Do you enjoy the characters in Twilight?Is Bella an Aspie?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 5:32 pm

Delirium wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

Look, it took me ages to like Monty Python and Blake's 7. Telling me something is worth watching is likely to make me dig my heels in. Especially if it's American. I'm an Anglophile.

Besides, Sarah Michelle Gellar is a complete and utter idiot for saying (along with Freddie Prinze Jr) that Queensland was too pokey and small for big stars like them. If that ain't hubris, asking to have half the population of the state of Queensland to go all medieval on their derrieres, then I dunno what is. Paul Darrow may not be a big star, but he's a better one.

I myself am not dissing Buffy and Angel as being not worth anyone's time. I just don't think they're worth my time.

Okay, fair enough.

That being said, why the hell isn't Anthony Head in more things? I saw him in the Doctor Who story School Reunion as Mr Finch, and he was brilliant with a role that would have been flat without him. I know he's currently in Merlin, and that he's been in Repo! The Genetic Opera, but you know...I reckon he'd make a great Avon.

Okay. Derail over.

On sabbatical...

Gainer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 May 2010, 10:47 am

To answer the first question. I have read all 4 books and I can see on both sides of the line why people like it and why people hate it. Personally I like it, same as Harry Potter. It transports me into another world where I know about cool stuff and as I can't fit into this world gives me a place to be accepted, even if its only through the character in the book. The characters are well known and I can tell whether or not I'll like them. In twilight i Love Alice as she is the type of person I am. Enthusiatic about what can happen, love to organize and help people. As for the main characters, Edward and Bella I am actually jelous and that I want that relationship. Fortuanatly my girlfriend already knows this and subsequemtly I go to her. I have an opinion on the rest as wel but it will get a bit long.

As for does Bella having AS, no-idea. From seeing it from my eyes, yes and no. From what the author has written and the comments posted here I have to say its 70-30 in favour that she does have AS, simply because of her comitment and obsession to edward, her observation skills regarding other people, her for want of a better word passion. I can go on. If I have to put money on then yes.

Of all the negative comment I have read most say no beacause they dislike the novel and do not focus on the the character on which this thread is based. Sorry if my last comment seem harsh, just an observation.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 12:33 pm

Gainer wrote:
To answer the first question. I have read all 4 books and I can see on both sides of the line why people like it and why people hate it. Personally I like it, same as Harry Potter. It transports me into another world where I know about cool stuff and as I can't fit into this world gives me a place to be accepted, even if its only through the character in the book. The characters are well known and I can tell whether or not I'll like them. In twilight i Love Alice as she is the type of person I am. Enthusiatic about what can happen, love to organize and help people. As for the main characters, Edward and Bella I am actually jelous and that I want that relationship. Fortuanatly my girlfriend already knows this and subsequemtly I go to her. I have an opinion on the rest as wel but it will get a bit long.

As for does Bella having AS, no-idea. From seeing it from my eyes, yes and no. From what the author has written and the comments posted here I have to say its 70-30 in favour that she does have AS, simply because of her comitment and obsession to edward, her observation skills regarding other people, her for want of a better word passion. I can go on. If I have to put money on then yes.

Of all the negative comment I have read most say no beacause they dislike the novel and do not focus on the the character on which this thread is based. Sorry if my last comment seem harsh, just an observation.

Co-dependency =! Asperger's.

Also, Bella doesn't have a personality. She's essentially a blank slate for the reader to project herself onto.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 12:56 pm

Xenu wrote:
Also Kristen isn't an aspie. She is just a stoner.

It's the only way to get through filming one of these films.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 1:40 pm

The whole series is f*****g atrocious, like the acting of the main couple. Only the third movie is good, and the first one has the best athmosphere of them all, but I could not help sleeping during the screening.