Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 1:27 pm

http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

Looks more "rough" to me, but more modern in a way, I'll get used to it quickly I'm sure.

New features we know of so far look good, I'm hoping they'll be able to hack it to get it up and running again, though I doubt that since they can't even get the right firmware yet.

Anyway, I'm about ready to sell my iPhone 3GS, I've had it for almost a year now. Come on Apple, release this! :D

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Apr 2010, 2:10 pm

I will be eligible for an upgrade to the 4th generation iPhone in a few months....but I am thinking of getting the 3GS, "jail-breaking" it and using it as a MiFi or some other type of tethering device.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 3:48 pm

richie wrote:
I will be eligible for an upgrade to the 4th generation iPhone in a few months....but I am thinking of getting the 3GS, "jail-breaking" it and using it as a MiFi or some other type of tethering device.
be sure to get a 3GS with firmware 3.1.2, which I'm sure you're already aware since there's currently no jailbreak for 3.1.3 (people say stay in 3.1.2, skip 3.1.3 and wait for the 4.0 jailbreak)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 3:49 pm

computerlove wrote:
richie wrote:
be sure to get a 3GS with firmware 3.1.2, which I'm sure you're already aware since there's currently no jailbreak for 3.1.3 (people say stay in 3.1.2, skip 3.1.3 and wait for the 4.0 jailbreak)

There is a 3.1.3 jailbreak. The iPad has also been jailbroken by MuscleNerd and geohot.

alex
Developer
Developer

19 Apr 2010, 4:28 pm

thats not the next iphone. It doesn't look like anything apple would design and it's already been proven to be a hoax.

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 4:36 pm

I'll stick to my Blackberry.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 4:44 pm

alex wrote:
thats not the next iphone. It doesn't look like anything apple would design and it's already been proven to be a hoax.

Link?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2010, 10:17 am

alex wrote:

Right, well today Apple got Gizmodo to return the phone to them. The phone was also found with the Facebook profile of an Apple engineer set up on it. Plus, when plugged into a computer, it came up as an iPhone to iTunes, System Profiler, etc. It also contained many chips marked "APPLE", and has not been identified as a known Chinese clone device either. When booted up it also runs the legit iPhone OS, too.

So, this IS a REAL iPhone.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Apr 2010, 2:16 pm

And they are still yapping about it in the blogosphere......

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=6655&tag=content;col1