What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 416 of 498 [ 7964 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 413, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419 ... 498  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 10:42 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
"infobesity" :study:

Information overload.

that is my waking state.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 7:30 pm

lately the lions' share of my dreams have just been a melange of my history and current events.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 2:59 am

i dreamt i was a teenager again but in a different time and place. a few years earlier than what was the case for me, i was of age in what looked like the late 60s around 1969-1970 judging by the surroundings. i looked in the dream how i looked in real life, dressed in all black with a black stocking cap and long shoulder-length hair. i was in a city by the beach, reminiscent of sunset boulevard towards the beach terminus.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 8:34 am

I had a really creepy dream last night.

I dreamt that my mom and I were investigators who looked for missing children and tried to solve cases. (I actually work with my mom but the work isn’t that interesting. Lol) We were mostly looking for bodies, and there was never any hope of finding the child alive. In the dream, we found the remains of two little girls. It was a depressing but almost routine part of the job.

When we were in this secluded area near a sinister looking house looking for yet another child, I thought I saw what could be a corpse on the ground and saw turquoise beads which I knew that the girl had been wearing when she was last seen alive, but as I was walking towards the body, this evil sense of foreboding swept over me, and I said, “We need to leave!”

So we rushed to the car and backed away because there wasn’t room to turn around. As we were backing up on an old covered bridge (which isn’t easy to do), I saw the ghost of a little girl following us. She had long blonde hair and was wearing a cream colored dress or nightgown. It was all very vivid. Then I woke up.

Creepy and weird!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 10:16 am

interesting. ^
They say that "everyone in a dream is really you".

Maybe the slain little girl and her ghost are really you, and you're running from yourself, or confronting yourself, in some sense.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 1:02 pm

Long time no see!

For the last month I rarely ever remembered my dreams, but tonight I got an interesting one.

I dreamt that there was a public warning that my city would be attacked soon by a missile. I kept running back into my flat to gather important stuff. My house also looked completely different than it does in real life. Then I tried to flee but saw the missile fall in the distance. In the dream I thought I was about to die but the blast stopped just barely in front of me so I was unhurt.

In a second part of the dream, a friend of mine played a part. He was the same guy but I dreamt that I met him for the first time and he had a really large luxurious apartment.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 2:20 pm

Had a fun dream.

It was some kind of huge party at a rented venue, like an office party for a crowd that was basically a combination of the folks at my job, and the population of Wrong Planet. Two very different groups.

Lots of music. I would jump to the deejay table and put on a selection - old school funk- Earth Wind and Fire, Dianna Ross, Marvin Gaye.

Then I would go back to the dance floor and join a young lady who was rather pale and Celtic looking (red hair blue eyes) who was composite of more than one WP person (and how I imagine they look) while a pair of Black guys from work looked on with fascination and awe at my coolness. The girl would protest that she was too autistic to do this and that, but I would coach her in how to recognize the pattern of beats of the music in order to do the basic steps of hand jive dancing, and so forth. No romantic or sexual vibe. Just having a good time on the dance floor.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 11:00 pm

^^^interesting how the dream was a melange of the two most frequently visited places :alien:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 4:32 pm

That IS interesting.

The two communities that I most involved with.

Not sure what to make of it though.

Had a good day at work the day before that dream. Positive energy from folks. To make a long story short.

In contrast
was a LONG day (long work day, and had to have dental surgery after it). Got some unflattering, shall we say, push back from a couple people. But did have a kinda insight about something as well.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 1:47 am

naturalplastic wrote:
That IS interesting. The two communities that I most involved with. Not sure what to make of it though. Had a good day at work the day before that dream. Positive energy from folks. To make a long story short.
In contrast was a LONG day (long work day, and had to have dental surgery after it). Got some unflattering, shall we say, push back from a couple people. But did have a kinda insight about something as well.

would like to hear more about the pushback and the why of it as well as your insights. :study:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 6:43 am

For Blabby in particular:
I dreamed that you made a post to this thread but it was written on a big, round blue sticker on my laptop screen. It looked like the discount stickers on hardcover books. You wrote:

"My cousin wanted her basement to look like a pharaoh's tomb but she has PTSD, so she had to hire 67 different painters".

I was trying to pull the sticker off without hurting my screen. People were confused why she needed 67 different painters but I understood it was because she didn't trust anyone, or want each painter to get to know her.

:roll: :farao:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 7:22 am

I can't put some dreams as they are very much prophetic, but here is one. I had some sort of monster in my dream running after me through some sort of tunnel effect of marshmallowness? Not sure. I aas running for it and this big moster grabbed me and tjree times was calling my name, shaking me up and down. I woke up and almost screamed (If I could scream as my voice no loger hits those notes since I became an adult). My mum had grabbed me. I think I was late for work or something!

Another time...
Well. I was worried as I had a really tough shift to do the next day. I was mentally preparing myself for it. I was to work a buzy train all the way up to Cardiff stopping at every stop, then a break, then do the last Maesteg train and back, and then after anotjer break the last of our trains back to Carmarthen which involved trying to work quick through many drunks (Or just tired people who would say "We've had our tickets checked (Was a long distance train I took over)) who didn't do quick... As I had to tell the driver where to stop as it was a drop off only train.

Now I drove to work and started the shift. Worked my way through the shift while half asleep due to fatigue... Eventually finished the shift while cashing up and then somehow driving home (Which often due to fatigue the 17 mile trip home I would hardly remember doing) and climbed into bed to fall asleep relieved... Or so I thought.. Then I woke up. It had all been a dream and worse still I had to do the whole shift again from start to finish... I was exhausted after dreaming it never mind doing it all afterwards! By the time I got back home I was so, so tired I could have slept for a month and not noticed!

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 1:35 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I dreamed that you made a post to this thread but it was written on a big, round blue sticker on my laptop screen. It looked like the discount stickers on hardcover books. You wrote:

"My cousin wanted her basement to look like a pharaoh's tomb but she has PTSD, so she had to hire 67 different painters".

I was trying to pull the sticker off without hurting my screen. People were confused why she needed 67 different painters but I understood it was because she didn't trust anyone, or want each painter to get to know her.

Well, you're a remarkable person, it's exceedingly rare to be able to read in your dreams. What were you reading before you went to sleep?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 2:24 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Well, you're a remarkable person, it's exceedingly rare to be able to read in your dreams. What were you reading before you went to sleep?

I read in my dreams all the time. I also write essays, novels and poetry in my sleep (it's coherent, and I see my hands type). I even composed a thesis in my sleep. I had a long chat about this with NaturalPlastic once. It's likely in this thread or the other dream thread, somewhere.

Before I went to sleep I was reading about Emily Brontë, so it was unrelated. The only connection I can think of, is that I talked to Ezra about cousins.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 2:57 pm

That could have been it, we tend to recall things we write because it's a much more intensive process the brain must go through to encode the information. If you want to remember something, it's a good idea to write it down and in doing so your brain will process that information when you sleep, strengthening the connection of the memory if it is deemed important and it may even have a chance to be a part of your dream.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 2:58 pm

What about that guy... He drempt he was eating a giant marsh mallow. When he woke up his pillow had gone.