Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 9:00 pm

I'm not a bar/club fan. I might go to a bar if they have good food but that's about the only reason. I just find them boring because there is nothing to do at them that I find interesting. That doesn't change whether I'm by myself or not so I just don't go.

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 10:16 pm

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 5:28 am

Around the time when i was 20-ish, i used to go out now and then. Sometimes with friends and sometimes alone.

It always resulted in the same thing: I always came home alone. That's why i stopped going out.

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 8:25 am

I've managed to get through almost 23 years without going to a nightclub, but I think I might give it a try if I manage to achieve my goal of moving to London this year. I'm trying to try new things. I don't think I'd go alone, though, and I doubt it'll be my scene anyway.

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 11:06 am

Jetson wrote:
As a general rule, I've always found that people think a single guy in a straight bar is creepy, whereas a single guy in a gay bar is a fairly hot target.

This is definately true. When going to a bar alone, you'd better be ready to socialize a lot or it's gunna suck. I've talked with guys who enjoy going to bars alone and the secret is not to stay alone for long.

You're right about the gay bars too. I've been to one once to meet up with the bartender after she got off work. I was amazed to see how many guys came alone and much more welcomed I felt than I had ever felt in a straight bar. Even though they knew I was straight.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 2:59 pm

KaiG wrote:
I've managed to get through almost 23 years without going to a nightclub, but I think I might give it a try if I manage to achieve my goal of moving to London this year. I'm trying to try new things. I don't think I'd go alone, though, and I doubt it'll be my scene anyway.

Yeah, I've never been to a nightclub either. I just have no interest in them. Not to mention the fact that I absolutely hate wearing those kinds of dress clothes. Other than special occasions/events like job interviews or weddings, I'm a jeans/T-shirt guy.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 4:39 pm

Jetson wrote:
As a general rule, I've always found that people think a single guy in a straight bar is creepy, whereas a single guy in a gay bar is a fairly hot target.

Unfortunately never happened to me-I hate going to bars of that type even with someone I know-never had any good experiences-when I go to a straight type bar its usually to be the designated driver for other people-the live entertainment doesnt interest me and I hide in a corner till I am needed.

Slayer_1425
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jul 2010, 2:00 am

I haven't done it before - and probably don't intend to - but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are willing to be social and approach people, or are willing to go on the dancefloor and have fun with girls. There's really no point otherwise; you'll just be a complete loner if you're on your own the whole night. It is a social venue afterall.

Just one other thing. If girls ever ask who you're with, just make some excuse - don't say you came alone, because it will probably put them off.

Furantic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jul 2010, 4:05 am

Every Friday night, you'll see me at the bar with friends from work. Am I an alcoholic? No, they go to meetings.