What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 456 of 497 [ 7937 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 453, 454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 459 ... 497  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 11:55 am

TRIGGER and CONTENT WARNING:

Violent nightmare involving child:

I have some of the most macabre nightmares ever, despite the fact I take anti-nightmare medication.

I should start my own thread just about nightmares.

Last night's doozy involved violence and persecution. I was with a man who was being hunted for sport but I can't remember who the bad people were, or why they wanted to kill him. There were landmines and hand grenades thrown at him. We were running through some type of glass building with ramps which looked rather like the inside of a pinball machine because it had doorways on quick-touch levers, and bells ringing. I asked my friend what I should do if he exploded or was killed in front of me. Where should I run and hide? Should I surrender? Should I mourn? Would the bad people stop, or start hunting me? I can't remember what he said. I was very scared, to say the least.

In the second part of the dream it was the same bad people but I was with a woman and her little boy, who was on a chaise seat behind her. Suddenly the boy was dead and wrapped in a dark grey plastic tarp like a cocoon, with ropes around it to bind him. I think the idea was that he was smothered and suffocated to death in the plastic tarp. The bad people handed the dead boy to the mother upside down, so she was holding the shroud with his head toward the ground. The woman was screaming and I was trying to figure out how to console her.

Then the bad man said that lady needed to shut up and stop screaming because her son wasn't really inside the plastic. They said they killed the boy by putting him through a pulverisation process like a very fine wood chipper, that turned him to powder. They said he was alive as he was pulverised and then they mixed his powder into a paint mixture, and used it to paint the walls where we were sat. The walls were dark red but they said it wasn't because of blood, it was just the paint colour they had chosen.

They said it was common for murderers to hide bodies by grinding them into a powder and painting homes with it. They had those evil grins, and were very cold and detached about the concept of painting walls with dead people. Apparently it was the easiest way to get away with murder.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2021, 6:55 pm

May 6th is my father's birthday and had me managed to get through his treatments without any problems, he would be turning 62 this year. I have scheduled a blood donation appointment for May 6th which will be held
at a location near my school.

I dreamt that both versions of my dad showed up. The original version looked at me with pleasure and told me he was glad that I would be doing something good on his birthday.

Then his alternate version shoved him out of the way, looked at me sternly and shouted, "Son, you are going to attend your class on my birthday!"

I shouted back at him, "There's nothing you can about it! It's happened before!"

Then I woke up.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 10:42 am

As part of some kind of project that only made sense in the dream, I was carrying armloads of stuff from room to room in a busy office block. Files, weapons, marionettes, stuff like that. Only problem was the layout of the building. Each floor was just a single huge room with a 20ft high ceiling, and the only way between rooms was a hole in the corner of each floor/ceiling. Getting up to and down from the holes was a perilous climb across office furniture, stacks of file boxes, and pictures hanging on the walls, with only one free hand. I felt mildly peeved at the architect for not considering the needs of the people using the building.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 11:20 am

I was sat near the front of a lecture theatre with my mother and there was an older woman giving some type of keynote address. It was strange because I could see her in very precise detail and even the details of her face, her skin, her clothes, and her shoes were evident. In real life I don’t look at people that carefully, and in my dreams the people are usually more generic, faceless, or blurry.

The woman ended her address by saying she was the vice-president of Tufts University. That's weird because I don’t know anything about Tufts. Then she commenced returning students’ term papers and my name was called first but I discovered I couldn’t hear anything. I only knew she called my name because my mother nudged me. I took two of my papers from the woman and they were both in red covers with cut-and-paste pictures on the front, like a child had decorated them. I still couldn’t hear and realised I was wearing my earplugs but when I took them out some type of white stuff like tofu was coming out of both ears. I still couldn’t hear and I was motioning for help. My mother noticed and seemed to be acting like it was an emergency.

I think that’s when I woke up.

I sat here wondering how my brain invented that keynote speaker with such detail. They say that everyone in our dreams is someone we have seen before in real life and we can’t invent faces when dreaming. I thought about her clothes and hairstyle and realised she was actually my kindergarten teacher - the one who lifted me up by my ponytail and spanked me for playing with a toy train which she said was only for boys. In real life I had no memory of what she looks like apart from the class photo but in my dream she came back to life in perfect detail with other details I had completely forgotten. It’s crazy my brain could remember after almost 50 years. I guess that’s why there was cut-and-paste on my term papers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 4:55 pm

^^^IMHO that is a semi-lucid dream, you were picking up on details preserved forever in a higher plane of existence.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 7:38 pm

First, a few preliminaries.

I live in a small (in terms of population) community. The community consists of about 20 houses in an area of about 50 square miles. We used to have a population of maybe 70, but the kids have grown up and mostly moved away. We probably have about 40 to 50 members of the community who still live there. Our precinct only has 30 something voters. The entire community is centered around a church of which nearly everyone is a member.

Our mail is all to outdoor mail boxes alongside the road. In bad weather, the mail in the boxes can get wet. In high winds, it has been known to blow away with no chance for retrieval.

Now for the dream. Supposed that the name of the community was the "Prairie Community" and the church was the "Prairie Community Church".

I dreamed that we got together and started our own community unmanned private post office with its own zip code. In the dream, we did not have PO Box numbers, but instead letters of one's choice. For example, the church had an address of PO Box P (for Prairie Chucrch). Only the post office itself and the church had a single letter Box in the dream.

Also, a PO Box could have more than one destination. For example, if Henry and Sarah Jane Smith were married and lived together, their PO Box was either PO Box HS or PO Box SJS. If there were conflicts in the letters, then it could be worked around. For example, Julie WIlson and Jackie Williams (married to two brothers), then one would have PO Box JuW and one would have PO Box JaW.

Also, in the community, we have one guy who goes by his first two initials. So in the dream, his post office box name used those first two initials and not the initial of the last name.

If Pastor George Jackson retired and was replaced with Pastor Thomas Perterson, PO Box GJ would become PO Box TP and PO Box JG would cease to be valid.

That said, considering the size of the community and that everyone knows everyone else, just addressing it to the name would suffice.

Most of the members of the community would be authorized to distribute the mail. After the mail was dropped off, the first one to come by to get his mail would open the mail bags and distribute the mail to the proper boxes. Instead of standard mail boxes, the boxes didn't have doors on the front of the box. To fill it, you would put the mail in from the front instead of the back.

Early in the dream, the Boxes were merely Box A through Box Z, but then the idea of using people's initials came to me during the dream.

One nice thing about the dream was that everyone would pretty much instantly know everyone else's box number. If I wanted to send an e-mail to Uncle Frank Underhill, I could just address it to Box FU.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 7:43 pm

:P ^ I'd like to post a few letters to FU, myself ...

All I remember of my dream is that there was some sort of apocalypse, and the air was white like after 911.

I saw my doctor getting into a taxi.

I dream about my doctor a lot. I realise it's because I'm so antisocial, there's only a very small cast of characters I can draw from in my life. I wouldn't recognise or know anyone else. Last week I dreamed about my Kindergarten teacher ...

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 2:59 pm

I was killing time before meeting up with my girlfriend-

-yeah, I have a girlfriend in the dream, that's wierd to start with-

-and decided to go for a walk in the Yorkshire Dales. Unfortunately, when I turned back, I found I'd walked a route that was one-way only. Basically, I'd climbed up a 45-degree grassy hillside with a river gorge at the bottom, and there was no way to walk back down it without rolling into the chasm. Apparently.

So I called my girlfriend and said I'd have to keep walking, and could she take the bus and meet me in Finland, as that was the only place I could get to from here? Then I walked all the way to Finland, which didn't take very long and there was no sea in the way. European geography dream-fail.

Finland in the dream consisted entirely of rain-soaked dockyards. I was still kicking my heels on a bollard waiting for her bus when I woke up.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 8:39 pm

I have been having this dream as of recent (crazy, but brief hallucinations to match, mind you)
but I've been dreaming that a man draws a dark-colored vertical line from the top of my forehead down to my chin. The man takes a bloody knife and slashes my face in half.

He never shows his own face, but can anyone determine the symbolism of this dream?

:?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 11:15 pm

I'm having fever dreams, while experiencing chills.

I dreamed I bought a new colour of yarn to fix my doll's hair. It was too light blonde like a Barbie or a movie star, instead of being a country-girl beige.

I checked the label and it was called Polar Bear Slut. 8) (Polar Bear = likely because I'm so freezing cold).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 1:34 am

no chills but i'm experiencing way WAY fewer dreams as well. sleep disturbed. :|

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 2:43 pm

Two short dreams (possibly dream snippets) from the last couple of days:

1) I was pushing a stroller with my one and a half year old grand niece in it. We were going from my younger brother's house to my house, a distance of one and a half miles down a dirt road across the field. My grand niece was reading a newspaper, but every time we hit more than a small bump, she would hold the newspaper down so she could see over it while looking around in an irritated manner and then turn around and give me a mean look for interrupting her newspaper reading.

2) I was asleep in a lawn chair in the front yard and woke up to find myself surrounded by skunks. Somewhat surprised, I asked "Where did they come from?" Someone I didn't know who was standing behind me pointed at various skunks and said something like "Those two are from New Mexico, that one is from California, the big one is from Kansas, and those other two are from Texas." I turned to him and said, "That doesn't answer the question I was asking."

Anyway, each dream was only a couple of minutes long and I didn't have any dreams leading up to or away from those two short snippets. They were really like small but self contained dreams.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 2:09 am

had vague dreams of being free of my body.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 1:33 pm

I had a dream of a certain WP member who won't let go of his obsession.

PM me if you want to know.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 1:34 pm

I had a dream of a certain WP member. They phoned me, but wanted me to talk to their friend named "Ann-Marie".

Then they said they needed to go ride a mechanical bull.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 9:43 pm

Playing a weird role where my life is tied to another -- if he/she dies, I die too.

Some sprouted seed... The seed's size was weird, it could be as big as my hand or as small as ballpen point.
And it sprouted stem that wad at least 6ft long and it was thick and moving. At least it was not hostile.
And as if I was prepared to encounter it and then put it on a flat pot with a ready soil mix that had a 4 ft stake sticking at it.

The weirdest part was listening to my breathing... I can feel myself, very relaxed asleep on my bed as I lay flat on my back.
At the same time, struggling to breathe.

It was a very familiar scenario -- it happens to me every other night if my nose flares up and usually ends up with me being frustrated about sleeping.

Except it wasn't my nose this time -- it might be my throat or somewhere that refuses to cooperate. And the noise is coming from my upper abdomen or somewhere as I keep struggling to inhale.

There's no heaviness or panic or helplessness involved here.

Only... Familiarity.
If anything, I was interested. I want to observe more of what was going on.

Difference is that I'm very aware for someone who's been asleep while trying to stay asleep, and unusually tolerant about having hard of breathing when I'd usually just get up after 5 or so minutes.

I woke up finding it wasn't really my nose... This time. And something inside me stops relaxing, stops making noises from my insides and able to breathe at least normally again.

Not sure if that was a dream. The transition was so seamless with no inertia.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.