Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

criss
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 3:24 pm

Often I feel great loneliness around detail orientated and analytical people. I crave the meal not the menu.

I can be obsessed by details, but often these details would be what I would perceive as essential links that make the whole or essence. I seek wholeness, integration and unity, over perfection.

My soul and autism are made up of two complementary opposites. My mind is analytical, my soul is philosophical. One seeks to cut up and divide, the other seeks connection.

The dance between these two aspects of my being, is becoming more harmonious and less cumbersome.

"We are here on earth for a little space to learn to bear the beams of love." (William Blake)

Thank God for science, but feed me poetry please, as I am one that desires the meal & not the menu. (My own)

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 3:48 pm

I'm far more right-brained than left-brained as well. I get little satisfaction out of trivia or anything requiring rote memorization. I also like things that are elegant and balanced. I much prefer to study theoretical physics or mathematics over something lake law or economics. The former are always fairly elegant, balanced, and logical while the latter are ugly human-made messes. I like art as well but I prefer just enjoying it instead of endlessly analyzing and categorizing it like they do in formal study / art-school.