it looked like that's why that place was getting more traffic. Then eventually the bravenet board died. It be weeks when a post was last made.

So this network54 forum I went to lead to the xsorbit forum because the mods decided to move it there so we all moved there and they locked the network board and used it as a archive. They used proboards first but the forum crashed so they reopened it at xsorbit and it lasted a several years before they moved it to myfastforums. Then the staff shut it down in 2009 after it had been open for a year and the mods were able to switch servers and now it's at simple machine forums. I left it because it was too slow. People hardly posted. It be like five posts a day.