Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

SilverPikmin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2010, 2:29 pm

Mine is coming up soon... not feeling too enthusiastic about it. I'm doing it in a local library which is a pretty good arrangement for me, but it's still not a nice prospect.

How did you all find your work experience?

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 2:47 pm

I loved it, I did two weeks at the local council. I mostly did office work, but sometimes went to council meetings and stuff, and this one day was absolutely amazing because I got to meet a female rugby team from Kazakhstan who were coming for a tour of the town hall, and I got to speak to their interpreter for a few minutes, and afterwards I went to the Sea Life centre with the Mayor and Mayoress in a chaffeur-driven Mercedes for the official opening of a new tank, where I got to drink some champagne (which I normally only have at Christmas).

y es como un semestre"

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 2:56 pm

I worked in a library for my work experience. Laziest three days of my life; two hour-long coffee breaks and shelving a few books in between - seriously, you won't need to worry about a thing :)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 4:04 pm

You're nervous now, but you'll enjoy it I'm sure. I did mine at an IT department, and got a free computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and copy of Windows XP at the end of it! Safe to say it was a great time, and I got a lot of compliments from staff too :)

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 4:05 pm

What is "work experience"? I notice everyone who is responded so far is from the UK. Is "work experience" a requirement for getting a university degree?

Just curious.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 4:06 pm

elderwanda wrote:
What is "work experience"? I notice everyone who is responded so far is from the UK. Is "work experience" a requirement for getting a university degree?

Just curious.

For me, I did it in year 11 for a week. You get a placement in a company and get experience of work, hence the name "work experience" :D

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 4:16 pm

What an Aspie needs is 'Firing Experience', so you know what it's going to feel like and you can get used to it, so it's less traumatic each time it happens. :oops:

::Ahem:: I'd like to see you all in my office. Right away. :evil:

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2010, 6:44 am

I did my work experience when I was in year 10 for 2 weeks at a book store. It was alright hehe I got a book token and some chocolate at the end of it. I would say it was a useful experience because it was a busy store so I got more used to people.
In year 12 at my sixth form you're supposed to do a work shadowing placement but I couldn't find anything and nobody helped me so... :lol: A longer holiday I guess.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...