Page 5 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 2:53 pm

I had a few sociopathic traits as a pree-teen, but after that, I developed a rather rigid conscience. And I have tried to stay true to that, so I think I will pass on this test.
Most of my stuff was "acting out" because of frustration/stress/emotional abuse anyway..

Sincerely,
Matthew

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 2:54 pm

Before posting my score, I'll admit that I think of myself as having some psychopathic tendencies.
Some of the questions definitely felt like me, or how others have described me. The only part that isn't me at all is the part about sex or marriage, as I have no experience with those.

My total score was 22. "has criminal tendencies".
Basically, that is true. I have committed non-violent or lightly-violent crimes (fights) a few times, but I was too young for people to take me seriously.

Jtuk
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 4:39 pm

7, but wouldn't a psychopath lie anyway :)

Jason

brickmack
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Mar 2012, 7:41 pm

13. Honestly, I was expecting a higher score. I displayed a lot of psycopathic traits wgen I was a kid...

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 6:19 pm

Quote:
I hope the feds arn't running this site and track my ip and put me in an institution.

Most psychopaths are too penny-ante to bother with the effort of that. My uncle, who I suspect was a psychopath, mostly just did minor theft, common assault and small-scale drug-dealing. His most serious conviction was child molestation.

People think psychopathy=serial killer, but psychopaths are pretty common and serial killers are rare.

VicSage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Mar 2012, 3:17 am

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 5:02 am

Callista wrote:
6. How the heck did the OP get such a high score? I mean, I scored points for being irresponsible; but only to the degree that those things aren't caused by executive dsyfunction and burnout; and it's hardly my fault I don't mirror people's emotions. I'm compassionate enough when I finally figure out what they're feeling.

BTW, the "politically motivated" thing doesn't actually make this a non-legitimate test; these criteria sound very familiar to me and I'm betting they are part of the list that some professional wrote to describe psychopathy...

If you're gonna accuse a politician of anything, make it narcissism. It's a safe bet--most are, to some extent!

Huh. I got an 8. What interests me is the HOMEPAGE itself. Very curious looking indeed. And the OP and the roommate...what did you do to get such a score??

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 7:04 am

I scored about 8 but that was with being harsh on myself - I'd say I'm a very conscientious person but i do seem to attract the sociopathic/narcissistic type of person which leads me to think I am responding to something I have in a lesser form in me.

In my opinion these psychopathy tests are always skewed towards criminal behaviour, which if a person was brought up in a loving family, as person is far less likely to have - there's innate bias as most of the psychopaths they've studied have been found in prison.

I think there's a multidue of varieties of psychopathic/sociopathic type behaviour that never comes to the attention of the law either becasue it's a lot milder/more socially acceptable. Most people have 'friends' who take advantage - they don't usually try and determien the extent to which the friend has no conscience. I've also noticed that no matter how abusive these types are they will always have mroe friends than me! lol

I also think that there's some kind of crossover of the psychopathy spectrum with the autistic one.

I feel guilty if I upset someone but sometimes if try to imagine how I'd feel if I killed someone I really hate I feel nothing, as if I'd have no problem doing it at all - that's not right!
I have the grandiose thoughts of being 'better' becasue in may ways I am! - why should i deny it to be falsely modest?? It certainly doesn't do me any good being 'better' as most people want people liek themselves. I can sometimes say things in order to achieve other things so that can be seen as manipulative but only mildly as it's often a sgggestion as opposed to tryign to force anyone to do anything so generally I have little or no influence on others and am no expert at it. I could possibly get better at it if I studided human behaviour more but I can't be bothered and I generally don't like to be unpleasant/scheming.

So my Asperger's diagnosis is useless in my opinon as I'm not a totally naive aspie incapable of manipulating at all, I'm half and half. I don't like lying but couldn't that be the aspieness tempering the psychopathy side ie I dont like to lie as it's breaking the rules and I don't like breaking rules; not because it's inherently wrong. Also if your family bring you up not to lie it's like a form of 'no lying' brainwashing in my opinon.

I know for a fact I'm not like most aspies as most are not on my wavelength at all - so what am I?? or is it that aspies on discussion forums are more NT by default as they have sought out social contact?

madmick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2012, 12:27 pm

I scored a one on number 13. I don't think that is my fault tho. I just lose my jobs cos of my co-workers.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 12:41 pm

Don't they say many business executives and politicians are psychopaths?
It would make sense, with their ability to speak, be confident about their own lies and their overall lack of a conscience.

Hopefully, I'll get to be a politician.

one-A-N
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 2:47 am

Trying very hard to be as heartless and cruel as I could be, I scored 4 - mainly for my mild ADHD-like qualities.

I may not understand other people, but I don't want to hurt them. I am emotionally clumsy rather than callous. I am more likely to turn people off than manipulate them to my will.

I guess crime is not a suitable career for me after all (crosses that off list).

as408
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Apr 2012, 4:57 pm

I got 4

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 4:13 am

11. As people have been saying though, it's hard to be objective regarding yourself. I thought I'd go tough on myself and tried to take most q's as literally as possible.

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 5:54 am

Training is necessary for Hare's check-list to be used correctly.

There is self-report test here:

http://personality-testing.info/tests/LPS.php

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 7:49 am

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 11:25 pm

Orr wrote:
Training is necessary for Hare's check-list to be used correctly.

There is self-report test here:

http://personality-testing.info/tests/LPS.php

I did that one and scored abnormally low. I think it's because most of the questions seemed related to ruthlessness surrounding ambition and manipulating, lying and cheating your way to wealth or success or that's how it seemed to me. Thanks to life experiences though I'm not really that type of person, not even in a normal "career" sense so it didn't really suit me.