20 Apr 2010, 3:24 am

not quite the point of this thread

QuantumCowboy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2010, 8:44 am

Eggman wrote:

I would have to disagree. I was merely showing that I did, in fact, have an apple product in my house...

theimperiousdork
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 11:15 am

I don't use any Apple products personally, because I feel I'm using some overrated piece of gadget, when I can get similar-functioning gadgets of other makes for a lower price, or higher-end ones for the same price.

Others in my family, though, have iPods: my 22-year-old younger brother has an iPod nano, and my 17-year-old brother has an iPod classic. My sister and my mom is contemplating on getting an iPhone. Occasionally used them, but I feel like a hypocrite (or in the most unscientific and obscene term, I feel like a man-sl**) whenever I use them. I and my dad are fiercely anti-Apple, and I feel that Apple products are like Starbucks coffee--overrated, over-commercialized, and impractical.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 11:24 am

No! I love my 2002 EMac, my Apple iPod, a well as my Windows and Linux computers. Cant we all just get along?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 5:32 pm

Eggman wrote:
Anyone esle have an Apple product free home, besdies me and Bill Gates?

I don't have Macintosh products, but that's more because PCs are cheaper and are better for gaming than for thinking that they are inferior for anything other than graphics and music manipulation programs.

TOGGI3
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Apr 2010, 8:19 pm

Eggman wrote:
computerlove wrote:
Eggman wrote:
As for as desktops and laptops, Pc are just better......
As for as mp3 players and tablets Archos is just better
As far as phones, Droid is just better.
If it's on internets it must be true :thumleft:

im happy to allow reality to pwn you to dust. Its not being on the internet that makes it true, its having superior specs at superior savings

sorry I cant hear you beyond my DDR3 standard memory, LED backlit screen, aluminum/glass unibody chassis with magnetic power adapter, active shock protected HDD, and 7 hour battery (10 on new models) </tease> ;D

But seriously, a PC with these features at a better price please?, perhaps something that doesnt have dropped driver support inside of 5 years or when a new OS releases? I'd love to buy a quality PC notebook if it exists, I was comparing at the time, about a year ago, other notebooks out there, but quality for dollar, none of them had the features my current MBP has, and most still dont.

sure some of them had newer CPUs, some of them better drives, little things here and there, but everything else about them just looked like poor quality and structural design. Its about quality my friend, not quantity. Few people can appreciate this with apple computers (or other quality based brands) because they have never owned one and think its like all the cheap thrown together stuff everyone else cranks out. Thus, the cheapskates cant appreciate the added quality.

For the record, I run a mixed environment and work with alot of different brands and types of computers, including Windows, Linux, OS X. I can appreciate a lot of things about each. I would consider myself an advanced computer user who works in the field professionally, particularly in web hosting server environments, though that doesn't make my opinion any better or worse, just felt I should give some background. I say just use whatever works for you.

Exclavius
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 7:21 pm

Only thing apple in my house is a jar of apple sauce the gf left here. :twisted:

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 6:39 pm

Apple:

Trendy/sexy hardware that you pay a premium for that has nonstandardised, proprietary interconnects and is a complete PITA to work on or upgrade items like Hard drives. -- Apples are banished, AFAIC.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 6:40 pm

Sorry Double post.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 7:53 pm

TOGGI3 wrote:
But seriously, a PC with these features at a better price please?, perhaps something that doesnt have dropped driver support inside of 5 years or when a new OS releases?

Show me a 5 year old Mac that didn't have dropped driver support when a new OS released.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 8:18 pm

TOGGI3 wrote:
Eggman wrote:
computerlove wrote:
Eggman wrote:

im happy to allow reality to pwn you to dust. Its not being on the internet that makes it true, its having superior specs at superior savings

sorry I cant hear you beyond my DDR3 standard memory, LED backlit screen, aluminum/glass unibody chassis with magnetic power adapter, active shock protected HDD, and 7 hour battery (10 on new models) </tease> ;D

But seriously, a PC with these features at a better price please?, perhaps something that doesnt have dropped driver support inside of 5 years or when a new OS releases? I'd love to buy a quality PC notebook if it exists, I was comparing at the time, about a year ago, other notebooks out there, but quality for dollar, none of them had the features my current MBP has, and most still dont.

sure some of them had newer CPUs, some of them better drives, little things here and there, but everything else about them just looked like poor quality and structural design. Its about quality my friend, not quantity. Few people can appreciate this with apple computers (or other quality based brands) because they have never owned one and think its like all the cheap thrown together stuff everyone else cranks out. Thus, the cheapskates cant appreciate the added quality.

For the record, I run a mixed environment and work with alot of different brands and types of computers, including Windows, Linux, OS X. I can appreciate a lot of things about each. I would consider myself an advanced computer user who works in the field professionally, particularly in web hosting server environments, though that doesn't make my opinion any better or worse, just felt I should give some background. I say just use whatever works for you.
apparntly the specs dont back up yur point, reality pwns another

lxuser
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 May 2010, 8:36 pm

TOGGI3 wrote:
Eggman wrote:
computerlove wrote:
Eggman wrote:

Just because it has an Aluminium chassis doesn't mean it won't fall apart. Added quality my butt, I can build a computer with better spec and better quality for less than the price of an iCrap.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 4:41 pm

QuantumCowboy wrote:
Eggman wrote:

I would have to disagree. I was merely showing that I did, in fact, have an apple product in my house...
maybe but that doesn't change the fact that it is not the point of this thread

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 5:47 pm

Eggman wrote:

Certainly not me, I'm even gonna get a shiny Apple imprinted into my forehead :lol:

Sent from my iPhone ;)

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 5:56 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Eggman wrote:

Certainly not me, I'm even gonna get a shiny Apple imprinted into my forehead :lol:

Sent from my iPhone ;)
so why are you posting here n0ob?