What's your favorite type of weather?

Page 6 of 13 [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 6:15 am

Sunny, clear, slightly cool.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 10:13 pm

The temperature is hovering right around freezing and the air is still. Thick, fluffy flakes of snow are falling, and everything in sight is thoroughly blanketed.

Pseudeos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Oct 2010, 6:17 am

Cold and rainy. I like the rain.

"Are we not in the hands of a lunatic? God isn?t interested in technology. He knows nothing of the potential of the micro-chip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time; 43 species of parrot! Nipples for men!"

splendidisolation
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Oct 2010, 6:55 am

Anything other than rain or snow.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 9:46 pm

Overcast cool fall days

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 2:53 am

Another storm lover here!

I enjoyed watching the summer thunderstorms develop and approach from the 6th floor of the building I worked at this summer. I remember watching the afternoons sky progress from being filled with billowing cumulus clouds to that high-gray-overcast, kind of a filtered/milky look, that always precedes a big line of evening thunderstorms. Then you'd see the turbulent blue-black shelf-cloud slowly emerge from the darkness on the northwestern horizon. I liked watching the big wall of wind and rain just behind the shelf-cloud engulf everything as it approached. Sometimes it was so abrupt that you could see the rain enveloping buildings less than block away before a single drop had hit my window.

I guess I like variety. Though storms are the most exciting I also appreciate crisp clear fall sunshine.

I generally dislike monotonous overcast winter weather where it's just damp enough to have a constant layer of clouds blocking out the sun but at the same time there's not much real weather going on. The low sun angle and overall hum-drum feel just adds to the depressing effect. If it's going to be cloudy I prefer precipitation, a snowstorm perhaps, even driving rain.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 6:59 am

marshall wrote:

I enjoyed watching the summer thunderstorms develop and approach from the 6th floor of the building I worked at this summer. I remember watching the afternoons sky progress from being filled with billowing cumulus clouds to that high-gray-overcast, kind of a filtered/milky look, that always precedes a big line of evening thunderstorms. Then you'd see the turbulent blue-black shelf-cloud slowly emerge from the darkness on the northwestern horizon. I liked watching the big wall of wind and rain just behind the shelf-cloud engulf everything as it approached. Sometimes it was so abrupt that you could see the rain enveloping buildings less than block away before a single drop had hit my window.

Ooh, yeah! A good thunderstorm is an amazing thing. The deepest rumbling thunder or a sharp clap. Lightning here and there. Rain coming down in torrents. There's something immensely satisfying about simply sitting and observing a storm.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 7:09 am

Temps in the 40s or below. I LOVE LOVE cold weather especially snow because the scenery is so pretty. I can't stand DC heat and humidity. I dread spring time too. I would move to upstate NY.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 7:23 am

Orange

arecibo_
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Oct 2010, 11:56 am

Bright, sunny and warm (not too hot).

It not only makes it better for walking around and making the most of outside, it just puts me in a good mood.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 2:00 pm

I love cold, rainy days.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

SarahZ
Raven
Raven

21 Oct 2010, 2:16 pm

I like rain. :)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 8:44 pm

Sunny, clear, not a cloud in that blue sky, and warm (but not hot).

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 8:52 pm

Nice, sunny days. And snowy days too - only if I'm on a snowboard and not driving in Tahoe. Riding in a snow flurry is relaxing...

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 9:00 pm

Kaybee wrote:
marshall wrote:

Ooh, yeah! A good thunderstorm is an amazing thing. The deepest rumbling thunder or a sharp clap. Lightning here and there. Rain coming down in torrents. There's something immensely satisfying about simply sitting and observing a storm.

Yup. I even got up in the middle of the night and drove into a storm to get these pictures.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 9:16 am

luvsterriers wrote:
Temps in the 40s or below. I LOVE LOVE cold weather especially snow because the scenery is so pretty. I can't stand DC heat and humidity. I dread spring time too. I would move to upstate NY.

Do it! It's beautiful there! It was snowing in central NY this morning - I miss it myself.