Have you never been to a party? (college type or non family)

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 6:09 pm

As in College party or some fancy thing like that? Family yes! Social gatherings (family yes) around people (Mall,Theme Park,Store,NYC yes) but a College party or adult party (drinking etc. ton of people NOT just a friend or 2 or family a Party PARTY) :-)

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 6:18 pm

I've been to a party with more acquaintances rather than close friends, but I've only been when I was friends with a certain girl. She was popular from dating around a lot, and she was pretty social. I wouldn't have known how to really invite myself, but she knew how to get invited but didn't like to go alone so she took me lots of places. I never see her anymore, so I don't go to those parties either. I didn't have much to do cause I didn't get into the drinking and drugs, but I enjoyed watching people's conversations...sometimes joining in.

TheDeviantOne
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Apr 2010, 6:36 pm

No kind of college party, but some family parties, including one when my mother reached a certain age. There were so many people that I stayed in my room with the door locked most of the time and played video games. For the people that did came into my room, I quickly got annoyed at them asking so many bloody questions about what the stuff in my room was.

The Internet; human stupidity at its finest...

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 7:16 pm

Back when I was still trying really hard to fit in, I went to a few large college parties where I only knew 1-3 people (all of which left me all alone every single time). I ended up being so uncomfortable that I drank myself stupid, one time to the point where I was having blackouts and threw up on the sidewalk. That's when I decided to stop trying and also to stop drinking (because clearly I don't know my limits). Other than that, the only parties I've been to were back when I had a big group of friends one summer and we had a few parties of about 10 people but they were all people I knew and it was really fun until everyone got drunk and stupid. Also a few months ago my one remaining friend invited me to his work party and I forced myself to go but it was very, very boring and awkward for me. So no more parties for me in the near future, I just don't find them enjoyable.

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 7:22 pm

I have been to one, but I left pretty quickly. It was both boring and nerve racking simultaneously.
The fact that it was a costume party made things easier though, I just wore a mask, drank some vodka, and talked to whoever came my way :lol:.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 7:55 pm

Sure, I always go to parties when I'm invited. Mostly for the food. :D I don't drink at all and don't care much about chatting. I usually just pig out on the party food. Take a walk around the area, notice decorations and art. Sometimes I sit at a corner and observe other people. Say hi and bye to a few people. Then find excuse to leave early.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 9:05 pm

I tend to go to them when the occasion arises but I usually want to leave not long after I get there.
Smaller parties or get-togethers are much more to my liking and I'm more comfortable.
I always thought it would be cool as hell to be a party animal but socially it's just not in me.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 9:13 pm

i've tried going out a few times, i often leave after approx 1hour or 1h and a half, i sometimes "try" to initiate conversations though.

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 9:23 pm

I have a friend who has nighttime bonfires sometimes. I've been to two or three. Not many strange people show up, so it's relaxing.

But they do not have me

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 10:06 pm

I've been to a couple, and unless I know the people very well, they just seem to happen around me. I'm not comfortable and I don't know how to join in the conversation. Right now I have no friends in the city I'm in and go to a big anonymous school so I don't really have a social life.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 10:10 pm

No. And I'd probably be willing to chew my own leg off to get away from one.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 10:35 pm

Callista wrote:
No. And I'd probably be willing to chew my own leg off to get away from one.

I second that. I HATE PARTY!! !!

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 11:46 pm

Yes, I have been to a few parties.....and I HATE parties!! ! I always get ignored and feel very awkward and isolated. I also find parties way too crowded and loud and therefore overwhelming. I haven't been to a non-family party in a very long time.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 12:08 am

I don't go to those parties where there is drinking and dancing(as in the non family or school functions).

I have gone to family parties, and school and college functions.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 12:26 am

I went to one. I got kicked out. :?

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 12:27 am

Though I have gone to plenty of raves - but thankfully I'm much more anonymous there.

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog