Page 4 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 12:40 am

I like the colour yellow but my brain doesn't. I even have a yellow Hufflepuff shirt.

I remember reading a book in the first grade that had yellow predominantly in it and I got a headache and felt nauseous looking at it.

Yellow/green has bothered my brain for a long time so now I wear blue tinted Irlen lenses in my glasses. They make so much difference. Everything looks like the proper colour it should be but I no longer feel overwhelmed by the environment, especially in shops.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 1:35 am

Bright orange offends me so much that I fear it.
Yellow is bothersome unless it's soft like butter.

Claradoon
Yes! I particularly dislike VG's Sunflowers.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 5:21 pm

My grade-school art teacher was obsessed with Van Gough. Particularly Starry Night. Could do a doctoral thesis on it from her alone. But I never really liked any of his other pictures because of the constant yellow in them. I once heard an art history professor that Van Gough possibly had epilepsy because he was so fond of yellow and people with epilepsy crave bright colors.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 5:25 pm

Monet used increasing amounts of orange as he went blind. That's all he could see.