Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jaguar69
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 May 2010, 2:35 pm

I have had 3 doctors testify with facts to my aspergers, disgraphia, adhd and general anxiety disorder. However even with all the evidence they will not give me any accommodations. Even worse they told us only 2 days before the AP world History test. I believe we shall sue. Has anyone else had problems with collage board.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 3:06 pm

Did you apply on time?

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 3:45 pm

I had that problem with my university, and trust me, that's a much bigger deal than those stupid little AP tests. There usually is not much you can do other than just take the test and hope to do well. If you don't, it's not a big deal; the AP World History exam is not usually a major thing.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 8:11 pm

My university needed the records to be like 2 years old... depends on the school & where you live I guess. But where I am its illegal for them to not give "reasonable accommodations".

V001
Toucan
Toucan

07 May 2010, 12:03 pm

Did you ask for more time, using a computer in a room alone ?
I was allowed to type a english test not write with a pen. And in a room alone. Than i handed the printout to a tester who secured the paper as proof i took the test.
Sounds like your Collage needs a office that deals with this full time and not a each person each time having to go full court with a board. You might be leading the way for others so they do not have to deal with this board that sound like they do not know much.

Arminius
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2010, 3:06 pm

I hate College Board, but that may be because this is AP exam time. I have handwriting problems, and my mother managed to get an accomodation for me. I am alowed to use a computer for the essays. She just joined Wrong Planet, and I have asked her to find this thread and give you advice. She said it was hard to do. I know how stressful College Board issues can be. An ADHD friend of mine got bored after her SAT, ripped a tiny piece of the top left corner off of her test booklet, and tore it up. The missing corner apparently constituted a security breach, so they cancelled her scores. She had to scramble to take it again in time for applying to colleges.

Hydrangea
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 May 2010, 12:56 pm

Our daughter got the accommodation for a keyboard. With this she has taken the AP exams and the SAT. I submitted her testing papers ( a psych report). She had also been assessed as 3rd grader by a center at our public school which did an "Assistive Technology Evaluation". I submitted this report as well as asked the AT people to assess her again and attest to the fact that her handwriting speed and production wasn't good enough for her to be able to put down quickly on a piece of paper what she knew. So we had 2 "handwritting analyses" one in 3rd grade and one in 10th. We submitted these in the end of 10th grade year will in advance of when she needed the accommodation. Finally, with this "official testing" stuff packet, I wrote a letter and explained in great detail that this was a child who sort of ended up bypassing handwriting, beginning to use a laptop for most writing assignments in 4th grade and becoming a very proficient typist by 6th grade. I just laid it out--sort of a history--of why we had decided that this was child who needed to type and not hand write.