Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

wendigopsychosis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2010, 9:44 am

catherineconns wrote:
This used to happen to me all the time. I would be standing by myself, just thinking neutral thoughts, kind of zoning out and minding my own business, and people would always come up to me and ask what was wrong or who I was mad at.

I very much identify with this. It used to happen more often, before I started "learning to be normal," so to speak, but even now if I zone out and forget to keep track of my face, someone always asks, "Are you alright?" or "What's wrong?"
I feel rude, so I never say it, but someone asking me if I'm alright always makes me actually feel upset. Ugh.

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2010, 3:01 pm

It makes sense, in a way.
Psychopaths are usually callous.
Although it makes very little sense then, because psychopaths are usually also excellent mimics of normal human emotion.
Which makes this stereotype absolutely the epitome of stupid.
Although I do not completely blame them for not reading up on psychopathy, it surely seems that they have no idea of what they are talking about.
Their bubble probably just burst.
They are probably just being whiny about not being able to magically sense emotions.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2010, 4:59 pm

catherineconns wrote:
This used to happen to me all the time. I would be standing by myself, just thinking neutral thoughts, kind of zoning out and minding my own business, and people would always come up to me and ask what was wrong or who I was mad at.

That happens to me soo often. I'm rarely conscious of my facial expression. I actually had someone tell me that I looked like I wanted to kill her when I thought I was neutral (at the very least blank) since I was in a neutral mood :roll: I'll never get it right.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2010, 7:21 am

MrDiamondMind wrote:
I once had a co-worker who became a friend tell me that when I look at people, it looks like I want to kill them. This isn't true at all. I have no idea how I look at people. But when he said this to me, it made me feel so much better, as I realized that that's what might make many people perceive me as unapproachable and dislike me.

Has anyone else been told this, or do you think you have a 'killer look' too? :twisted:

What they said sounds out of order and very hurtful. They could have thought of a more tactful way to put it.