Story behind your current signature?

Page 1 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 2:25 am

I came up with mine after listening to the George Michael song "Careless Whisper". The original line is "I'm never gonna dance again, guilty feet have got no rhythm", and I replaced "guilty" with "Aspie" because I cannot dance worth a crap. I have tons of rhythm, it just doesn't translate to my muscles very well. (also I really like that song :oops:)

How did you come up with your current sig/what inspired it?

Last edited by pat2rome on 21 Apr 2010, 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 2:48 am

if by "signature" you mean that hippy dippy pithy closing line a lot of folk use here on WP, mine changes depending on the context of the preceding paragraphs. it is a reinforcement of my stated opinions and queries.
"just my 2-cent's worth, adjusted for inflation :) " is my way of saying "don't shoot me, i have an opinion just like i have a [bodily orifice of choice], just like the next fella, and i am just expressing mine among the crowd."
"things are just peaches and scream all over the place :( " is my way of going "WAAAH!", or of me saying "i need a hug! :( "
"many people confuse a short memory with a clean conscience." is a pithy gary larson quote, that i trot out in reply to folk who cut other people to the quick without looking in the mirror first. as the most stern of my signatures, i seldom use it.

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 2:56 am

I change mine periodically, but my current signature is from a song I like, "Should I Be Concerned," by Allison Moorer.

AppleCat
Toucan
Toucan

21 Apr 2010, 2:59 am

My signature was inspired by me wanting one of those pianos that you can put on the floor and walk across the keys. They look like so much fun.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 3:54 am

Kenny Everett gives Dave a tip.

The year is still young.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 4:53 am

It's a musical joke. Anyone who knows a little music theory and is familiar with Beethoven's music will get it. Anyone who doesn't, well... it would take a fair bit of explaining and lose its funniness in the process.
Musicians tend to PM me about it.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 5:22 am

pat2rome: definaeltely an awsome sig right there. Always admired that one. It really fits.

Mine? Oh, I'm a music obsessor and love showing off jmy musi9cal tasts through Last.fm. aLSO a big fan of Chris Singleton, a Beatle-esque indie artist with a true sense of what pop/rock is about, and is in the middle of some promtion thingy, hoping i can earn a few bonus tracks from the new album, according to the street team.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 7:29 am

Everything about me, is that of Mick Avory, and those are the words that Ray Davies said about the real Mick Avory, after knowing him for a while, in 1964.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 7:42 am

I like making up profound quotes. :roll:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 8:20 am

my signature exemplifies my identity.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 8:40 am

pat2rome wrote:
I came up with mine after listening to the George Michael song "Careless Whisper". The original line is "I'm never gonna dance again, guilty feet have got no rhythm", and I replaced "guilty" with "Aspie" because I cannot dance worth a crap. I have tons of rhythm, it just doesn't translate to my muscles very well. (also I really like that song :oops:)

By curious coincidence, I just ran into those lyrics on a poll page for "worst song lyrics ever". :lol: (They don't seem so terrible to me, but the poll was rightly topped by MacArthur Park, which is what I was searching on in the first place (after the disturbing revelation that it's Dumbledore singing, I've had it stuck in my head! :wink: ) ...)

The year is still young.

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 9:15 am

I have three teenage sons and work in a high school...need I say more?.... :wink:

Julian94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Apr 2010, 9:36 am

I, I copied it!
Don't look at me I'm filthy.

Agnieszka
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 9:52 am

It is simple, I love being here :)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 10:48 am

They're quotes I like, and I believe are true.

Kajjie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Apr 2010, 11:49 am

I read it in a newspaper article about Dali, and it made me laugh, because I expected to read a more complex reason for being different from a madman. I can be thought of as 'mad' in both the sense of being eccentric and having mental health problems (and autism, if you count that as 'madness' - I do), and I think of myself as mad and call myself that. I thought about the quote a bit more, and although i think I probably massively over-analyse it I thought of the following things:

- the difference between eccentric people and 'mad' people (people with mental disorders) is that mad people unknowingly and unitentionally do strange and controversial things, while eccentrics (like Dali) do these things deliberately

- the only difference between mad people (again I am talking about people with mental disorders) and NTs is that the NTs aren't mad. Some NTs really need to realise that - mad people are just as human, as varied and as 'worthy' as NTs, they just happen to also be mad.

For all of these reasons I put it as my signature on forums, and as my favourite quote on Facebook :D