Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 5:21 pm

between me and neuroman in regards to intensity

this is my final warning.

serious.
i cannot believe that you let her influence you.

you just don't get it.
she has done nothing for you or the neurolands. she comes here late and tries to take over.
also, what happened to taking a vote?
so this is not what it seems.

pawns, us, for vivi. not me. i am gone.

listen up and listen clearly. i am very confident in myself right now, thanks to your lack of confidence in me. i jest. i am preturbed. you need to set your priorities straight or your dream will die, having been absorbed by vivi's greed.

once again.
everything you see before your eyes, is my ideas acted upon by you. yes you helped and did an amazing job fine tuning it, but ask yourself, is vivi our yoko ono.

i want intensity back up within 24 hours and i want administrative access. i want vivi to not be involved and i suggest you fire her, rather than me. you realize that she serves vivi, i still serve a greater good.
i suspect if you were to ask the founding members, you would be outvoted.

put it back up and send me the bill. i will pay. this is not a difficult decision if you just check your gut. she needs to be gone, now.

bottom line is, its her or its me.
and stop taking the heat for her.

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 5:31 pm

this is in the arena its hidden i guess

this is the main event. while we rebuild the forum, we present this for your edification.

neuroman wrote:
i invite vivi and mcjagger to intensity to have a discussion about what it should be.
each of them may choose six people for a panel of folks (12 total) who will vote on the issues discussed. one issue to a poll.
there will be a forum for the panel to discuss the debate. this forum will be hidden from everyone, including the debaters.
when the discussion is done it will be removed (archived) and intensity will be reinstated according to the results of the polls.
from that point mcj will rebuild it according to the wishes of the community. the intensity community. if you had objections to how it went before, then now is the time to come help make it what it should be.

why mcj and vivi?
because both have good ideas about what should happen there. because they actually agree about the core issues (check out stimcity).

and because i really am tired of people looking at what mcj says and saying right on man, and dismissing vivi even if she is saying exactly the same thing. shouting her down means you weren't willing to listen in the first place, and calling her names means you couldn't think of something useful to say so you decided to be a bully.
those people are not invited. you can watch, but go someplace else to do the useless things.
intensity is now open for registration and applications for the panel. we may change some of the rules of engagement.

MY REPLY

I have no problem debating freedoms but i refuse to have someone elses will imposed on me.

sorry.
its not a fair fight because i will not yield ground. i don't tell anybody else how they should run their site.

Quote:
because both have good ideas about what should happen there.

as long as there is conflicting ideas there is no point. why, is she set above the rest of the community. thats not right and its structurally wrong, according to the ideas of equality.

Look, many months ago you and i had at length discussions about this whole project.
as4us
community
unity
utilizing the single minded focus to creat work opportunity
AS advocasy
the greater good.

this was way before we even recruited a group of founders. which by the way, doesn't include vivi.
now you are telling me that i get to debate her as to how intensity should be set up and run. johnny come lately. i have been here from the very beginning even the conceptual phase.
mind you, i am not putting myself over any other person, but this is my responsibility. i mean c'mon. we weren't even allowed to take our growing pains before we were automatically villified as a monster of society or a blemmish on the AS community.

i refuse to be judged and i refuse to have one other person put above the rest of the community, that they get to have a special voice.
nope, sorry.
and i do not feel guilt for being blunt and honest.

yes, the community can decide the direction of intensity. matter of fact, if a shedload of NT mom's want to overrun intensity, they may impose their will. but i'll be gone starting up the anti intensity, with all the content.

intensity is not about womans rights. its not about an african americans rights. its simply about the right of everybody to speak freely. and its about the community holding people responsible for their words. its not about the groups rights, its about the individuals rights within a group. so they may have a safe place to have their voice heard.

now if you feel that you have recieved from me enough creative insight and i am no longer necessary, then i say you may have all of my artistic license. but just because vivi dotes all over you, does not mean that i will yield my rights. if thats whats expected then intensity may stay inactive.

otherwise.
give me my permissions and i will rebuild the board and the community will make changes to it as time goes by.

-robert (firm)

you never know!

HIS REPLY

not asking you to yield ground.
asking you to give voice.

MY REPLY:

wolf wrote:
not asking you to yield ground.
asking you to give voice.

and i will. i will give voice to everybody equally. those that shout the loudest won't necessarily be the favored.
people may pm me.
trust me i am pretty funny behind closed doors. and what i preach i practice. i won't run you off if you come to me in confidence and make a request. each persons voice counts, just so long as they use it.

bottom line on the success the first time around;
people felt grateful that they could speak without others agendas being forced down their throat. those who didn't speak, have no right to complain.

those that weren't allowed a chance to get their feet wet before they were thrown in to the deepend, we have a solution.
a one month trial go at it. we will create a forum called the rookies refuge where you may post without the harsh realities of objectors. after one month you may decide that you are not ready and you may go to calmer villiages. or you may feel like you have learned a thing or two and want to speak boldly. just remember, you might be held accountable for those words, the community may disagree. but that doesn't mean your wrong, it just means it was debated and not everybody sees things eye to eye.

also, duncvis thought of the sin bin. thats the members hidden forum that possibly objectionable material will be sent. until the community has a chance to decide if its excercising free speech or violating anothers rights. in which case it gets dumped, not archived, but dumped. but it gets voted on first, in public and by the community.

we believe that you never know. and the next great invention, idea, philosophy, etc... could come from the least likely of sources within the market place of ideas. where a person may push the envelope, and thereby inspiring another to something who inspires yet another by their reaction and that person finde the answer to world peace.

that was just an example, but the premise is simple. why stop it, once it starts to get good. because you never know what good may come from it. and you must take the bad with the good. we cannot achieve our goals if we have parameters. we cannot reach beyond if we are contained within a box. we want to encourage outside the box thinking, because, YOU NEVER KNOW.

and we all have to be aware that the others here do not intend malice. they are simply challenging you to reach deeper and provide better. except for maybe eamonn, he's just mean.
or jman, he's a political pawn, for sure in the end.

here to meet your needs,
-mcjagger

HIS REPLY:

consider the possibility that no one is trying to make you give ground.

consider the possibility that i have asked two of the brightest minds, two of the people most attentive to the needs of the community to initiate the debate by debating between the two of them.

consider the possibility that the idea came from stimcity, where there is going on a vital discussion to which few are paying attention. look, they are paying attention here.

consider the possibility that my ulterior motive is community building.

consider the possibility that i am not smarter than you, just good at different things. good at this sort of thing - the generation of good ideas.

consider the possibility that this debate will make intensity the hottest thing on the internet even before we have it reconstructed.

there is no prize here. only the clear articulation of goals, which you and vivi were doing in part in a place where no one could see it.

consider the possibility that i mean you no harm.

MY REPLY:

community building is what i do, too.

i have to stand up for my peeps.

now they know that i have got their back.
were just a couple of showmen, i guess.

and i told you before, its not Vivi, i don't hate her. this is what you get when i am in defensive mode. Vivi is a fine and caring lady who is an advocate for the disenfranchised. what's not to respect about that?

the thing is that it boils down to my focus. i have an obligation to the people here. and it was nearly taken away. yes i got the passion in my belly, and i am reactive. good thing i am on your team.
and i feel the same way. i am glad to be on the same team as both you and Vivi.

consider, consider.
when my mum was concerned that i never wanted to be social with the family. she decided that it wasn't healthy to sit in my room and read when the rest of them were in the den watching the cosby show.
so in an effort to make me healthy, she made me see a shrink. as a 12 year old i used to shrink the shrink. i would analyze him and would hold my position on any subject until the bitter end.
is that a fault? perhaps. i tend to think that it speaks to my loyalty of virtue. and my belief that its always right, no matter what. not just my thoughts but everybodies, as long as they remain consistent in their beliefs, then who am i to tell them otherwise.
consider, consider.
that i know.

thats all.

except i started another thread in the arena which simply states this:

I am not that great at debating women, I am better at talking them out of their panties.

for example; is this considered offensive?

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 5:32 pm

can anyone please answer why she is set apart from a community of supposed equals.
why she gets to have more voice than others.

why is it that the bullied have decided that its their turn to do the bullying. and why on other people with AS?

alex
Developer
Developer

28 Mar 2006, 5:35 pm

SB2 wrote:
can anyone please answer why she is set apart from a community of supposed equals.
why she gets to have more voice than others.

why is it that the bullied have decided that its their turn to do the bullying. and why on other people with AS?

I'm confused. But I can say that I have experience being bullied by other people with AS. People with AS are also humans and we make mistakes. I'm sure your situation will be resolved.

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 5:41 pm

i am sure that you will be given credibility after this is all said and done.

all your claims are becoming clearer and clearer.

i make this public to see, if others can be as honest. without resort to working behind the scenes for their own euro liberal agenda. which is mainly reverse sexism, in this instance.
a man may not have an opinion?

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 5:42 pm

From John Milton's Areopagitica:

...But if it be agreed we shall be tried by visions, there is a vision recorded by Eusebius, far ancienter than this tale of Jerome, to the nun Eustochium, and, besides, has nothing of a fever in it. Dionysius Alexandrinus was about the year 240 a person of great name in the Church for piety and learning, who had wont to avail himself much against heretics by being conversant in their books; until a certain presbyter laid it scrupulously to his conscience, how he durst venture himself among those defiling volumes. The worthy man, loath to give offence, fell into a new debate with himself what was to be thought; when suddenly a vision sent from God (it is his own epistle that so avers it) confirmed him in these words: Read any books whatever come to thy hands, for thou art sufficient both to judge aright and to examine each matter. To this revelation he assented the sooner, as he confesses, because it was answerable to that of the Apostle to the Thessalonians, Prove all things, hold fast that which is good. And he might have added another remarkable saying of the same author: To the pure, all things are pure; not only meats and drinks, but all kind of knowledge whether of good or evil; the knowledge cannot defile, nor consequently the books, if the will and conscience be not defiled...

...Seeing, therefore, that those books, and those in great abundance, which are likeliest to taint both life and doctrine, cannot be suppressed without the fall of learning and of all ability in disputation, and that these books of either sort are most and soonest catching to the learned, from whom to the common people whatever is heretical or dissolute may quickly be conveyed, and that evil manners are as perfectly learnt without books a thousand other ways which cannot be stopped, and evil doctrine not with books can propagate, except a teacher guide, which he might also do without writing, and so beyond prohibiting, I am not able to unfold, how this cautelous enterprise of licensing can be exempted from the number of vain and impossible attempts. And he who were pleasantly disposed could not well avoid to liken it to the exploit of that gallant man who thought to pound up the crows by shutting his park gate...

...They are not skilful considerers of human things, who imagine to remove sin by removing the matter of sin; for, besides that it is a huge heap increasing under the very act of diminishing, though some part of it may for a time be withdrawn from some persons, it cannot from all, in such a universal thing as books are; and when this is done, yet the sin remains entire...

...And were I the chooser, a dream of well-doing should be preferred before many times as much the forcible hindrance of evil- doing. For God sure esteems the growth and completing of one virtuous person more than the restraint of ten vicious...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 6:58 pm

keep your intensity crap over there because noone here cares.

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 7:03 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

Au Contraire, I am highly interested in all this, and am glad he posted a record of all this

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 7:08 pm

So am I too.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 7:24 pm

Thats only because you post there, most of the members here don't.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 7:28 pm

You know hale bopp You are no fun. :lol:

I post everywhere any way at any place. 8)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 7:30 pm

I'm heaps of fun, but i can be a b***h though.

All you have to do is stay on the right side of me.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 7:32 pm

No I am a lefty sidedy man Myself. :lol:

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 7:44 pm

My take on it...

all communities need their seedy bars, even the aspie community. But it doesn't make sense for the seedy bar to be right next to the glitzy respectable corporate office, even if half the employees go right to the seedy bar after work. It would make the corporate office look bad, give a bad first impression. So while I will miss Intensity I can understand the decision. I am sure someone will start a new Intensity-type site elsewhere and I look forward to letting loose again when it starts up

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 7:45 pm

Hale bopp,

just unclick the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box, because you are so uninterested in this material. We won't be hearing from you again will we?

Aspen
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2006, 7:47 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

That is a mean thing to say to SB2, even though jman said a mean thing about you over there.

This is very interesting:

Quote:
From John Milton's Areopagitica:

...But if it be agreed we shall be tried by visions, there is a vision recorded by Eusebius, far ancienter than this tale of Jerome, to the nun Eustochium, and, besides, has nothing of a fever in it. Dionysius Alexandrinus was about the year 240 a person of great name in the Church for piety and learning, who had wont to avail himself much against heretics by being conversant in their books; until a certain presbyter laid it scrupulously to his conscience, how he durst venture himself among those defiling volumes. The worthy man, loath to give offence, fell into a new debate with himself what was to be thought; when suddenly a vision sent from God (it is his own epistle that so avers it) confirmed him in these words: Read any books whatever come to thy hands, for thou art sufficient both to judge aright and to examine each matter. To this revelation he assented the sooner, as he confesses, because it was answerable to that of the Apostle to the Thessalonians, Prove all things, hold fast that which is good. And he might have added another remarkable saying of the same author: To the pure, all things are pure; not only meats and drinks, but all kind of knowledge whether of good or evil; the knowledge cannot defile, nor consequently the books, if the will and conscience be not defiled...

...Seeing, therefore, that those books, and those in great abundance, which are likeliest to taint both life and doctrine, cannot be suppressed without the fall of learning and of all ability in disputation, and that these books of either sort are most and soonest catching to the learned, from whom to the common people whatever is heretical or dissolute may quickly be conveyed, and that evil manners are as perfectly learnt without books a thousand other ways which cannot be stopped, and evil doctrine not with books can propagate, except a teacher guide, which he might also do without writing, and so beyond prohibiting, I am not able to unfold, how this cautelous enterprise of licensing can be exempted from the number of vain and impossible attempts. And he who were pleasantly disposed could not well avoid to liken it to the exploit of that gallant man who thought to pound up the crows by shutting his park gate...

...They are not skilful considerers of human things, who imagine to remove sin by removing the matter of sin; for, besides that it is a huge heap increasing under the very act of diminishing, though some part of it may for a time be withdrawn from some persons, it cannot from all, in such a universal thing as books are; and when this is done, yet the sin remains entire...

...And were I the chooser, a dream of well-doing should be preferred before many times as much the forcible hindrance of evil- doing. For God sure esteems the growth and completing of one virtuous person more than the restraint of ten vicious...