Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 8:34 am

Silver_Meteor wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
Age of consent is 15 in France, he should have taken her on holiday :P

It would not make any difference, it would still be illegal under US law.

US law wouldn't have made any difference if he did it in another country :P

ProfumoAffair
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Feb 2012, 9:16 am

*facepalm* Really, now

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 7:06 am

A paedophile is an adult that is sexually attracted to a pre-pubescent CHILD.
And a 15 year old is not a CHILD and it is a normal age for a young person to understand and want sex. It does not matter if she is autistic, I find the de-sexualisation of the disabled an insult, anyone with a disability especially a mental one whether or not it affects intelligence is not allowed to have a sexuality. And if anyone has sex with a grown up disabled person, such as an autistic they will be demonised by everyone else. Disabled people should not be treated as babies, and neither should 15 year olds.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 7:21 am

Silver_Meteor wrote:
It would not make any difference, it would still be illegal under US law.

The age of consent is 16 in the UK as well as Britain's Crown Dependencies and Overseas Territories. As she was 15, she was near enough the age of consent on that level and whilst sexual activity does occur and is illegal, it is generally not acted upon legally unless the younger partner raises a complaint or it is found to be abusive.

As has been said previously, it's really about the girl's ability to consent rather than her age.

MONKEY wrote:
I find the de-sexualisation of the disabled an insult

I understand where you are coming from. In most cases, yes, it is an insult if their disabilities do not stop them being able to exercise their self-determination on whom they wish to sleep with. There are special disability organisations that exist here in Britain to help disabled people find partners. But I think people worry because people with mental/cognitive difficulties can so easily be exploited and abused by those with the balance of power. In this case, the sex sounds like it was abusive.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 1:44 pm

MONKEY wrote:
A paedophile is an adult that is sexually attracted to a pre-pubescent CHILD.
And a 15 year old is not a CHILD and it is a normal age for a young person to understand and want sex. It does not matter if she is autistic, I find the de-sexualisation of the disabled an insult, anyone with a disability especially a mental one whether or not it affects intelligence is not allowed to have a sexuality. And if anyone has sex with a grown up disabled person, such as an autistic they will be demonised by everyone else. Disabled people should not be treated as babies, and neither should 15 year olds.