Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 12:11 pm

Last week, I attended a funeral for a mentor of a support group for individuals with Asperger's Syndrome and made made some friends there. Among them, was a gentleman was AS who was really close to this guy whom I really liked and still like. However, we recently had a falling out two and a half years ago when he made his bed by stating that he felt like I was too annoying for him and chose another friend over me. I had also kept trying to reconcile with him by trying to include him in things and he kept turning me down. So, long story short, I saw him at the funeral last week and he totally ignored me and talked to everyone else expect me, including calling my friend to invite her to the reception.

I just felt so left out and even hurt that he did that.

What should I say to him?

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 12:55 pm

Honestly, I don't think you should say anything to him. A friendship can't be forced, however much you might want it. It sounds like he doesn't want to be your friend, and as much as that hurts, you have to respect that.

Gigi830
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Apr 2010, 12:59 pm

ditto. Don't waste your time. sometimes people don't make good friend material for each other.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 3:34 pm

Gigi830 wrote:
ditto. Don't waste your time. sometimes people don't make good friend material for each other.

Yeah, I know what you mean because there really is nothing more that I can really do since he made his bed. In the meantime, the ball was in his court last week and he decided to throw it to to my other friend. What made it even harder was the fact that he kept staring at me whenever I would make a move and it was just disgusting.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Apr 2010, 4:09 pm

Miyah wrote:
Gigi830 wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean because there really is nothing more that I can really do since he made his bed. In the meantime, the ball was in his court last week and he decided to throw it to to my other friend. What made it even harder was the fact that he kept staring at me whenever I would make a move and it was just disgusting.

It sounds like he is getting some kind of power kick out of hurting you. Move on and do stuff you like. The best revenge is to enjoy your life! When he sees that he doesn't matter anymore, he'll probably feel bad.

Gigi830
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Apr 2010, 4:17 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
Miyah wrote:
Gigi830 wrote:

It sounds like he is getting some kind of power kick out of hurting you. Move on and do stuff you like. The best revenge is to enjoy your life! When he sees that he doesn't matter anymore, he'll probably feel bad.

I agree. Some people get off on bothering people. If he thinks he isn't bothering you anymore he'll move on most likely

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2010, 8:20 am

He is mean like that and he is good at playing mind games with people and I am not open to play them with him anymore. He would also only talk to me when it was convenient for him or when someone else hurt him so that he could dump on me.

Noncon4mist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Apr 2010, 5:27 pm

Miyah, it is impossible for happy people to treat others badly. This man is miserable, and would continue to make you miserable even if he did talk to you.

Find new friends who will respect you, but most of all, respect yourself, then the respect from others will follow.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2010, 9:26 pm

Don't say anything and see what happens.

Jumla
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Apr 2010, 10:07 pm

Miyah wrote:
He is mean like that and he is good at playing mind games with people and I am not open to play them with him anymore. He would also only talk to me when it was convenient for him or when someone else hurt him so that he could dump on me.

I used to know someone like this. In the end, I realised that as I had no control over the way this person chose to behave towards me, the only thing I could do was to remove myself from the situation entirely. I no longer communicate with this person, and I feel better for it.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 8:11 pm

I know what you people mean because he is very unhappy and I decided not to let him get to me.

There was another time where I invited him to my birthday 4 years ago which he agreed to come to. So, he came and ended up either staring at me by playing with his hair or totally ignored me by talking to some other girl and I was totally hurt. He would also only really talk to me when it was convenient for him.