Yes, but not during class. 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
No, it doesn't. 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
No, it doesn't. 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 32

Chris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Dec 2004, 4:00 pm

Does your school let you chew gum? Mine does. Ick. It is so gross! :x Yesterday, a girl named Ashley Elledge was chewing gum in class, which is allowed, unfortunately. I walked up to her and asked her politely to stop, but she just blew a really big bubble and let it pop all over my face. Ewwewwewwewweww! It felt so gross. I wondered what makes people want to chew gum all the time, so I tried a piece. It felt weird inside my mouth. I don't like the feel of it.

I only chew gum when I am under extreme stress, because then the gum gives me something to think about besides how stressed I am.

I hate gum, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does. You can post how you feel about chewing gum here.

Yours truly,

Christopher Grills

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2004, 4:37 pm

I wonder where Mich is (ducks to avoid gum-seeking missile)......... :lol:

dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2004, 4:51 pm

Well, gum was allowed all over the school until some kids started overdoing it to tease me. They got it banned then, which was good. Most kids think I am the cause of the ban, but they really started it. Neurotypicals.

Each day I catch another student with gum. Those nasty snobs! Can't they accept the rules?!?

I despise the smell of gum. Therefore, I hate it. I haven't chewed gum since I realized how it smells, and even before then, I only chewed it in my room at home.

Fifth grade math was nasty for the sinuses in fourth quarter. A girl who sat behind me chewed smelly watermelon bubble gum, and, one time, my two table-mates (both NT) chewed Winterfresh. My nose was so darn cold! Luckily, social studies and language arts were taught by a woman who hated the sound it makes when people crackle their gum.

Dunc: Spit out the gum!

:!: A Sensitive Nose :?:

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2004, 4:53 pm

Chris wrote:
Ewwewwewwewweww! It felt so gross. I wondered what makes people want to chew gum all the time, so I tried a piece. It felt weird inside my mouth. I don't like the feel of it.

I would NEVER chew gum like they do, for it is addictive (yes, I observe NTs).

:!: Mich :?:

Chris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Dec 2004, 5:45 pm

My school planner contradicts itself about gum. In one part it says:

Student Property The following items are disruptive and may interfere with the learning climate at our school. Please do not bring such items to school:
1. Cell phones, pagers, electronic games....
2. Boom boxes, CD players, cassette players....
3. Items of distraction such as toys, water guns, whistles, dungbombs....
4. Dangerous objects such as knives, spike wristbands, sharp objects...
5. Gum, Sunflower seeds.....

But in another part it says:

Candy and Gum: Candy eating is not permitted at the middle school except before school, after school and in the cafeteria during lunch. Gum chewing is permitted as long as it is chewed properly and gum and wrappers are disposed of appropriately. Proper chewing means no snapping, popping, or bubbles. Individual teachers may prohibit the privelege of chewing gum in their classes.

Isn't that really weird? I intend to do something about this gum chewing. But how?

Yours Truly,

Christopher Grills

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2004, 6:07 pm

Chris wrote:
My school planner contradicts itself about gum. In one part it says:

Student Property The following items are disruptive and may interfere with the learning climate at our school. Please do not bring such items to school:
1. Cell phones, pagers, electronic games....
2. Boom boxes, CD players, cassette players....
3. Items of distraction such as toys, water guns, whistles, dungbombs....
4. Dangerous objects such as knives, spike wristbands, sharp objects...
5. Gum, Sunflower seeds.....

But in another part it says:

Candy and Gum: Candy eating is not permitted at the middle school except before school, after school and in the cafeteria during lunch. Gum chewing is permitted as long as it is chewed properly and gum and wrappers are disposed of appropriately. Proper chewing means no snapping, popping, or bubbles. Individual teachers may prohibit the privelege of chewing gum in their classes.

Isn't that really weird? I intend to do something about this gum chewing. But how?

Yours Truly,

Christopher Grills

A petition?

:!: Mich :?:

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2004, 6:10 pm

Chris wrote:

The best bet is to point out the descrepancy at the next board of education meeting during the public input session. If the meetings are televised on local cable TV, all the better for getting something done about it.

talking to your principal might also work too, but I've found out that teachers and administrators don't like their own stupididty pointed out to them, so I be cautious in going down that route.

back on topic.... I hate gum, always have, always will, never liked the smell of it, the flavor of it, or the texture of it in my mouth.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2004, 6:11 pm

The only problem I have with gum is if they stick it all over the furniture, and if they chew it with their mouth open.

I love the taste and smell of gum, and chew it myself on occasion, and have blown gum bubbles since a child.

Chris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Dec 2004, 6:27 pm

The only gum I even like slightly is Trident Tropical Twist. I saw it in a gas station once. I picked it up and looked on the back. It had no sugar. I smelled it. It smelled really nice. It actually smelled natural and pleasant unlike those icky watermelon and other ones. So I thought, What could it hurt? So I bought it. I took a piece and began to chew. It tasted fantastic, but it was soon ruined by the texture of the gum. I started to think it was real fruit. Suddenly, it was gone. Where did it go? I found out that I swallowed it. That gum didn't really taste like gum to me.

I talked to the principal about the gum and I ended up getting the gum removed from the vending machines. They were replaced with LifeSavers and Breathmints. They still allow gum chewing in school though.....

Yours Truly,

Christopher Grills