Does life really get easier when you leave school?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 10:01 pm

Because I'm ready to have a life of my own. I'm graduating high school in a month, and that means I can finally be a free man! I can finally do stuff without my mother or special needs people watching over me most of the time. I won't have to worry about being a "poor" kid anymore. I can finally meet people that won't make fun of my hobbies, interests, or my lifestyle. I can finally care less about getting into superficial crap like video games, brand-name clothing, having a high IQ how popular you are on Facebook, etc.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 10:07 pm

are you going to college?

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 10:18 pm

tinky wrote:
are you going to college?

Right now, my future is undecided: Go to college or get a job in one of my career fields: Working with computers or working with children.

xdr5tgb
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2010, 10:29 pm

Does it get easier? No.

you will have new challenges and new happyness. You will have to pay attention to bills, keep people you don't care about happy in order to get paid. You will have freedom to search yourself but also the risk of making new messes you can't clean up. Take about 10-20 minutes a day to think about where you want to be in the next 1,5,10,20 years. Now is when you will make it happen or not.

Keep your life simple, and debt free and you will prosper.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 10:42 pm

For me it was easier because I didn't have to deal with kids and school anymore. Plus I had supportive parents.
I loved my own freedom and having my own money and buying what I want. But living with my parents wasn't easy because they still tell you what to do and might still try and talk you out of things and tell you to not do this or that. I just wanted to move out for that reason. I had other reasons too.
True you don't have to deal with that popularity crap. But you will still hear about it online and stuff. I kept hearing about Farmville and then I decided to try it. I mean I heard about it on a forum, then it was on South Park and I think it heard about it at other places including facebook and I decided to give it a try. Now I like it but I'm only growing one thing right now.

zero_effect
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 May 2010, 10:48 pm

maybe that first night when your on your own you can finally put your feet up on the furniture and have ice cream for dinner. but the next day yea its hard

anxiety25
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 2:04 am

I think it just depends on a lot of things... for me, not one bit.

I had a few very close friends in high school, and we grew apart fairly quickly... as an adult, I'm not crammed into a room with 20 other people, or in a building with tons of them... it's not a setting where I'm even "bound to meet somebody eventually". That part sucks.

But... the social pressure is less as far as what people expect of you, providing decent people are around you to begin with, lol, who will listen and try to understand things. I mean, I still run into meanies here and there, but it's not nearly as common.

There are still lots of misunderstandings, though, and that could go both ways... I could be happy that I'm going home and just won't have to see that person again (most likely), or can take on a negative attitude at times, because it seems that it happens far too often.

But... I also have a lot of moments when I just want to be around people... there just isn't anyone to be around.

Responsibilities keep things rough, though, regardless... they just keep getting to be more and more, and that is really hard to deal with, as I have a really hard time actually carrying things out (plan-wise).

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." -Luna Lovegood

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 2:39 am

For me, totally.

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 3:12 am

Things got better for me about 30. There seems to be something about this getting older and wiser thing, well at least it worked that way for me.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 3:53 am

For me, it got more difficult, but it also got better.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 3:59 am

Life is a lot easier for me, now than it was, in high school. I'm left alone, to do my own thing. I'm left alone by society and the NT world, to be the 60s Mod, that I am. I've started feeling free, the Summer of 1996. That was the summer, that I just decided to really chop my hair off, and the first time that I looked, as I do, now. I've graduated in 93. I've graduated from college in 96, and I've gone completely Mod and Mickish, the Summer of 96.

Meta
Toucan
Toucan

05 May 2010, 4:04 am

I'm 35. Life never seems to get easier, just different.

Last edited by Meta on 05 May 2010, 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 4:46 am

My life seemed to get easier in my mid/late twenties. But I have a feeling it's going to get harder again. So I'd say not necessarily.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

05 May 2010, 5:18 am

I think that life never gets easier. New challenges will always show up and the only difference is that as the years go on, you might learn better ways to cope with them hence making things appear to be easier.
I thought that leaving school would make my life easier. I thought that school was the reason for my depression and that if I left, everything would just work itself out. Nope, now I'm stuck with more challenges, just like everyone else on this planet and when I've overcome these ones, there will be many more waiting.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 5:43 am

My life got easier when I left school - especially when I finally got out of the day release and evening classes my employer sent me to. I'd just about carved out a comfy niche for myself when they started changing everything (employers love to reshuffle the cards), so I quit and tried to make a go of it in the alternative economy (worker co-ops and communes). That wasn't economically viable in the end, so I got sucked back into a straight job.......but by that time Thatcher had made most jobs longer and harder :( So it's not been much of a picnic for the last 20 years or so.......now that I've declared my disability to the employer there have been some adjustments to stop me going completely up the wall, but I still find it deeply uncomfortable being stuck in somebody else's environment, and I don't think I'll be happy until I quit, which I intend to do the moment I've got enough money to tide me over till retirement.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 7:01 am

Not really, just VERY different