Page 7 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Sound
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 10:00 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
That wasn't what I was referring to. I was referring to those people, usually religious fundamentalists, who refuse to try certain sexual things because "their religion forbids it", or thinking it will bring shame to their family, etc.

Ah! I see now. My bad.

Though, I personally doubt you have to worry much about this... My impression(possibly wrong?) is that most people don't let their faith intrude in their sex life.

HopeGrows wrote:
Sound wrote:
This is a rare instance where I disagree with you, HopeGrows!

Oh no you di'int, @Sound! :wink: Actually, I think we're giving advice for different situations. Your approach seems to relate to how to approach compromise when it comes to sex/sexual preferences. I totally agree with your advice.

I read Tim_Tex's question as asking what to do when attempts at compromise have failed - I do think it's best to move on when that happens.

Ooh, Good point. Misunderstood, then. Yep, agreed again, as usual.

Sound
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 10:03 pm

DavidM wrote:
I like a woman who is nice and placid and feminine and loves masculinity so much that she doesn't feel the need to discuss what kind of men she likes with other men. She just goes with what she feels is right; she likes to be swept off her feet and passionately embraced. Yes, indeed; this is what I like.

Dude your trolling style is really feelin old. Mix it up a bit, troll in some other manner, else you'll get typecast, and wont be able to flex the range of roles you can troll from. Gotta keep it fresh.

kingtut3 wrote:
Liberal girls turn me way off. Girls with short hair, and I mean short enough to pass as a boy.

Send em my way!! :D

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 10:08 pm

My biggest turn off is women who tan so often I believe that I believe that their skin is akin to cow hide.

Which is sadly way too common down here.

DavidM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2010, 10:08 pm

Sound wrote:
DavidM wrote:
I like a woman who is nice and placid and feminine and loves masculinity so much that she doesn't feel the need to discuss what kind of men she likes with other men. She just goes with what she feels is right; she likes to be swept off her feet and passionately embraced. Yes, indeed; this is what I like.

Dude your trolling style is really feelin old. Mix it up a bit, troll in some other manner, else you'll get typecast, and wont be able to flex the range of roles you can troll from. Gotta keep it fresh.

What are you talking about? 8O

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 5:41 am

hale_bopp wrote:
machf wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
One I forgot to mention: Adult men who live with their parents.

As I said, that's possibly more a cultural thing, around here it's not unusual for four generations (grandparents, parents, children and grandchildren) to live together in the same home...

Yeah, true. That would be fine, in Western European countries, US, UK, Aus, NZ, it's considered strange to be living with your parents when you're working/finished being a student.

Spain is western. :lol:

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2010, 10:29 am

i know i'll never have friends or boyfriends in my life, but these are what turn me off from people (and what i stay away from):

1) arrogance/cockiness/big ego
2) ignorance/one-track mind
3) smokers
4) addicts (alcohol/drugs/sex, etc.)
5) aggression/violence
6) dishonesty
7) fakeness (personality/physically)
8 ) misogyny/sexism
9) attention whores
10) dominance
11) materialism
12) irresponsibility
13) lack of judgment/no common sense/stupidity
14) promiscuity
15) infidelity

all that and everything else that comes with them.

Last edited by ttqs84 on 23 Apr 2010, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2010, 11:14 am

PLA wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
machf wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
One I forgot to mention: Adult men who live with their parents.

As I said, that's possibly more a cultural thing, around here it's not unusual for four generations (grandparents, parents, children and grandchildren) to live together in the same home...

Yeah, true. That would be fine, in Western European countries, US, UK, Aus, NZ, it's considered strange to be living with your parents when you're working/finished being a student.

Spain is western. :lol:

According to some of its detractors (no, I'm not one of them), Spain is part of Africa...

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2010, 2:11 pm

Biggest turn off ever: girls so thin they you can see all their damn bones. Literally the anorexic ones. Extremely ugly, and a shame since most of the girls who do this to themselves looked good before they screwed it up.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2010, 11:36 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Biggest turn off ever: girls so thin they you can see all their damn bones. Literally the anorexic ones. Extremely ugly, and a shame since most of the girls who do this to themselves looked good before they screwed it up.

I don't like this either. However, consider the viewpoint that these girls are severely ill in a way that is difficult for us to understand. Still, it's a turnoff and I'm sure they'll understand your reasons if you don't want to get into a relationship with one of them. On the other hand, I do get quietly very angry when I see that a woman has done this to herself, whatever the reason.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 2:38 am

I'm not even bothered by mere skinnyness, but anorexia does a lot of damage. One of my neighbours, though she didn't stop eating, started an exercise routine intended for horses without increasing her intake, and she began to look twisted and skeletal like a burn victim, though her skin was not burnt.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

gassy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Apr 2010, 1:59 pm

The only criteria i have is somebody i can relate to.

If i cant relate to them and feel comfortable around (i dont think the two are mutually exclusive), even if i do like them, i dont think it would be fair for me to start dating them.

Also I have this problem where by I keep questionning, and feeling that everybody and everything around me is little more than a figment of my imagination. i.e Once i feel that the other person "exists" as a person with a mind of their own (and therefore relate to them) would i feel comfortable in creating a loving relationship with them.

However i have a hunch that that will probably never happen.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 4:57 pm

Religious and political extremists.
Smoking.
A girl that doesnt use her brain or one that have kids.

Any of those things = Immediate "bye bye".

Felgen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Apr 2010, 5:43 pm

What turns Felgen off:

- Stupidity (yes, stupid girls are annoying)
- Spineless girls that let me boss them around and always agree to everything
- Unattrative appearance (looks aren't that important, but I can't 'choose' to fall in love with a girl I don't find attractive)
- Beeing a fanatical religious activist
- Beeing a fanatical atheist activist who hates people that doesn't agree with her

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 6:11 pm

Turn-offs...

-Sports fanatic
-Smokes
-Over tanned
-Glitter
-Just isn't cute or cool
-Smells strange
-Super opinionated
-Loud
-Ignores me
-Religious Evangelicalism
-No libido
-Has a boyfriend

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2010, 4:29 am

Borderline personality disorder.
Before I met my wife, I was involved with a woman who I thought I was head over heals in love with, who happens to have had BPD. She used me and abused me, took my money, and even took my mom's money. She knew how to use her son, who both my mom and I absolutely loved, to take advantage of us. And did I mention how she cheated on me? Or how after she left me for an ex boyfriend (who had beaten her), she had strung me along with promises of coming back to me? And when she did leave him, it was for a guy who ended up beating her son. Thankfully, Child Protective Services ended up saving her child from both of them. I know this is a genuine disorder, but because I was victimized by a person with it, it's hard for me to be sympathetic toward the rest of the breed. Just because a woman has this disorder doesn't excuse her if she's a crazy, manipulative... er, I'll just say witch.
Sorry if I offended any crazy, manipulative witches.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2010, 4:30 am

Borderline personality disorder.
Before I met my wife, I was involved with a woman who I thought I was head over heals in love with, who happens to have had BPD. She used me and abused me, took my money, and even took my mom's money. She knew how to use her son, who both my mom and I absolutely loved, to take advantage of us. And did I mention how she cheated on me? Or how after she left me for an ex boyfriend (who had beaten her), she had strung me along with promises of coming back to me? And when she did leave him, it was for a guy who ended up beating her son. Thankfully, Child Protective Services ended up saving her child from both of them. I know this is a genuine disorder, but because I was victimized by a person with it, it's hard for me to be sympathetic toward the rest of the breed. Just because a woman has this disorder doesn't excuse her if she's a crazy, manipulative... er, I'll just say witch.
Sorry if I offended any crazy, manipulative witches.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer