What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 468 of 496 [ 7934 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 465, 466, 467, 468, 469, 470, 471 ... 496  Next

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 4:38 pm

Recent dream, I woke up because a outside layer of my crown popped off. The crown was still mostly intact, just a layer popped off. I got up, went to bathroom mirror and popped it back on. Then went back to bed. I thought it was real for three weeks, thinking it was going to pop off again and I needed to make a dentist appt.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 2:58 am

Had a dream I was watching an episode of The Simpsons where Dr. Hibbert was planning to get all the kids in Springfield vaccinated for smallpox and Lisa was very happy and positive about it as she, Bart and Maggie had already gotten their vaccines, but other the kids were not happy and said that getting previous vaccines gave them all kinds of problems. One kid had weird multicolored bumps all over her hands and she claimed it was a reaction from a different vaccine. Lisa argued that vaccines didn't cause such problems and that's all I remember.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 4:10 pm

I dreamed I was a ghost!

In the dream, I built a ridiculously large cistern next to the house to store drinking water and to use as a heat sink for a heat pump.

It was 100 feet wide by 100 feet long by 300 feet deep - enough to hold about 24 million gallons of water. It had a permeable roof above with ten feet of sand so that rain water could filter through the sand and drip into the cistern. The roof could hold some extra weight, but not a huge amount.

It was a thousand years in the future and the farm was gone, but over 1,000 years enough water filtered through the sand to fill up the cistern, but there was no record of the cistern ever being there. Someone was driving a piece of heavy machinery across the top and the roof was starting to fail.

So I appeared in the cab, an old cowboy from a thousand years before in boots, levis, belt, pearl button shirt, bolo tie, and my cowboy hat. It scared the driver badly.

I then screamed at him in what was to him a very ancient English, "Get out now and run for your life or you're dead." That really scared him and he jumped out and ran for his life.

When he was about 25 feet away and still above the cistern, the roof started to buckle. He made it to safety to the side of the cistern just in time to turn around and see the heavy machinery crash through the roof of the cistern and sink beneath the water. He could also see me sitting on a ghost horse on the other side of the cistern shaking my head at someone who would drive heavy machinery over a 300 foot deep pool of water.

I then faded away as I rode off into the sunset (I probably watched too many westerns as a kid).

I did miscalculate in my dream the total number of gallons the cistern could hold. I was thinking 8 gallons per cubic foot, but it is actually close to 7.48 gallons per cubic foot. So instead of 24 million gallons, 21.5 million gallons would have been more accurate. Not that it mattered, though.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 9:05 pm

I had lots and lots of dreams and remembered quite a few, but now I only remember one.

It was about my doctor again. She seems to be a recurring character in my dreams, maybe because I've known her since childhood and I interact with few people apart from medical professionals.

In my dream she was still a doctor, but she had started a night job serving coffee to the administrative staff at my former workplace. I was surprised to find myself there, and even more surprised that she was busting her arse at a low-paying job by taking coffee orders and carrying a serving tray. She looked so tired in her waitress outfit. My doctor has a successful husband and two little girls at home, so I felt very sorry for her and wanted to ask what was going on.

In the office there was a stairway which led down to a greasy-spoon kitchen where she poured the coffee. Every time I tried to talk to her, she had gone back downstairs. I decided not to order any coffee so she could take a break, but I also wanted to pay her a hefty tip on behalf of the secretaries who seemed oblivious to her plight. I tried to get coins out of my change-purse but the zipper was broken. Then I remembered I had a billfold of cash in my coat pocket but she kept disappearing down the stairs. At the end of my dream I handed the notes to my former secretary who said she'd pass them along for me, but I wasn't sure if I should trust her.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 4:29 am

i dreamt my doll told me that i should not put people on a pedestal, they are just mere mortal humans and very likely to just be disappointing.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 7:21 am

kokopelli wrote:
I dreamed I was a ghost!

In the dream, I built a ridiculously large cistern next to the house to store drinking water and to use as a heat sink for a heat pump.

It was 100 feet wide by 100 feet long by 300 feet deep - enough to hold about 24 million gallons of water. It had a permeable roof above with ten feet of sand so that rain water could filter through the sand and drip into the cistern. The roof could hold some extra weight, but not a huge amount.

It was a thousand years in the future and the farm was gone, but over 1,000 years enough water filtered through the sand to fill up the cistern, but there was no record of the cistern ever being there. Someone was driving a piece of heavy machinery across the top and the roof was starting to fail.

So I appeared in the cab, an old cowboy from a thousand years before in boots, levis, belt, pearl button shirt, bolo tie, and my cowboy hat. It scared the driver badly.

I then screamed at him in what was to him a very ancient English, "Get out now and run for your life or you're dead." That really scared him and he jumped out and ran for his life.

When he was about 25 feet away and still above the cistern, the roof started to buckle. He made it to safety to the side of the cistern just in time to turn around and see the heavy machinery crash through the roof of the cistern and sink beneath the water. He could also see me sitting on a ghost horse on the other side of the cistern shaking my head at someone who would drive heavy machinery over a 300 foot deep pool of water.

I then faded away as I rode off into the sunset (I probably watched too many westerns as a kid).

I did miscalculate in my dream the total number of gallons the cistern could hold. I was thinking 8 gallons per cubic foot, but it is actually close to 7.48 gallons per cubic foot. So instead of 24 million gallons, 21.5 million gallons would have been more accurate. Not that it mattered, though.

Dude...I dont recall EVER trying to do math calculations in a dream. So I am amazed that you could get it that close, and that you could do that much engineering in your sleep. Carl Sagan reported that he couldnt even read pages of a book in a dream. :lol:

After you saved the guy's life you shoulda...added that he "better change your ways", so that he doesnt join you in chasing the Devil's cattle. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2022, 1:30 am

dreamt i was at the nurses' station at work and the women were being catty about the men in their lives. i was in the middle of them but was invisible.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 9:15 am

i was in a deep space station out near the orbit of Jupiter. there was a small man who accompanied me and showed me around the place, then he opened a doorway with a silent WHOOSH of wind headed outwards, and i followed him in the dim sunlight but stopped cold only about 5 feet out the door as there was no oxygen or air pressure, it was freezing and my body ached like pins and needles, he told me basically to man up and follow him out so i slowly inched my way out and noticed to my left there was a large enclosed and illuminated [but not oxygenated] area with women in skin-tight space suits milling about. they looked at me like "what is HE doing here?!" and went back to their business.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 2:01 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Dude...I dont recall EVER trying to do math calculations in a dream. So I am amazed that you could get it that close, and that you could do that much engineering in your sleep. Carl Sagan reported that he couldnt even read pages of a book in a dream. :lol:

After you saved the guy's life you shoulda...added that he "better change your ways", so that he doesnt join you in chasing the Devil's cattle. :lol:

I often dream of building things. I had one dream about something that might have been a valuable invention twenty five years ago but wouldn't be worth much today. I thought about patenting it but decided it would be a waste of money.

By the way, this morning, not long before waking up, I had a dream of flying in a spaceship that led to me trying to solve a strange problem in my dream:

Suppose that you are in a spaceship traveling around the Earth, west to east, once every two hours. Then you would be crossing into a new time zone every five minutes. So every five minutes, it would be an hour later on the ground. Why aren't you that much older when you land?

After thinking about it when waking up, I think that this would potentially make a good problem to see if people think logically. For example, suppose that you orbited the earth for ten days. Then in ten days, you would cross 10*12*24 time zones = 2,880 time zones representing 120 days. Why aren't you 120 days older instead of 10 days older?

FWIW, after the spaceship dream above, the last thing I dreamed as I woke up was to be sitting in the yard and seeing a two story house coming down the street at 30 mph, turning at the corner, and going by on the cross street at 30 mph. That was quite impressive seeing a two story house with a nice front porch moving like that under its own power.

By the way, on reading pages in my dreams, I can do that. I used to do it a lot, not so much now. The strange thing was that if I tried to read the page again, it didn't say the same thing and was often just a jumble of characters. It was also like that with signs.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 9:09 pm

the structure of time that we know, is basically a human locality construct. our humanly constructed time does not tightly link to actual universal time. our time zones don't actually "care" that an actual solar day is the time it takes for the Earth to rotate about its axis so that the Sun appears in the same position in the sky. the sidereal day is ~4 minutes shorter than the solar day. the sidereal day is the time it takes for the Earth to complete one rotation about its axis with respect to the 'fixed' stars. i would wonder how do we deal with this continuing disparity between solar and star time.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2022, 6:16 pm

One of my occasional recurring themes of dreams is about a company where I worked about 25 years ago. These dreams invariably have me going back to work for them for a while and then leaving again.

In last night's dream on this theme, I had been back for a while and had noticed a number of oddities. Even though we were in a large multi-story building, there were relatively few people who worked there. There were security guards present 24 hours a day and from talking to him there were only two or three hundred people who came through to go to their office or go home. Our company accounted about 75 of them spread out over two floors, but not taking up the entire floor.

Then I realized that in the hallway, I never saw but one person, the receptionist, going into the other offices on my floor. So I went in one when that person in one office went to the bathroom and found that the office was nothing but a single room. The only one there was the receptionist. There were no doors going back into more offices.

I checked out the other offices on the floor and they were the same. So what was in the rest of the space?

I started exploring more and found that there were a great many more electrical circuits on the floor than anyone would ever need. For maybe about 80 people on the entire floor, there were thousands of electrical circuits and even more ethernet and fiber optic circuits. Some of the circuits went to obvious places like light switches, lights, and electrical outlets, but some just appeared to terminate inside walls for no purpose.

I then started climbing up into the crawl space between floors and found empty spaces and passageways with more electrical circuits everywhere. I could hear quite movement from the other sides but could never see anything except an occasional machine following tracks in the floors.

In one large empty space, I set up a private bakery to bake cakes that I would then raffle off for $15 per ticket, making hundreds of dollars per cake.

At some point, I gave two weeks notice. Shortly after that, I found another employee of the company who was also exploring the spaces. We swapped notes. His opinion was that most of the building was used by autonomous robots who were controlling us and who never needed to leave the building and that our company was the only actual company operating there and it was owned by the robots.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2022, 9:48 pm

i dreamt again of another WPer chatting with me in a dream, in their living room.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 3:07 am

Someone in my dream had an accent. This is very unusual for my dreams. People either sound completely flat / monotone and have no distinctive accent or they sound like me usually. However, this dream was different.

I was waiting for someone outside a house, pacing slightly and a middle aged woman walked out her door. She had what I believe to be a Geordie accent. However, I'm not certain. It could've been Scouse, I'm quite bad at placing accents but I know it was different than my accent and it wasn't flat either like it usually is in my dreams. Must be the voice of someone I've come across before, but I've no idea who it might be. Seems an odd change, I don't think this has happened before in my dreams.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 5:49 am

Hearing someone call my name when I'm asleep tends to wake me up real quick.

Yesterday morning was a new twist on this, though. Someone in my dream called me by name and that woke me up!

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 2:27 pm

kokopelli wrote:
I dreamed I was a ghost!

Lol. This sounds like it was a fun one. I love having dreams where I play the part in an exciting story.

Speaking of ghosts, I used to dream about ghosts a lot, especially when I was a kid. A common theme being that I'm special and can see and speak to ghosts. The ghosts in my dreams were never really evil or had bad intentions, but were always still quite creepy.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 3:01 pm

Last week had dream about ghost, technically, a dead relative, took photo of ghost, trying to tell people look, but photo showed up blank. Talked to dead relative....always mute tho. Ghost relative then just flew off like superman, disappeared through ceiling. The end.
After that was in countryside, old house, crept around outside of house at night, fought stone monster that shot lasers that turned into a cd once i destroyed it. Befriended gang of youths, in garden of house, surrounded by cobblestone wall. Visited new york, in the 80's, commented on billboards. And other bizzare escapades.

My latest dream,though, (this morning.) It's day, same black haired woman, from previous dream showed up in crowd. There were hippies protesting, countryside, they were knocking this wall down with hammer. I befriended her, said i would walk her home, we walked along street, she then said she from Santa Monica, "Me, That's like 5 thousand miles away! you said you only lived local a a minute ago." Walking home, its night now, I steal a pepsi from this shop, it's outside on a stand. Shopkeeper yells, chases us, (he looks like Moe from Simpsons.)

Run into Alleyway, which i've visited in previous dreams, not actually part of the layout of real place, where we are, which was town i grew up in. Its pitch black, immediately regret it. Strangers in alleyway, like hobos, all raggedy clothes, its lit up now, its actually a bathroom. These hobos pull out knives on us. Threaten. One hobos is taking his clothes off. Like hes about to rape woman. Luckily shopkeeper runs in with his own knife, sneaks up, I grab arm of guy with knife pointed at me, a shopkeeper stabs him in chest, shopkeeper then stabs wannabee rapist. Well woman is now naked, she gets dressed and just walks away. I must admit I was admiring her form. Me thinking " well that was a disaster..." And the dream was going so well...up until that point.

Later more dreams, this time involving mafia, in limo pulls up to house, we're flipping through images in a book, a female porn star, they're looking for somebody, i can't remember the details, but it was kinda menacing, situation diffused, though,no violence.
And also I was watching tv, ww2 docu comes on, "I'm thinking this is fake..these are actors...this never happened, this is scripted." suddenly i'm in the show, on the bomber plane, we're in pacific, headed for some island. These boats, filed wit animals, zoo animals of all kinds. Orders to bomb the boats. We comply. Boats blow up, dynamite hidden on board boats, enemy is trying to sneak bombs and ammunition onto island. We speculate, on who the enemy forces could be, Germany? China? we're not quite sure. Also I'm in a distinct ww2 bomber, yet i feel like it's viet Kong, Vietnam. The end.

That's like maybe 25% of the dream. It's hard to remember everything, dreams are so fast and detailed, alot of info is lost upon waking. Only the particular striking parts have a decent chance of being recalled.

Kerch wrote:
I love having dreams where I play the part in an exciting story.

I have a lot of dreams that can deemed adventures. Many can get out of control, action packed, like a action movie. In my youth, dreams were more like videogames or horror movies, now they're kinda more mellow. Less fantastical, more everyday things.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)