how do i repel bullying yahoos harrassing me from cars?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

how do i repel yahoos in cars harrassing me while i walk?
i should shoot at 'em if they try anything, and take the consequences 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
i should just dig a hole, crawl inside and cover myself over with dirt 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
i should quit this place and move someplace civilized 71%  71%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 17

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2010, 3:54 pm

pumibel wrote:
I have ordered this lovely thick bamboo walking stick that, with a twist of the wrist, reveals a nice katana sword hidden inside. I figure I can scare of snakes with the stick and scare off crazy crackheads with the sword. And if the peeping tom ever shows up during this nice weather, I can stab him a little through my screen.

NICE. Where can I find one?

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2010, 5:29 pm

pumibel wrote:
I have ordered this lovely thick bamboo walking stick that, with a twist of the wrist, reveals a nice katana sword hidden inside. I figure I can scare of snakes with the stick and scare off crazy crackheads with the sword. And if the peeping tom ever shows up during this nice weather, I can stab him a little through my screen.

I hate to sound like the proverbial wet blanket here, but you might want to check your local laws regarding sword canes before toting one around in public, many states outright forbid them specifically. Strangely enough, martial arts weapons are often more stringently controlled than firearms; I can legally carry a handgun but cannot carry nunchuku or tonfa for example, and no permit exists to allow me to do so. I think the reason goes back to the 70's when Kung Fu flicks were all the rage and all the would be toughs started carrying around broom handles connected by twine and such, causing the police to overreact to this new "threat" and push for legislation. The really obnoxious thing is that it would be politically infeasible to roll back these dumb laws, it's not an important enough issue for most people to make a big deal about, so politicians see no reason to address the problem. It's particularly irksome for people like myself who possess both handgun licenses and martial arts training but are not allowed to carry certain less lethal weapons, I basically have a choice between bare hands and lethal force and there are many situations that fall somewhere between the two.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2010, 5:36 pm

Attach a flame thrower to your exhaust pipe. :lol:

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2010, 5:39 pm

Have you seen the movie The Weatherman? Stars Nicholas Cage during his streak of great movies. Anyways, one of the reoccurring things in the movie is that people are constantly throwing crap out of their windows at him because they recognize him as a ridiculously well-payed weatherman: burgers, milkshakes, pies, and so on. Towards the end of the movie, he starts taking to the habit of carrying around a bow and quiver of arrows around with him everywhere, with the comment "People don't throw things at me anymore, heh."

From a legal standpoint, in Oregon, if they're swerving at you in their car, that's actually considered assault with a deadly weapon (pretty much the equivalent of pulling an unloaded gun on someone and pulling the trigger to scare them), and response with lethal force is justified.