Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

therange
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 8:53 pm

The reason I was blunt, and rude, is because it's obvious the guy likes her, and is just shy. I probably should have said in the first place what I said later on, but as a guy, it's frustrating when a girl makes these "A guy wants to buy me presents. Does he like me?" posts.

Bugzee
Toucan
Toucan

27 Apr 2010, 8:55 pm

therange wrote:
The reason I was blunt, and rude, is because it's obvious the guy likes her, and is just shy. I probably should have said in the first place what I said later on, but as a guy, it's frustrating when a girl makes these "A guy wants to buy me presents. Does he like me?" posts.

Yeah but she's obviously a teenager or someone who is younger. So she is a state of uncertainty. Just because you find it frustrating does not give you the right to give pricky opinions.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 8:55 pm

is there any post that doesn't frustrate you?

therange
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 9:08 pm

I like Sound and Willard's posts for obvious reasons, and others. And if guys on here had success stories, i.e. went on a date with a girl regardless of if it went well, I would love to read them. The reason SeanMW got so much crap, not just from me, is because he hasn't met this girl in real life and she lives on the other side of the country. Having an internet girlfriend (even if she's real) is passive-aggressive.

If someone came on here with real life pictures of them and their gf together, even if they were showing off a little, I'd be the first one to say "Good to hear a success story."

It bothers me that the majority of guys on here are in the position they're in, because it only gets worse unless they decide to get off the road they're on. Unfortunately, it is kind of a catch-22 because you need some experience to know for sure that being around women, while good, isn't the meaning of life. I'm still battling that myself...as I've done all of the couple things (Going out to eat, going shopping together, walking around the park together, fooling around while watching movies) I haven't had full on intercourse and still fantasize about it way too much.

So on one hand, it's hard for the guys on this site to put two and two together since they have no experience or minimal experience, on the other hand, they're making their situation worse by obstinately refusing to stop being a wimp.

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2010, 11:10 pm

therange wrote:
I like Sound and Willard's posts for obvious reasons, and others. And if guys on here had success stories, i.e. went on a date with a girl regardless of if it went well, I would love to read them. The reason SeanMW got so much crap, not just from me, is because he hasn't met this girl in real life and she lives on the other side of the country. Having an internet girlfriend (even if she's real) is passive-aggressive.

If someone came on here with real life pictures of them and their gf together, even if they were showing off a little, I'd be the first one to say "Good to hear a success story."

Well, there was this topic recently and I haven't seen you post there:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt123330.html

Is it because it's a case of "them and their bf together" instead of "them and their gf together"?

therange
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 11:25 pm

machf wrote:
therange wrote:

Well, there was this topic recently and I haven't seen you post there:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt123330.html

Is it because it's a case of "them and their bf together" instead of "them and their gf together"?

They are long-distance lovers that met once.

Loz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Apr 2010, 2:40 pm

Woah okay.

I took therange with a pinch of salt to be honest, I'm a pretty tolerant person all round and I had a read of other posts on the fourm and wasn't all that suprised to see his comment of this quality here. He's entitled to his opinion, and to put it as harsh as he wants, but that just makes it a really good job that he doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. Through communication I always find understanding and constructive critism to be better than out and out rudeness. If I find something whiny and repeative I tend to rise above it and not bother looking at it.

Thank you HopeGrows, I really appreciate all the information, it makes for some good reading ^.^ very enlightening and exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

Also I'm not a teenager, I'm 24, but I am a depressive with severe aniexty and a selection of other mental health issues and a truckload of tablets. (But in the best state I have been in years at the moment, stable and self reliant) So know what it's like to be hurt by things that wouldn't affect "normal" people, which is why I wanted advice from those in the know. He's a lovely guy and the last thing I want to do is upset him, even if it means backing off and staying as just friends. He's shy, I'm shy and I was just looking for some info.

From what I've read I take it that blow hot and cold on different days is fairly normal? Being more intense on somedays and less so on others? I have noticed a bit of the "12 year old boy" syndrome on and off already, normally when he's blowing hot and cold. When that happens I tend to let him approach me to talk if he wants rather than making him feel like he has to talk or be socialble. Good move/bad move? I'm running off of common sense instead of insider knowledge.

I'm still at that point where until he confines in me that he has Aspergers I'm not able to bring it up or discuss what makes he comfortable. I know this has to be at his own pace. :)

Thanks for your advice guys, the information you've helped me with has been really helpful and I appreciate your time.