Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

therange
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 11:35 pm

Like someone else mentioned, Chloe from 24. She has all of the symptoms...from the facial expressions to having awkward brutal honesty (it comes off as a child that doesn't know any better with weird syntax and offensive remarks.)

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2010, 9:13 pm

soulice wrote:
What fictional characters do you think would be on the autistic spectrum, had they really existed? I've thought of a couple, where it was never implied, but I thought so based on how they acted.
Share your ideas, and a little bit what you think they could have been on the autistic spectrum. I cant think of every fictional character at the moment, but here are two I remember right now.

"Anya" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She often blurts what she is thinking (which was the premise for one episode) without any tact. She's naive about the real world in the way children can be.

She's a demon, so of course she's not going to know much in the ways of humanity.

Abed from Community. Seriously, I'd be shocked if he doesn't actually have it.

willaful
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 11:49 am

Did anyone mention Max from "Parenthood"? This was recommended to me by a friend who has a daughter with a PDD-NOS diagnosis. We watched an episode last night, which I think is the one following Max's diagnosis with AS. (Hulu didn't go back any further, unfortunately.)

I thought the character was very well depicted, but ultimately I was somewhat pissed off at the end of the episode because it seemed to be all about the Max's dad and his desire for a "normal" son and his triumph when his son manages to succeed in a "normal" way. But since this was just after the diagnosis, I'll cut the characters some slack and keep watching for awhile.

willaful
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 1:42 pm

Just heard about a new one from my mom, children's book called The London Eye Mystery by Sibohan Dowd. Boy solves mystery uses special skills.

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 3:51 pm

Lt. Commander Data from Star Trek:TNG

Overkill
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 May 2010, 6:29 pm

Peter Parker (spiderman) or Clark Kent perhaps? Well, Clark Kent is technically supposed to be an act to hide the fact that he is Superman, but there are other interpretations. But Peter parker was not an act so he could technically be on the spectrum.

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 May 2010, 6:03 am

thinking about it, sasuke from naruto and naruto shipuuden may be autistic due to the fact of how obsessive he is

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 10:13 pm

Cale Tucker and Sam Tucker from Titan A.E., Serena/Usagi from Sailor Moon, Tommy's dad from Rugrats, Ramona from the Beverly Cleary series, Fudge from the Judy Bloom series, Sailor Mercury from Sailor Moon, Dib, Gaz, Zim and Professor Membrane from Invader Zim, Shroder from the Peanuts, Fritz and Lily from Timothy Goes to School, Buster, D.W. and "Brain" from Arthur all have traits. D.W. and Buster strike seem more AS to me than Carl does.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 6:26 am

I would have to say Alice from "Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice", because of her dislike of being touched.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 11:08 pm

Francis' owner from Felidae
(at least in the English dub)

Studdied archology extensively but is unable to find a job in it so he is a stay at home writer, has one human friend and his closest friend is his cat, Francis.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 8:47 am

Marshall from Alias totally has Asperger's.

He's got the awkward speech, the poor eye contact, pretty much everything Aspie.

Though I'm VERY envious of his spy tech genius! :P

Psychopompos
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 10:14 am

Rorschach in Watchmen. He is blunt, cold, lonely, has a rude and aggressive behaviour, always wears a mask. But his behaviour could also be a consequence of a very unpleasant childhood.

Alum dare, dolere, id Hephaestus, id ire / Pro profundis fati / Pro pulchris infernarum profundis / Pro pulchris omni fati brachium / Pulchris profundis infernarum servi fati / Profundis, profundis fati

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 1:14 pm

Psychopompos wrote:
Rorschach in Watchmen. He is blunt, cold, lonely, has a rude and aggressive behaviour, always wears a mask. But his behaviour could also be a consequence of a very unpleasant childhood.

I was thinking that too. Also, Dr. Manhattan

Interviewer: Jon, I hope you'll forgive me for asking you this ... but what's up doc?
Dr.: "Up" is a relative concept. it has no intrinsic value.

Also, how many times do I have to mention Kim Ross from Dresden Kodak before you guys get the message? I keep seeing threads like this and I have vowed to mention Kimmy in each one until they stop being made.
http://dresdencodak.com/2009/04/19/onald-creely/

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 3:04 pm

Psychopompos wrote:

I thought he was a sociopath...?

crocus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 May 2010, 7:42 pm

Dr. Spencer Reid on "Criminal Minds"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pjw5Ye8MGc&feature=related[/youtube]

loko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 May 2010, 7:10 pm

no degrassi love?

connor was diagnosed with asperger's last season, there was a whole episode about it. the shep wanted to kick him out of school. thats a bad shep.