Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 11:53 am

is there any tv show like this where u ...save ppl,hunting things ?:D im so obessed with it :lol:

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 2:38 pm

I like Supernatural aswell, fits my interest in myth and legends, my favourite character is the Trickster.

I don't really know of any simular tv shows exactly, but I know of some anime which are simular in theme, like Rental Magica and Bakemonogatari. Actually Rental Magica might be the more on topic, it involves 'magicians' be hired to take on tasks of dealing with ghosts to gods to basilisk, while Bakemonogatari is moew mystery and artistic.

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 3:56 pm

I've only seen a few eps of Supernatural - not a bad show from what I've seen. As for similar shows, I guess it could be compared to Angel. Angel (which was a spinoff from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) started out a bit patchy, but got progressively better after the first season. I recommend it. I also recommend Buffy the Vampire Slayer, though it had a somewhat different flavor (and also a patchy first season) and was less about rescue and more about using the fight against evil as a metaphor for the difficulties of life and becoming an adult. Both shows had a similar balance between light/dark, comedic/dramatic, silly/serious as Supernatural seems to be going for though. I'm pretty sure the creators/writers of Supernatural were/are quite a bit inspired by Buffy and Angel.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 6:10 pm

Vince wrote:
I've only seen a few eps of Supernatural - not a bad show from what I've seen. As for similar shows, I guess it could be compared to Angel. Angel (which was a spinoff from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) started out a bit patchy, but got progressively better after the first season. I recommend it. I also recommend Buffy the Vampire Slayer, though it had a somewhat different flavor (and also a patchy first season) and was less about rescue and more about using the fight against evil as a metaphor for the difficulties of life and becoming an adult. Both shows had a similar balance between light/dark, comedic/dramatic, silly/serious as Supernatural seems to be going for though. I'm pretty sure the creators/writers of Supernatural were/are quite a bit inspired by Buffy and Angel.
buffy used to be my favorite when i was kid :lol: <3

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 7:45 am

Vince wrote:

Supernatural's main influences are The X-Files, Route 66 and the original Nightstalker.

It's awesome show, although I don't think the current series has been has good as seasons 2 & 4, bit of an anti-climax in comparison.

That said can't wait to watch the finale tomorrow.

http://www.facebook.com/YentonianCarlos