Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Apr 2010, 6:50 pm

Care to swap tips, or?

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 7:38 pm

I play, and I'm actually 3-0. 8O I'm incredibly surprised because I've only played once before and this is my first time in an individual pitchers league. I actually have a really great pitching staff, the only one there who hasn't been meeting my expectations is Matt Cain, who is my favorite since he's on the Giants. I'm not sure I have any tips for after the draft, since you should be done with that already since the season started, except for make sure to pay attention to what team your pitcher is facing. If it's a weaker offensive team that loses a lot, make sure you play him, even if he might be a backup. If it's someplace where everyone can hit and they win a lot, like Philadelphia or the Yankees, you might want to look at someone else, unless he's a real ace.

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 10:01 pm

I have been playing for at least a dozen years or so now.

Lately, I have been tending to draft pitchers (and especially relievers) with higher amount and using little if any bench space on the offensive side. Of course, this can backfire when you have slumping bats on your roster - and seems like a major sacrifice to try and dominate one degree of the scoring.

TheLastVictorian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Apr 2010, 11:57 am

I've got three teams this year, two winning this week so far, one leading it's division so far this year, the others....trailing by quite a lot. The league I play in is head-to-head, where you only get to pick a pitching team, not individual pitchers. This is my third year playing. (2nd year in this style.)

From past experience, I've tried to get the "best" pitching staff possible, but my computer was acting up, and two of my drafts got really...messed up.

My best team to date has the Yankees and Angels as pitching staff, and Teixeira as my big name. Last week, I picked up Chase Headley from San Diego, and have been pleasently suprised by his performance.