Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

tenalpgnorw
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Apr 2010, 10:08 am

As an aspie and blues guitarist, this appeals highly to me.

The emotion packed into every little note and flourish speaks volumes to the listener. Call me a weeny, but the beauty brings tears to my eyes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF1p8sawWJ0[/youtube]

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 4:23 pm

That's from Live at the El Mocambo. It's an excellent video. If you've ever seen my guitars you could tell I'm an SRV fan.

LostNFound
Raven
Raven

16 Apr 2010, 2:33 am

I'm a studying guitarist myself. I could only dare dream of performing on the level of an artist like SRV though. I believe my favorite work of his has to be the instrumental version of Hendrix's "Little Wing". Wow. SRV seemed more technical and a bit less passionate than Hendrix, but his version blew me away with a word being sung to ground it. Yet another great talent lost far too soon. :(

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 3:28 am

To this day SRV's "Little Wing" gives me chills whenever I listen to it. It's like pure emotion, but in a way I can "understand" it, if that makes sense.

Ah, what the hell...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdYRzH10L2M[/youtube]

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 7:51 am

"Lenny" is an amazing tune. SRV is a genius. Especially if he could come up with such beautiful melodies such as in "Lenny."

Speaking of "Lenny," Once in Guitar Center I spotted a replica of Lenny (the guitar named after his wife who bought it for him that he used to write the song which was also named after her), it was really awesome.