What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 464 of 496 [ 7933 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 461, 462, 463, 464, 465, 466, 467 ... 496  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2021, 11:27 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
damned infernal phones. ;)

It was 1 pm. How dare they?!

i'm a newbie to cell phones, does airplane mode silence the ringing?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2021, 11:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
damned infernal phones. ;)

It was 1 pm. How dare they?!

i'm a newbie to cell phones, does airplane mode silence the ringing?

I keep my landline shut off when I sleep, and my iPhone is set to "Do Not Disturb" until noon.

I'll have to change that. :?

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 2:50 pm

I had a strange dream in which I pulled up to the back door of my office, got out of the car, and there was an old gentlemen sitting in a chair at a table by the back door and holding an enormous syringe. He looked like Colonel Sanders and was wearing a white suit.

The conversation went something like this:

Him: You have to be vaccinated to enter.
Me: I've been vaccinated.
Him: That's what everyone says.
Me: I have the card.
Him: What card?
Me. A card that says I've been vaccinated.
Him: Let's see it.
I take the card out of my wallet and hand it to him. He looks over it pointing with the syringe with vaccine dripping onto the card.
Him: This is a movie ticket.
I look and sure enough -- it is a movie ticket to The Sound of Music which I saw when it was released.
I dig around some more and find the card and hand it to him. He looks all over it and can't make any sense out of it.
Him: Are you Dr ****?
Me: No. That's who was in charge of the vaccinations here.
Him: This card is for Dr ****.
Me: No. It's my vaccine card. He signed it.

About that time, some young woman and her kids walk out the door. He tells them they have to be vaccinated to come out and they comply. I noticed a bunch of those little round bandaids on their arms.

Than a kid walks up carrying a dog and asks him to vaccinate the dog. He then vaccinates the dog which tries to bite him. He didn't like that. All the time, he's using the same syringe.

He then turns to me.
Him: Roll up your sleeve.
Me: Nope.
He then takes my hat off my head.
Him: What's this?
Me: That's my hat.
Him: Are you sure?
Me: Yep.
I grab my hat and put it back on my head.

I then decide to leave. I turned toward the car.
Him: Where do you think you're going?
Me: I'm going to leave. Are you happy.
Him: You have to be vaccinated to leave.
Me: I've been vaccinated.
Him: Sure you were. At the movie theater watching The Sound of Music. Right.

We argued some more and I woke up.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 3:02 pm

I became aware of getting ready for a wedding.  Someone said, "Hurry up, your majesty!"

I looked in a mirror and saw a middle-aged Asian woman looking back.

She was wearing a sparkly crown and royal robes.

Then a horde of Japanese samurai rushed in and attacked me with their swords.

Then I woke up.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 7:04 pm

i dreamt i was in some kind of military naval service, on a battleship-gray PT-type of boat that was docked, everybody had pale white skin and identically coal-black thick hair, of varying lengths. there was one female sailor wearing a dress uniform, all white, who looked just like the late amy winehouse. she restyled my hair into something resembling a beehive of the 60s, i did not care for it. i was worried the protocol officer would charge me with a dress code violation.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 8:05 pm

i think that was the first navy dream i've had.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 6:33 am

I dreamed I was in an underground flea market (thrift store) with my partner.

We were browsing, and suddenly a person that appeared to be me (but with some features that were "OFF") approached. When I got closer, she looked like a really bad tattoo, wiggly lines around her edges. The colors were not right. She had blonde hair (my hair is black) and was wearing clothes that I wouldn't wear. She was more masculine than I ever have been. She started hugging on my partner like they knew each other intimately, and I got very upset and defensive as a result.

I got her to leave us alone, but we were soon approached by another "tattoo" version of me. She was grayscale, dirty, and her lines were fading. She wasn't nearly as clingy with my partner, but I was still upset by her presence and knew that they had a history.

Finally, a very shiny, glowing "tattoo" version of me approached. She was gorgeous (not something I consider myself) and feminine. Wearing vibrant purples that seemed to glitter, shift, and vibrate. I don't think my partner knew her yet, but I felt that her presence would "outshine" mine-- and that I had no chance of keeping my partner's attention

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 5:29 am

i dreamt i went to a bank intending to deposit money but somehow got distracted and went outside to chat with an acquaintance. i dropped my moneybag on a bench next to me as we chatted. then i went home and forgot the moneybag but didn't realize it until my mom took one of my pants with a torn belt loop and was about to repair it, she was asking about how she should do the repair, then all of a sudden the memory of the moneybag overpowered my thinking and i couldn't comprehend a word mom was saying to me, i was full of dread at losing that much money.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 9:15 am

I dreamt I was sleeping or groggy. My daughter and my nephew snuck into my room to rummage through some of my literary papers and artefacts so they could find a particular emblem. I wasn't sure what was going on because I was pretending to be asleep, but I realised they were going to get tattoos. They were taking the insignia so the tattoo artist could design a tattoo for me, and they were going to surprise me by taking me for the tattoo when this design was ready. I was trying to decide how to tell them I did NOT want a tattoo, and I didn't really want my daughter to get one either.

Then I was suddenly in a park that I visited the day I got pregnant with my daughter. There were two adolescent red-head boys. I was so excited to be back to the park I was turning somersaults on the grass and exclaiming how happy I was to see the lake. The boys held back and were climbing on top of our van for fun.

The boys eventually decided to go swimming at the public pool and they dove in. A little blonde girl about 6 years old was watching them and she accidentally leaned against a button on the wall which exploded a small lightbulb at the bottom of the pool. One of the boys was electrocuted in the water. Somehow I could see him perfectly like I was in the water with him, or maybe it was like an aquarium where you watch polar bears through a glass wall. The boy had blood in his eyes and he was jerking around in painful contortions near a corner of the pool at the bottom.

Then I was back home and cleaning out my garage. A plastic bag broke and there were scraps of black construction paper which I realised were leftover from my childhood when I cut out Halloween decorations. These were the edge bits from when I had cut out witch's hats or black cats in the paper. They cut falling out of the bag and I had to sweep them up. Then it dawned on me I would need to notify the redhead boy's family that he was electrocuted in the pool, but I couldn't remember what his name was or how I knew him. I felt really ashamed about that, and broken-hearted for his parents.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 9:16 am

Mixture of lost and starting a task that cannot be completed.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 9:48 am

"All ahead full".  The order was made in my voice as I became aware of being seated in front of a display, which was full of bright points of light streaming past (stars?).  All around me I could hear voices just below the level of understanding.  Except for the display and its contents, there was nothing else to see, because everything else was dark.

Then I woke up.

(Note: It is strange how my dreams always seem to start with me "becoming aware" of my surroundings as if the dream had already been going on for some time, and that I had just "tuned in to the program".  There is never a full story, just a short scene or snippet of activity -- nothing more.)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 1:54 am

^^^very interesting you should bring that up as i have long thought that we "tune into" our dreams from whatever place they originate from, so rather than us making a dream happen, IOW i think there is something always running in the background rather like a 24-hour tv station that we can tune into, many different channels in fact.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 10:58 am

I was going on a long, overnight car trip with my mother. I realised I hadn't packed anything to sleep in, my meds and sleep stim things, or clothes for the next day. I pulled to the side of the road and found my wardrobe just standing there in a field. I was digging through the drawers trying to find a nightshirt.

There was a lot more about my mother but I can't remember.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 11:05 am

I have lots of weird dreams. Not as crazy and violent as younger years though, which resembled apocalyptic video games and horror movies. More peaceful nowadays. Oh yeah lots of sex dreams too. Those are the best. Sadly, not as common occurrence as younger years though.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 6:33 am

i dreamt i was with my sister in some eden-like spot, with lots of gardens and greenery, the sky was blue with patchy clouds. suddenly we saw a huge metallic military plane stop in mid-air, about 300 feet above us, and me and sis wondered aloud, "is he gonna bomb us?!" then as soon as those words left our lips, the airplane released from its wings, one white dove, that ever so slowly wafted away from the plane, and as the dove started slowly flapping its wings, me and sis ascended up to the airplane, in mid-air, and we met the dove, who glanced at us and then flapped away. we were in awe that we were just floating in mid-air, the air had a balmy feel about it, even though the sun was partly behind a cloud. a family friend floated by us, he had been ailing and was in a hospital gown and black overcoat, his hair had just been trimmed, i asked him what he thought about this situation, he shrugged his shoulders slightly, with a wan smile, and floated by me.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 6:02 pm

I dreamed that Christina Aguilera was moonlighting as a plumber in Brazil. (I have only the haziest idea of who Christina Aguilera is.)