What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 417 of 496 [ 7934 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420 ... 496  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 4:28 pm

auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
That IS interesting. The two communities that I most involved with. Not sure what to make of it though. Had a good day at work the day before that dream. Positive energy from folks. To make a long story short.
In contrast was a LONG day (long work day, and had to have dental surgery after it). Got some unflattering, shall we say, push back from a couple people. But did have a kinda insight about something as well.

would like to hear more about the pushback and the why of it as well as your insights. :study:

Funny you asked. I was thinking about this very thing. Just as I clocked out from work today I had a "complex social moment" that I regret not handling well. Missed a chance to bond with two guys. One superviser guy started to ask me about my upcoming radio show, and the other seated nearby looked up with curiousity. I kinda wimped out and said "I was still figuring it out" and kinda left abruptly. Like the shy aspie schoolkid I used to be -always afraid that folks are gonna like bully me or something. Not really a big deal, just wished I had given some thumb nail sketch of the ideas I was kicking around like "I might do a prison theme- comedy about prisons, because Micheal Cohen and so many other Trump associates- are now doing time." Like that. Lost an opportunity to further bond with two folks that I already get along with on the job. Oh well.

Yeah- about what we were talking about above.
In the real life thing of that second day- the high ranking superviser was clocking us all out at the end of a long work day in a big store we doing inventory in. A greenhorn middle aged lady was having an argument with him while I waited to get official clocked out. She was gone. He said to "whew...she was yelling at ME for HER being late". So I said to him "the best of us are sometimes late, me for example..". He informed me that I was "not the best..not a good example...you're known for being late often" and like that. Set myself up to be knocked down like a bowling pin so to speak Anyway I thought about on the way home. Wondered why it is that's hard for me to be ontime. There isn't any one reason. But one reason is that in all of my previous jobs (and school for that matter) I am used to arriving at the same place at the same time. The drug store I used to work at - you just had an early shift and a late shift- 9am and 1pm respectively. You just go to the same damned place every day, and do so at the same damned time every day (or one of two same times every day) But on this job even the shfts start at slightly different times (you could start at six am one day, and seven the next, five the day after). And its always a different location. We go into retail stores and count their inventory. Takes a lot of homework just figure out where you're going the next morning, and you haft read the fine print of your schedule and remember the exact different time each day.

So it occurred to me that after 15 years on the job Im still not used to that peculiarity of the job. The reason that that was insightful was that I happened to be having a running debate with another person on the job. The other person is a lady who has been working there for the same length of time I have. Over fifteen years. I was appalled that she still gets emotional about a certain minor thing that I haven't given a second thought to in fifteen years. So it occurred to me that everyone has their thing- their weak spot. I haven't gotten used to carefully reading my weekly work schedule, and she hasn't gotten used that other thing. So maybe I should be so judgemental about her.

The thing this lady does has to do with the customers in the stores we count. She gets surprised, and even emotional, that customers mistake us for store associates and ask us questions. Way back in the ancient days when we both started working for this inventory company- I would get customers talking to me and immediately reasoned that "they see me here, working IN the store, so naturally they are gonna think that I work FOR the store". So in the first few weeks on the job I learned to expect that from customers, and just take it in stride, and I evolved a formula for dealing with them (Sorry. I work for an outside company that counts their inventory so I don't really know if they have Nivea cream or not, but if they did it would be the next aisle over on the health and beauty aisle). And the customers apologize and go away. Problem solved. On to the next challenge.

After fifteen years this lady coworker still gets emotional about customers bothering her (I haven't given it a second thought in 14.99 years. Lol!).

BUT...someone could point out that I still don't read my work schedule carefully enough even after the same fifteen years time. So I cant judge her so harshly. And do know that this lady has difficulties in her life. So I guess we all need to be a little less judgemental.

Don't know if any of that makes any sense to an outsider. Lol1

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 10:37 pm

^^^makes perfect sense to me. :idea:

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 12:18 pm

Whilst we're on the subject of reading and/or text in dreams, personally whenever words show up in mine it's almost always a bad thing.

Examples: "Stop" "Trap door" "You need to leave, here's the exit" "Obstacle course" "What are you doing?" "You have died" "Game over" "Your lot has set on fire" "Wrong way".

I remember one dream in particular where I sat down to take an exam, but the words kept changing language. Everything on the page was quickly flashing between French, Spanish, Chinese, German, Arabic etc. but I could only understand it when it changed to English. Unfortunately, it didn't stay on English and kept flicking between randomly chosen languages. At one point it was just nonsensical symbols. Maybe hieroglyphics? Or perhaps the wingdings font. It was too quick to tell.

Sometimes in my dreams I'll rest my head on a book or close it...only for the contents to fall out. The letters, numbers, and diagrams will flow onto the floor like water and spew everywhere.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 2:25 pm

I need a washer / dryer for my new house & so I dreamt that there was some mythical third appliance in between those two things that I couldn't find.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2019, 10:47 am

I dreamed some guy, possibly from Uzbekistan, drove off with my car. I had to chase him to get it back and pull him out of the car.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2019, 10:20 pm

i had a hot mess of a dream so chock full of random images and scenarios, that i had to pick out a few that i could remember upon waking, too much to write down otherwise. what i was able to capture, was a scene with me in the hospital L&D unit i used to work for, in the old building rather than the new one [we moved out of the old WW2-era hospital in march of '92], somebody gave the delivery rooms the luxury treatment with gold and crystal fixtures, a fancy black marble floor, large blond-stained mahogany doors with gold door panels and hinges.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 May 2019, 2:13 am

An anorectic snake.
Quite twine-like.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2019, 3:18 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
For Blabby in particular: I dreamed that you made a post to this thread but it was written on a big, round blue sticker on my laptop screen. It looked like the discount stickers on hardcover books. You wrote:
"My cousin wanted her basement to look like a pharaoh's tomb but she has PTSD, so she had to hire 67 different painters". I was trying to pull the sticker off without hurting my screen. People were confused why she needed 67 different painters but I understood it was because she didn't trust anyone, or want each painter to get to know her.
:roll: :farao:

that sounds like one of the kindsa dreams i get that are so complicated that i cannot transcribe them all. :o

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2019, 6:29 am

I rarely have bad dreams. Last night in what felt like a single long dream, four strangers who had no association to each other died and with two jumping to their deaths. The last one jumped from 36 stories up. He was the owner of the building. I was in that building on the 36th floor with someone who was also autistic (my friend in the dream, but no one I know in real life) and we were standing near something like an elevator shaft. If you peered over you could see all the way to the bottom.

The owner of the building walked up and sat on the edge of the shaft looking down. My friend and I were about ten feet away from him and told him he shouldn't sit near the edge. He never said a word and just kept looking down. Then he pushed off with his hands and disappeared. We went quickly to the edge and peered over, seeing him fall. Before he hit the bottom of the shaft, I looked away.

Neither my friend nor I made a connection that the man was going to kill himself. :(

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2019, 6:43 am

Anyone had tsunami dreams?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 4:20 am

i had a type of flooding dream at least once, but not recently.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2019, 5:22 am

i'm overdue for another one, had vivid ones last night but they frustratingly evaporated in the light of day. :|

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 8:02 am

I dreamt that I was looking at a children's book. In the book, the parents were paranoid about their children being autistic. When the child had a friend over, they saw little, unrelated things as possible signs of autism. As if they were worried their children would "catch" autism. :roll: :lol:

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 9:22 am

Another dream about cats-I think the cat/pet video channel I was watching got into my head.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2019, 7:35 am

i dreamt i was on the sunset beach off the strip [california] with the crew of the 1980s "Tonight Show" - i'm guessing it was indeed the 1980s even though i saw today's version of Jay Leno. it was after sunset and the lights of LA were in front of us as we walked along the Pacific, and one crew member was holding a tame mountain lion which seemed impossibly big and bulky, it was purring as he scratched around its ears and jowls with one hand, the mountain lion/cougar hanging on with its paws around the back of the man's shoulders. then the man put the cougar down on the sand, the cougar wasn't having that and first meowed in a baritone voice then shrieked like cougars do when alarmed, then stood up on its haunches in a "dancing lion" or begging pose with its paws bent forward in front of him, a "treat stare" on its face. then some other cougars in a procession all adopted the same begging pose, they sorta looked a bit like those stone monoliths on rapa nui [can't remember the western name of that place].

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2019, 7:48 am

auntblabby wrote:
i dreamt i was on the sunset beach off the strip [california] with the crew of the 1980s "Tonight Show" - i'm guessing it was indeed the 1980s even though i saw today's version of Jay Leno. it was after sunset and the lights of LA were in front of us as we walked along the Pacific, and one crew member was holding a tame mountain lion which seemed impossibly big and bulky, it was purring as he scratched around its ears and jowls with one hand, the mountain lion/cougar hanging on with its paws around the back of the man's shoulders. then the man put the cougar down on the sand, the cougar wasn't having that and first meowed in a baritone voice then shrieked like cougars do when alarmed, then stood up on its haunches in a "dancing lion" or begging pose with its paws bent forward in front of him, a "treat stare" on its face. then some other cougars in a procession all adopted the same begging pose, they sorta looked a bit like those stone monoliths on rapa nui [can't remember the western name of that place].

https://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictiona ... -attacking

I can't find what dancing lions symbolize in dreams. :scratch:

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.