What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 414 of 497 [ 7950 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 411, 412, 413, 414, 415, 416, 417 ... 497  Next

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 10:12 am

I had one last night.

So, I was standing around in a town near where I live. Then, the Grim Reaper shows up. At first I freak out, but he turns out to be a nice guy. He tells me that my time is up, and reluctantly we walk together across a bridge. During this journey he's telling me about all the horrible accidents he has seen recently, and that he's just happy to deal with a pleasant death for once.

We walk down a street, and cross a corner. Then a portal opens up and we walk through.

He's holding my arm as we do so. As the portal closed behind us, we were in a long, narrow corridor. It's empty, except for some red cloth and a few boxes lying on the ground near the door that is where the portal used to be. We walk together in silence, the grim reaper is still locking arms with me. There are no windows, just some round low energy ceiling lights. Weird that I didn't see a power switch on the wall anywhere. As for doors, there are only two- one where the portal was, and another at the end of this corridor. We reach the end, and we have a conversation about how I can never go back to being in the land of the living again.

I'm in an old market place, which is surprisingly clean. There's a few people walking around, but not many. I look back at the door, and I see the Grim Reaper go back inside. For a moment, I wasn't sure what to do. So I examined the market place, and then I decided that I was going to try to sneak back to the land of the living. I took in all the scenery and smells before heading back to the door. There is some hesitation as I go to grab the door knob, as I worry about what the Grim Reaper will do if he catches me trying to escape. As I turn the door knob slowly, I peak through the door to check that he is gone.

When I step into the corridor, it feels eerily cold. So I get the sense that he is still there, and as I look further on I see the edge of his black gown drifting away. He doesn't see me. I get close to the exit. But then, I see the portal begin to open. So, naturally I am freaking out. I glance over to the boxes and red piece of cloth that is still there. Running out of options, I decide to hide in this pile, hoping that he doesn't look over. He appears with two people, at first he begins to walk down the corridor and I think that I've gotten away with it. But then he stops. My thoughts begin to race.

He lets go of the two people. They stand in the corridor. Shortly after, he walks over to the boxes, and glances at the red cloth. I try to stay as still as I can. The cloth is a fairly thick fabric, and I tried to arrange it quickly in a way that doesn't look like a person is hiding under it. But I knew that it was a long shot. Predictably, he isn't fooled. The Grim Reaper grabbed the cloth and tossed it aside with a sigh. I looked up. He dragged me up from the floor, and we walk together, along with these two other people, down the corridor towards the market place once more.

Then I woke up. 8O

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 11:30 pm

I had dreamed that my mentor had a new place. I seriously remember the clean new blue rooms, the window's lights are pitch white and yet there are lights on. Somewhere along the way, I was helping her or I was just looking around.
... Then I saw a flying fold off blinders being hung on the wall by itself. 8O I yelled in surprised and backed off. Then my mentor came up and chuckled. She said it's some ghost friend of her's or something -- in real life she can sense the paranormal.
And then there's a really ticklish sensation on my right back side. I got worried, so I asked my mentor something is tickling my backside. She just smiled. Then, her smile sort of starts waning...

I woke up with the electric fan's wind flapping my shirt on my backside, causing said ticklish sensation. :oops: I dunno if this creeps me out or find it funny.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 7:41 pm

^^you bring up a good point in that many dreams happen in the twilight between waking and sleeping, and that there is an environmental interaction that can occur during those times. :idea:

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 4:31 am

I had woken briefly and gone back to sleep, so I can't remember the preamble, but I found myself in a vast lecture theatre; something that could seat thousands. I knew that most of the seated didn't like me, particularly when they started chanting. None of them turned their heads to look at me at the back until I stood up to say sometihng. Before I could speak in the following silence, someone else stood up from an ailse seat, perhaps 30 rows in front of me.

Not relevant to the "plot" of the dream, but I can describe her in detail: Indian (Asian) heritage, stocky build, half-round face, fairly tall (5'8"-ish), dark-rimmed glasses, blue denim dungarees, white Converses and socks not meeting the gap to the trouser leg, hair dyed blond and saffron to below her shoulders, rings, a digital watch on her right wrist....

She made a pre-emptive put-down, and I calmy snapped. No feeling of anger or anything, I just made the decision at that moment to do something. I spoke some words in faux-Latin, ending in something like "...orum malefexis". She taunted and they laughed until they all realised they were going blind.

I left the room and found myself on a short climb of steps before turning left into a red sandstone cloister. I knew this wasn't the right place - or time. I saw the same girl as a child in uniform sat on the floor a short distance from writings on the wall. They were made in white or yellow paint, in the same faux-Latin with the adition of a few strange letters; it looked like a poem or passage, and the girl was quietly reciting it. In the dream I knew what it meant, and knew it was something bad and wrong. I quickly recited something to disperse it and the words peeled away like the aurora borealis. The girl looked up and saw me through time.

And that's where I woke up. I don't recall any Latin or "witchraft" during my day, so who knows where that came from.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 11:03 pm

^^^
Latin
To dream of Latin language indicates your position of prominence and distinction. It also refers to your scholarly pursuits.
Lecture
To dream that you are giving a lecture suggests that you are becoming somewhat of a bore. You need to improve your communications skills. Alternatively, your dream may serve as a continuation of your intellectual thinking, carried over from your waking hours. To dream that you are listening to a lecture indicates that you need to do some research and weigh out your options before making a decision on some matter.
Theater
To dream that you are in a theater signifies your social life. Consider how the performance parallels to situations in your waking life. Observe how the characters relate to you and how they may represent an aspect of yourself. You may be taking on a new role. Alternatively, the dream is a metaphor that the dreamer might be too theatrical or too melodramatic.
Chanting
To hear chanting in your dream signifies chaos and disagreements.
India
To dream of a person from India depends on your own personal associations with the country. If you have never been to India, then the dream may represent your determination to rise above a situation and overcome life's difficulties. You want to defy expectations.
Blonde
To see a blonde person in your dream suggests that you need to enjoy life and live it up. Be a little glamorous.
To dream that you [main character in your dream] dye your hair blonde indicates that you literally need to lighten up and quit being so serious all the time. Try to be more upbeat.
Watch

To see or wear a wristwatch in your dream suggests that you need to be more carefree and spontaneous. Your life is too structured. Or you are feeling limited and constrained. Alternatively, the wristwatch symbolizes the ticking of the human heart and thus is indicative of the emotional side of your life. The dream may also be a metaphor to indicate that you need to "watch out".

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 9:34 pm

i dreamt i was at work in the hospital but instead of the normal L & D it was an optometrist's office, and at lunch a coworker spelled me so i could go to an ophthalmologist's appointment elsewhere in the hospital, but everything and its brother kept distracting me and delaying me from the goal, until at the end of my dream i finally made it there, only before i could open the door, i awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 7:31 pm

in a fragment of remembered dream, i was trying to reach a couch situated in a glass-walled hallway overlooking a water park with water-dappled rock sculptures in it, overcast day outside but bright. but each step i took was hindered by about 20 or so cats of all breeds writhing about my legs and preventing me from gracefully walking without dragging the cats along that were hanging on my black-clad trouser legs. the lady sitting on the charcoal colored cloth couch also was dressed in all black, black hair in pageboy style, and black eyes but porcelain-white skin - she just stared at me rather than do anything to help in terms of distracting the cats. then i awoke.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2019, 1:26 pm

I had quite a few dreams though I only recall slight details of a few. The first I recall was driving down a road in pitch black with only the car's headlights for lighting and the road I was driving down had zombies sporadically scattered down the road and once I got to my destination there were a few dogs that started chasing me.

The next one I recall, I was in a house and I had an uneasy feeling as someone came to the door and eventually broke in. He had a knife and started stabbing me, oddly, I didn't defend myself and let him stab me repeatedly, he must have stabbed me 50 times before he stopped and left. There wasn't any pain and I was fine after he left.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 12:37 am

^^not a mere dream but at least one was a nightmare! 8O :skull: :pale:

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 2:04 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Strangely enough, I was not terrified. It didn't feel genuine like it wasn't actually happening to me. I was probably on the verge of figuring out it was just a dream. Often when I do figure out it's a dream and exert my will I just wake myself up eventually.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 9:38 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Strangely enough, I was not terrified. It didn't feel genuine like it wasn't actually happening to me. I was probably on the verge of figuring out it was just a dream. Often when I do figure out it's a dream and exert my will I just wake myself up eventually.

sounds like you are well on the way to mastering lucid dreaming. :star:

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 10:25 pm

auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Perhaps if I ever figure out how to avoid triggering my mind waking from the dream. I have been able to go back to sleep and successfully determine it was just a dream a second time, but I always end up waking up even when struggling to stay in the dream. Once I have the realization, it's only a matter of time. It's like the more I break "reality" or attempt to change the dream, the more my mind wants to abort the dream.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 10:27 pm

I dreamed that my male crested gecko laid eggs in a mound of dirt at the back of his enclosure, and ducklings hatched out of them.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 11:04 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Perhaps if I ever figure out how to avoid triggering my mind waking from the dream. I have been able to go back to sleep and successfully determine it was just a dream a second time, but I always end up waking up even when struggling to stay in the dream. Once I have the realization, it's only a matter of time. It's like the more I break "reality" or attempt to change the dream, the more my mind wants to abort the dream.

out of curiosity, what are your opinions of hypnosis?

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 1:47 am

^I don't know enough about hypnosis to have one. Why do you ask?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 1:54 am

blackicmenace wrote:
^I don't know enough about hypnosis to have one. Why do you ask?

i've read that through hypnosis a person can learn to have better dreams. hypnosis doesn't work worth a darn for me and reportedly a majority of those on the autism spectrum.