Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Withdrawn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2010, 12:24 pm

I have got an idea! I'm a rabbit lover, but I don't have any after my rabbit's death that happened a year ago.
My parents refuse letting me get another rabbit. Of course I'm sad because of that.
I'm the loneliest in the world.
So ... I have got some money.
I have 700 SEK (swedish money), a rabbit from the pet shop costs 300 SEK, and I have all the other stuff that a rabbit needs.
I want to go to the pet shop, buy a rabbit, lock my bedroom door and never let Mum and Dad know that I have bought one.
I'm desperate!

Is this a good idea?

PS: My mum did like this when she was in my age, haha (but her mum noticed it).
Edit: Admit that it sounds kind of exciting!

aspartame
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2010, 12:33 pm

It's really not a good idea. Your parents will surely notice, and it would be terrible and unfair to the rabbit if you were forced to get rid of him or her. How would you feed and clean up after an animal without your parents finding out? What if your rabbit became ill and needed a veterinarian? It's possible that if you wait patiently now, your parents will change their minds in the future and let you have another rabbit, but if you go behind their backs and try to keep a secret pet, this chance will almost certainly be spoiled.

Plus, petstore animals are often sold unhealthy. It's better to go to an animal shelter or rabbit rescue group instead.

Wait until you move out and then adopt a homeless rabbit from an animal shelter rather than buying one from a petstore.

Withdrawn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2010, 12:50 pm

aspartame wrote:
It's really not a good idea. Your parents will surely notice, and it would be terrible and unfair to the rabbit if you were forced to get rid of him or her. How would you feed and clean up after an animal without your parents finding out? What if your rabbit became ill and needed a veterinarian? It's possible that if you wait patiently now, your parents will change their minds in the future and let you have another rabbit, but if you go behind their backs and try to keep a secret pet, this chance will almost certainly be spoiled.

Plus, petstore animals are often sold unhealthy. It's better to go to an animal shelter or rabbit rescue group instead.

Wait until you move out and then adopt a homeless rabbit from an animal shelter rather than buying one from a petstore.

I abhor the dreadful reality. :cry: But I guess you are right.
Thank you for answering.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 1:02 pm

Reality's not easy to face, but we all have to face it.

Withdrawn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2010, 1:22 pm

I would develop a lot of it. And that is exactly what Mum and Dad want.