Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 4:51 pm

I don't know anything about your history with this chick, but ever consider that maybe her man is somehow "threatened" by your place in her life? I dunno, that's how it is with one of my best friends, any dude she meets will know of me and know that it will take many years for him to have anywhere near the level of trust and dialogue that her and I have; consequently she is often impossible to get a hold of when she has one of these cats in her life.

And that's fine, I don't need s**t from her 99.9% of the time, but I love her to death and if she wants to "use" me as a therapist (which occasionally she does) I am more than happy to help.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 6:23 am

amazon_television wrote:
I don't know anything about your history with this chick, but ever consider that maybe her man is somehow "threatened" by your place in her life? I dunno, that's how it is with one of my best friends, any dude she meets will know of me and know that it will take many years for him to have anywhere near the level of trust and dialogue that her and I have; consequently she is often impossible to get a hold of when she has one of these cats in her life.

And that's fine, I don't need sh** from her 99.9% of the time, but I love her to death and if she wants to "use" me as a therapist (which occasionally she does) I am more than happy to help.

One of her exes seemed to dislike me when I came around, and I suspect he left threatened, at least vaguely. This new guy doesn't know about me as far as I know. Just from writing, I can tell you're really close to that girl you're talking about- I've seen this platonic thing before in girls I've dated and I didn't like it, even if there wasn't a reason. I have to admit, if I dated her you wouldn't be my favorite person, even if you didn't do anything.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 8:03 am

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
I have this one friend who used to talk to me frequently, but once she bought a house and got busy with a full time job, I could hardly get ahold of her. She calls me a week ago to piss and moan about her relationship over coffee and beer- they were about to break up. Now that I guess they've worked it out okay, I can't get ahold of her...

Does this happen, where people use you as a therapist? Or use you in general?

If she uses you like a therapist, I say you charge her like one. :lol:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 10:42 am

Quote:
She uses me like a therapist!

none of my therapists ever used me.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 2:10 am

I have talked to several people, both male and female, who were like this. I have since cut off ties with them. I can't stand people who use me as a dumping grounds for their emotional problems, because I know that nothing I say will make them feel better, and we never talk about anything enjoyable. It's always doom and gloom.

AdmiralCrunch wrote:
Drama is the female version of video games.

Truer words have never been spoken (or typed, as it were). It makes so much sense when you put it in that context!

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 5:26 pm

What I think the reason why *in your words* uses you like a therapist is because she knows that you would be out there to talk to and she feels that you would understand her situation but then she loses touch with you after you sorted out a problem doesn't sound like a very nice thing or she could be very busy with other things? Who knows? You could try and ring her, maybe she might answer?

Maybe she has some kind of trust in you (which is a good thing).