What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 451 of 498 [ 7964 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454 ... 498  Next

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2020, 2:44 pm

I had a tiny part as a dog or something similar in a play being put on on a vertiginous cavern of an opera house, but I never actually got to go on stage because war broke out between two rival clans of stage magicians. I can't remember the details of the magic-off, except that it was pretty spectacular if oddly pastel in colour scheme, and that all the patter was in iambic pentameter. Or at least what my dreaming mind thought was iambic pentameter. I have my doubts about how well it scanned. The slow movement from Borodin's 1st Symphony was playing throughout- the tune stayed in my head long enough after I woke up for me to find the CD and confirm that's what it was.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2020, 8:49 am

i dreamt i was in the hospital [a worker and not a patient], and standing near the elevators. one elevator would open up and i'd hop in, and it would race to the top or the bottom. i wanted to go down to the front lobby exit so i could go home, but instead it went to the top floor and stuck there. something possessed me to pull out of my bag, a jar of cheese whiz, smear some on the buttons then it would let me go downstairs, and sure enough it worked! but i only went down half the way, then the doors opened and a wall moved to shove me out of the elevator before it went elsewhere. i waited in the third floor lobby for any elevator to return, and after an interminable wait one stopped and opened its door, i entered only to find it was loaded with cooked beef in various guises. i grabbed some then the wall shoved me out again, so i waited yet again for another ride, and after a minute another elevator showed up, doors opened, more cooked beef, then i awoke.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2020, 6:00 pm

I had a rather abstract dream last night.

In the dream, I had a series of boxes in which each box was contained in the next largest box. Inside the smallest box was an apple.

So in the dream, I would delete the outer box and then would see the next box. I'd continue this until I got to the smallest box, but when I deleted the smallest box, the apple was never there.

I did this all kinds of ways. Bigger series of boxes. different boxes, colored boxes, changing the timing of deleting the boxes, having someone else help, ..., but deleting the smallest box never left me with the apple it contained.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 11:09 pm

a short dream during a nap was me and somebody else as children, in some future time, discussing life in poverty [we were in a slum] and seeing rich people off in the distance in their gleaming clothing and cars and homes living on easy street. then it started to rain hard, and in this future the rich had technology that deflected the rain off them, and some rich lady [she looked and sounded a LOT like Nurse Ratched from "one flew over the cuckoo's nest"] dressed in dark overcoat-like garment motioned me and my friend to come over to her to get out of the rain, we all stood there in the rain together with the rich lady's anti-rain technology shielding us from wetness, she asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. then i awoke.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2020, 9:01 am

I dreamed I was trapped in the key of E flat minor. I should probably put the piano away for a bit.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2020, 10:48 am

My two friends and I were sitting on the bench looking out at the ocean. We were talking about Covid-19 and how the world will never be the same. I said, "I guess that Corona is the end of this world. At least we will never see the sea levels rise."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2020, 7:42 pm

^^^that is a very astute dream.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2020, 6:31 pm

I just dreamt of a total solar eclipse, in a cloudy sky, i will have to see what that is all about. i was in my folks' old house that i grew up in, all by myself, it was about 7:30 PM, rainy and gray outside, in the middle of a house check to make sure all the windows were shut for the evening, i looked outside and the darkness lit up, revealing a hazy gray cloudy sky and in the middle of the clouds there appeared a monochromatic sun in a most unusual place in the sky, in its morning position, and the moon eclipsed it and it stayed more or less eclipsed the entire dream. i thought in the dream, "hmmmm... that is interesting..." and i went to the front living room window to close the curtains and windows, looked outside and the sun showed up in its regular evening position still eclipsed.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 6:13 pm

i dreamt my mom and dad were alive and very young.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 9:37 am

Just now dreamt that I was still working for the family owned party deejay company that I worked for, but went out of business a couple years ago after decades.

I was on "desk duty" so to speak, not deejaying, but at the office at the owner's home, as back up and to do scut work. And I was doing some kinda task snapping plastic things together- somekind of dj equipment. While doing this the husband and wife owners of the company got into a really heavy conversation, about the nation, and society, and they talked about the movie "it's a Wonderful Life", and what it represented about community. ThoughIRL my boss was into movies, as well being an expert on pop music, he didnt usually get that heavy in conversation. But whatever. It was an interesting conversation to over hear.

I awoke just now, and found myself in a chair, and I realized that had fallen asleep in front of cable TV news, and that my coworkers in my dream had all been "lip syncing" to the pundits on TV. The wife of the boss had been spouting words spoken by Doris Kearns Goodwin, the boss to the male commentators. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2020, 3:04 am

i dreamt i was in my tin can, along with my sister and her hubby. the side windows were warped and separated from their frames on top, letting in the outside elements and rain. it was bright cloudy outside, in early winter. there was a large brown bear outside looking inside one of the windows, i felt no fear, i thought it was prolly curious about indoor life. then i awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2020, 12:10 am

i dreamt i was in some other person's house in a large bathroom. it was gently lit with hidden lighting, the soft warm light washed from above the sink and toilet and shower. at the sink i noticed a vivid yellow flying insect but not of this world, like an extra-terrestrial butterfly, but more compact, moth-like and more economical of movement. it disturbed me and i just happened to have a bottle of bug spray with me, i gave it a spray, it flew away towards the shower where i cut loose on it with the spray, only thing is the spray didn't kill it but made it swell up into a grotesque jelly-like greenish-yellow blob creature with wings, and it vibrated a bit as it flew around, its translucent shiny skin looking sickening in the light like a giant blob of infectious mucus. it had little beady black eyes and eye brows like a human, a W.C. Fields-esque pink nose.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 3:40 am

I had a dream during my Christmas day nap in which I was travelling through alternate realities. Sometimes I was there for a few seconds before moving on and sometimes for quite a while. In most alternate realities I was in a high rise apartment with a big window and a great view of the outside. In each alternate reality, the skyline would change and the weather would vary. Also, the contents and decoration of the apartment would change. Only one alternate reality had Internet. That alternate reality was also the only one with televisions, but they showed nothing but exercise shows.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2021, 3:23 am

i dreamt i was in my old bedroom in my late parents' house, and on the floor and zipping through the air were black beetle bees and lime green wasps. thankfully they didn't make any noise. then i was out on the roadway following a blocky gray 70s american sedan, whose driver was a passive-aggressive jerk driving 10 or more miles under the posted speed limit and swerving back and forth to keep people from passing him, but several did, leaving scrapes on the gray car.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2021, 3:55 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i dreamt i was in my old bedroom in my late parents' house, and on the floor and zipping through the air were black beetle bees and lime green wasps. thankfully they didn't make any noise. then i was out on the roadway following a blocky gray 70s american sedan, whose driver was a passive-aggressive jerk driving 10 or more miles under the posted speed limit and swerving back and forth to keep people from passing him, but several did, leaving scrapes on the gray car.

Hmmm. I usually drive 10 or more miles per hour under the posted speed limit, but my car isn't gray and I don't swerve to keep people from passing me. So it is safe to say that you weren't dreaming about me. :)

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2021, 11:49 pm

I had a rather odd dream during a nap this afternoon.

In the dream, an Arab Sheik moved down the road from me with a large harem. It turned out that he was gay and only kept the harem to keep up appearances. So I started sneaking into the harem to party with the women whenever he jetted off to San Francisco to party with the boys. Good times were had by all.