What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 454 of 498 [ 7960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 451, 452, 453, 454, 455, 456, 457 ... 498  Next

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 7:18 am

In a post-apocalyptic hellscape, I ran a post office. Deliveries were handled by the only people tough enough to survive out there: all-female hip-hop crews rapping extracts from "The Origin of Species."

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 1:07 am

Been in some alternative world.

Some guy had this two barrels of muddy water. Asks me and my ? friends? companions? To get out and find a solution.

Went to some errand, found some pink solution. Gave it to the guy.

Guy poured some of the pink solution into the muddy water. Mixed it, and the water was cleared off.

Then did the same on the second barrel -- except the second barrel had a body in it.
The corpse even looked weird -- the skin is transparent enough to see it's bones. No blood. The hair was white.
The solution worked so well, even it's clothes are transparent and clean.

Then weird thoughts that it might be my sister, my cousin or my niece. And it was murder.

I woke up in shock. :o

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 6:25 am

There are two recurring dreams I often have - sometimes even like twice or thrice a week - over the course of the last months :roll: 8O I seriously have no idea what those could potentially mean.

Dream number one: I study in a strange city and I can't find my college anywhere. I remember many buildings from this sort of dreams - they are always the same buildings, like a secondhand bookshop, in which I'm trying to buy a book about L. M. Montgomery, as well as a multi storey shopping arcade, where I go with my friends and where I see always the same plush toys - I own two of them irl but the third one - a plush Garfield - doesn't in fact belong to me in real life.

Dream number two: I'm at a summer camp and I am impatiently awaiting my mom taking me home.

I have those every now and then. No idea what my subconsciousness is trying to tell me, sending me those dreams.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 9:06 pm

^^^i find the dream dictionary at dreammoods.com is useful.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 9:32 pm

I have a recurring dream of being in someone's house. It's a big house, and I really want to look around. I'm always waiting for the people to leave so I can sneak into forbidden areas. Sometimes the forbidden rooms are downstairs, and sometimes it's upstairs in a big dusty room with rows of high-back formal wooden dining chairs from the 19th century. The upstairs room is terrifying and has a nightmare feeling. The downstairs room varies. Sometimes it turns into a shopping mall, or a promenade.

I've had this dream since I was about five.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 4:06 am

I had this Garfield dream again this night - I had one superhuge Garfield plush toy - one that was way bigger than me 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2021, 10:36 am

i dreamt i was in an airport somewhere and i was just determined to sneak past customs [in a foreign country] some vacuum cleaner parts and a few batteries.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2021, 3:43 pm

I was a crewmember on an interstellar refugee ship. The wise old captain was Ursula le Guin (author of the "Earthsea" books). The spaceship had lots of chunks of other ships bolted on to it, salvaged where we'd found wrecks and rescued the survivors. My role was Ship's Prophet. I was the time-reversed re-incarnation of someone from a future where our adventures had been adapted into a series of animated films. Trouble was, future me hadn't liked the films very much, so my memories of them were unreliable.

On one world, we tried to earn our right to stay by brokering peace between the humans and the giant cyborg monsters of the desert. But after we figured out how to summon the monsters for tea and biscuits, we were accused of being witches and driven out. My bad- I thought this situation "worked out fine eventually." Just not for us. Later, we rescued a living crystal who claimed to be both the Queen and the last survivor of her species. I was wracking my brains trying to remember if she'd make a fine member of the crew or if she'd violently assimilate us all, when I woke up.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 7:25 am

^^^that sounds like it would make an excellent short story or even novel. :idea:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2021, 2:39 am

i dreamt i was with a dark-skinned fellow with 70s-style afro, wearing slime-green t-shirt and charcoal sweats. he stepped out of a ford model T and stepped onto the orange-carpeted porch of a house i was at, and proceeded to sing something [the lyrics evaporated] in a style somewhere between opera and rap. then he told me he was making a YouTube channel devoted to showing people via florid description, what foods taste like, so they can vicariously enjoy foods not available where they live, by comparing them to foods readily available.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 8:02 pm

i dreamt i was walking unassisted [YAY!! !] in my neighborhood, no canes, just wearing scrub bottoms and tank top and net mesh soft-sole shoes, beige. after a while of walking i came upon a metallic blue Toyota Prius, late model. i hopped in and started driving around, then it occurred to me that i needed to get my regular walking shoes so i drove back home and looked around, couldn't find 'em so then it occurred to me that i might have left them at my folks' house [mom was in spectral form] in the dream. i quick as a flash made it to their house as it used to be in the 2000s [in real life the house was sold long ago], mom appeared as though she was in her 30s. she told me she didn't know where my shoes were at but go ahead a look around. meanwhile i found an old pair of slippers i hadn't worn [wore out long ago] in over a decade, put 'em on and they promptly fell apart. mom told me it was only natural for 'em to not stand up all this time. then i dreamt it was later on and i was alone, i had to leave the house behind so i went around and made sure all the windows were shut and the lights turned off, then i awoke.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 8:46 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^that sounds like it would make an excellent short story or even novel. :idea:

Yes. Quite an odyssey there. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 3:08 pm

i dreamt i was in a cement floored and walled corridor, at a right-angle bend with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking a rock garden and breezeway outside between buildings of some university. at a plum couch next to a window i was chatting with ex-pres trumpy who was cutting my hair and depositing the clippings into an open blank journal on the couch cushion. i asked him where he learned how to cut hair and he told me softly that in military academy they had to cut each other's hair. i was seeing myself from the outside at that point and i was blond and had poufy hair just like trumpy. then in the middle of that another person of identical appearance started cutting his hair and i was watching, then trumpy yawned and fell asleep on the couch. some female witnesses to this gaped in astonishment and one said "what in this hellworld is going on here?!"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 5:09 pm

had a weird one with my late father and my older sister in some dream house. the master bedroom was the size of a studio apartment in itself, humongous. there was a bathroom on the far end of it, i went in there only to discover that somebody had used it without flushing after themselves. :eew: all through the dream the Wings song "another day" played but with lyrics that were more about this place than what McCartney originally sang about [a lonely woman]. i went to visit my dad's bedroom, he was sitting in the living room next to it in a large recliner. for some reason i was naked and i tried to put on his underwear but it was about 10 times too large. he saw and told me to put on my own underwear instead.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 4:11 pm

I had a dream last night in which I was working for a small company with offices in a large building. The big company with offices in the building had hired a consulting company from the West Coast to help them with a big task and there were a lot of consultants from that company there one day.

Then the consultants went nuts and started throwing paint and water and everything else they could find everywhere, not only in the company they were working but in the entire building. I was in my best suit and tie along with best hat and boots and they were ruined. Every window and wall was covered with paint. My cell phone would no longer work. The computers were caked in and filled with paint. Our company was basically shut down for the forseeable future and the consultants just kept going and going.

I called the police who arrived but didn't want to arrest them because they didn't want to put the paint covered consultants in the backs of their police cars and because they didn't have enough jail space to hold them. Obviously, anyone involved that they didn't arrested had no reason to stay around and would be gone quickly.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2021, 2:30 am

I spent part of last night on a distant unknown planet looking for a new house. Nothing perhaps odd about that for an autistic person, but whilst I was there I found myself in some sort of underground bunker. The bunker had special ovens where cakes were being cooked by using nuclear explosions. Everyone had to leave the bunker whilst the "cooking" was in progress so the whole idea of nuclear bunkers was sort of back to front. Sounds like something Douglas Adams might have come up with but I can't remember it from any of the "Hitch-hiker" books. No idea where else such imagery might have come from.