Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Celoneth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2010, 2:08 pm

I hate spiders with a passion - I think it's the legs.. and the eyes.. creepy as hell.. I have to kill them with a vacuum cleaner so that there's no chance of them crawling on me.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2010, 3:03 pm

I am scared of spiders!

Sometimes, before my house was
"remodeled", I found a spider in the shower.
That scared me a lot!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2010, 3:23 pm

Descartes wrote:
Is anybody here arachnophobic? For anybody who doesn't know what arachnophobia is, it's a fear of spiders.

I'm not sure if I'm arachnophobic or not. I mean, I appreciate how if it weren't for spiders then the world would be overrun by insects. However, I really can hardly stand the sight of spiders. That doesn't mean if I see one nearby that I'm going to kill it, it would just creep me out a little.

Why are spiders so creepy looking? I mean, who wouldn't be creeped out by something that's hairy, has six long legs, and eight eyes?

I am inclined to let spiders be. They eat insects. If a spider builds its web in an inconvenient place I pick the spider up and put it elsewhere and I wreck the web. The spider can always build another web.

ruveyn

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2010, 4:02 pm

Nope, I don't have any fear of spiders, I just don't really like them.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 6:35 am

My autistic son is afraid of them. He wouldn't touch any fake spiders, either and hated Halloween decorations. I mostly just ignore them. I only ever killed one spider in my house, and it's because it jumped onto my face when I was in bed.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 9:54 pm

Spiders are Satan's concubines!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 5:25 am

Can't stand the sight of the things, even fake ones or pictures set my skin crawling. It's particularly bad as an avid gamer, game designers seem to love to put giant spiders in games that I otherwise enjoy, and whenever I encounter one I can barely look at the screen to deal with it. Knowing the fear is irrational doesn't seem to help, whatever it is about the things that bothers me seems to work on an unconscious level below rational thought, and at least in my case it seems to vary widely in intensity for no apparent reason.

TheLastVictorian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2010, 3:38 pm

Spiders are okay. Sometimes I'll place them outside, if they're upstairs. sometimes I'll let them stay in my basement. If they're just hanging around outdoors, I might look at them a bit, tease them by poking their web (to see if they'll come out or go hide.) Saw a tarrantula once, almost stepped on it, which was a bit worrisome, but now I can tell people I had a live action encounter with a monster.

Wasps really bothered me when I was a child, we had a fruit tree that attracted them to our yard, and for a couple of years I would run past that part of the yard with my hands over my head...then I was stung, it didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would, and they don't bother me much anymore.

Creepy crawly slimy bugs are gross.

Spiders have eight legs.

There, it's been said. We can all relax now. :wink: