A party: To go or not to go. That is the question

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 6:26 pm

So a fairly new friend/acquaintance of mine invited me to a party he and his roommates are throwing at the end of the month. They live in a big house they call the mansion and the landlord is making them leave because he's moving into it so it's a "going away" party. Anyways, other than the one friend, I might only know 1 or 2 other people there. It sounds like it's going to be the typical NT, drinking party, but I'm not 100% sure. It's not that I'm nervous, but I just think it will be extremely boring for me because I don't like visiting and it doesn't sound like there will be any set activities or anything.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 7:16 pm

You seem to have descirbed the party very well. So you should be able to judge for yourself if you like it. Maybe ask your friend/aquaintance for more details?

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 8:31 pm

I don't care for parties, and I usually wouldn't go unless the person who invited me is someone whom I know well and whom I trust. I'd also have to take into account the type of people who will be attending the party.

Athenacapella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 May 2010, 8:37 pm

I might try to go ... say "hello" and hang out for a little bit, then make an excuse to head out early if you're bored.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 8:59 pm

I'm probably going to decline. If it was a bit closer, I might go for a bit, but it's about a 40 minute drive away, which means it's almost an hour and a half commute and since I doubt I'd want to stay there that long, it's not worth it. It sounds like one of those events where I'd be just standing off to the side by myself.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 8:44 pm

I do foreclosures at a lawfirm and yes, people do have those "going away parties".

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!