I made myself look like an idiot today... :(

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2010, 4:25 pm

Today while doing office aide work, me and a fellow office aid were given forms to hand out to various classrooms. The other aide asked me if I had all 100s. I thought he was asking me about my grades, so I replied "I make all As and Bs". Then I was informed that by "100s" he had meant the 100s hallway. I felt like such a dumbass. :(

Has anybody else done something at school to make themselves look like complete idiots?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2010, 4:31 pm

I've done so, many times.

Gigi830
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Apr 2010, 5:33 pm

OMG, like a bajillion times. No worries :)

agmoie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Apr 2010, 5:54 pm

Don`t worry about it-its just part of Aspie life...

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2010, 6:14 pm

Well, in Year 8 I looked at the wrong day on my timetable and went into the wrong classroom and sat down in my usual seat. I looked around and was thinking, "Hey, where's my friend? These people aren't in my geography class...what the hell's going on here?" then it slowly dawned on me where I'd gone wrong. I just had a laugh about it and went to the right lesson. I felt bloody stupid, though :lol:

y es como un semestre"

autumnsunset
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Apr 2010, 6:24 pm

The best thing in that moment and although proven difficult is to smile and walk away, even the best of people make the same mistake, its okay. Been through that myself quite a lot.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2010, 7:32 pm

Wow who hasn't made a fool of themselves at school at one time or another. I remember once calling out to someone for ages only to find out that they weren't the person I was looking for. :lol:

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2010, 7:46 pm

I do it all of the time. I have just learned to laugh at myself and move on.

A couple of years ago, I was helping a christian youth event by driving one of the buses that transported the kids to various event venues. During the driver's break, one of the other drivers asked if I was a born again christian. Without even thinking, I blurted out "No, I am just a driver."

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2010, 10:52 pm

My last ex used to make fun of me for sounding like Kronk from Emperor's New Groove, because this happens to me so often, my automatic response now is just to say:

Oh. RrRrrRrrIiiIigGgGghHHhhtTt... :oops: :roll:

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2010, 11:10 pm

agmoie wrote:
Don`t worry about it-its just part of Aspie life...

I think feeling dumb is part of anyone's life, lol. The other day at school I had this brief conversation:

Guy: Do you know what time it is?
Me: Yeah.
Guy: ....Could you tell me what time it is?
Me: OH! Yeah it's...

:lmao:

purplefox
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Apr 2010, 5:16 pm

astaut wrote:

I think feeling dumb is part of anyone's life, lol. The other day at school I had this brief conversation:

Guy: Do you know what time it is?
Me: Yeah.
Guy: ....Could you tell me what time it is?
Me: OH! Yeah it's...

:lmao:

LOL I do that too... :oops: Recently, the following happened (an over-the-phone form application or something):

Woman: Do you have an email address?
Me: Yes, I do.
(long pause)
Woman: Would you like to tell me what it is?
Me: Oh uh yeah uh sorry sure...

:roll:

bigdave
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Apr 2010, 1:00 am

I make myself look look like an idiot very frequently. Almost every day with my girlfriend.

wendigopsychosis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2010, 6:44 am

On the bright side, I've seen even NTs do this :) don't worry.

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 3:11 pm

Descartes wrote:
Today while doing office aide work, me and a fellow office aid were given forms to hand out to various classrooms. The other aide asked me if I had all 100s. I thought he was asking me about my grades, so I replied "I make all As and Bs". Then I was informed that by "100s" he had meant the 100s hallway. I felt like such a dumbass. :(

Has anybody else done something at school to make themselves look like complete idiots?

Like others have said, that kind of thing happens to everyone once in a while, AS or not. Not to worry! :)

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 2:33 am

that's kind of adorable. anywho, i tend to make things awkward by asking the person for a clarification of simple questions that they probably only asked cause it's normal for small talk. i am horrible with small talk or answering simple questions because i tend to distort them into something slightly more complicated/confusing/unnecessary.

Althea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2010, 4:04 am

I make myself look like an idiot alot of the time :D

This week I went into school through the main entrance, where the headmasters office is, and where parents and new people sit if they are waiting to speak to him or something, so you have to be on your best behaviour there and not slam the door, or make the school look bad. So, i saw there was a prospective new student and their parents sat on the bench, so I quietly opened the door and went in to go up the stairs, only to find my bag was hooked around the door handle. Instead of turning around to unhook it, I proceeded to walk backwards and forwards like a robot hoping it might fall off- it didnt, so then i had to spin round and unhook it, and slink off upstairs extremely embarrased, as the other people had been watching this the whole time :oops: