Does anyone have an Android phone?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 2:11 pm

I currently own a Blackberry but am wanting the HTC EVO 4G when it comes out in June but I hear battery on Android phones aren't so great (in comparison my BB is 1150 while the HTC EVO 4G will be 1500 SO better battery) While I know the HTC EVO 4G isn't out till June if anyone here owns an android phone how does the battery do? (For comparison the BB is ok at times but left off the charger for a day it's dead and my Ipod Touch is fine as long as I don't play games all the time otherwise when not in use the Touch holds a charge for days while when not in use the BB is usually on the charger) :-) Thanks.

beejay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 May 2010, 3:38 pm

I have a Motorola Droid on Verizon, and I really like it.

My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

beejay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 May 2010, 3:44 pm

I have a Motorola Droid on Verizon, and I really like it; the battery seems to be long-lasting, and you can always replace it, unlike anything from Apple.

My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 4:09 pm

My sister has an andorid, and she loves it.
I have a nokia e71. I really like it.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 4:12 pm

I have a Nokia N79. It does it's job fine.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 11:25 pm

I have an iPhone 3G and I keep hearing exciting things about Android (love the name of course :wink: )

I'd like to hear what users think about Android.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 11:31 pm

Ok,

I just watched this promotional video which seems to feature an HTC Android phone

http://phandroid.com/2010/05/05/2-cool- ... -4g-video/

I'm not sure if it's my Autism or my age (40z) but I felt quite dizzy watching it.

The phone is spinning and zooming in and out, I didn't really manage to get a proper look at the screen and there were messages popping up everywhere..............against a backdrop of some rock guitar 'music'............

Perhaps they are trying to appeal to a younger and or NT (most people are) audience :roll: :arrow:

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 1:42 am

My phone is a Samsung Jack, it isn't android. My mom just got an HTC Hero a few days ago so I haven't had much time to play with it. The battery life seems okay so far, but I'm not the best source. It is a cool phone though. I do have an android mp3 player (Archos 5 Internet Tablet-I have a thread with more info on it in computers and tech) and I LOVE it. It's life goes to low sort of quickly, but has never died on me. I say it goes quickly, but I do use it a heck of a lot and run a lot of programs on it. I don't really care to have an android phone right now since I have my mp3 player, but I would feel comfy with an android phone.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 11:05 am

Android phones that are running 2.1 are very good, and certainly a lot better than a BlackBerry. HTC phones with Sense UI are even better, and anything with a Snapdragon is very fast too.

The iPhone, even the 3GS, is behind hardware-wise at the moment. However, the next iPhone is expected to be announced in June and have performance enhancements - not only that, but a hack now exists that lets you dual boot the iPhone OS and Android on an iPhone, so you can have the best of both worlds there. It's currently in it's early alpha stages, but more developers have joined the project and things are moving along nicely at the moment.

If you don't like the iPhone, though, and want Android to be officially supported on the phone you buy, then do get the HTC - it's a million times better than any CrapBerry, and similar phones I've used (such as the HTC Desire) have good battery life too.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 11:26 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Android phones that are running 2.1 are very good, and certainly a lot better than a BlackBerry. HTC phones with Sense UI are even better, and anything with a Snapdragon is very fast too.

The iPhone, even the 3GS, is behind hardware-wise at the moment. However, the next iPhone is expected to be announced in June and have performance enhancements - not only that, but a hack now exists that lets you dual boot the iPhone OS and Android on an iPhone, so you can have the best of both worlds there. It's currently in it's early alpha stages, but more developers have joined the project and things are moving along nicely at the moment.

If you don't like the iPhone, though, and want Android to be officially supported on the phone you buy, then do get the HTC - it's a million times better than any CrapBerry, and similar phones I've used (such as the HTC Desire) have good battery life too.

Thanks alot Asp-Z the HTC EVO 4G has 2.1 (supposedly 2.2 firmware is coming out this summer which it can upgrade to) and Sense UI (not sure what that exactly means I'll see when I get the phone) and it has 1ghz Snapdragon (so I assume even on just 3G it'd be faster than my BB) Sounds AWESOME! Glad your HTC experience was good battery life. :-) Can't WAIT to hopefully get an HTC EVO 4G!! !! SO PSYCHED!! !! !

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 11:33 am

Nope.