What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 484 of 497 [ 7949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 487 ... 497  Next

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 2:04 pm

At pone point in a long dream I don't remember, a TV presenter got fed up of waiting outside a bungalow for the old man he was supposed to interview to come home. So he snipped the locks on the patio doors with a pair of huge comedy secateurs and walked in. The old man came home and was outraged - "Who could have possibly done this?!" "I know, right?" said the presenter. The weird thing was, I saw this scene both as the presenter, the old man, and as an unseen observer who didn't intervene.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 2:33 pm

I was in a big sporting arena with a dirt floor, kind of like there was going to be a rodeo.
There was a presentation of gymnasts, ballerinas or ice skaters (?) who were doing pairs routines in the air.
They didn't wear skates but they still seemed like ice skating moves.
Everyone in the show was floating about 15 feet from the ground.

I remember a man levitating on his back, and a woman was doing a dainty ballet pose on his leg.
I was amazed that they could stay in the air for that long.
No one else seemed shocked by any of it.

There was one routine that got kind of sexual like ice dance pairs.
He was lifting her like skaters do, but gripping her by the chest.

I remember commenting to someone about that, but it wasn't a big deal.

Then my friend darted away for some signficant reason, but I can't remember why.
My friend ran upstairs into the concourse level and hid behind some curtains on the wall.
They were frightened by something that had happened, or something someone said.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 8:11 pm

I had a dream where I built a large shed, then Shakira showed up and complained about the shed being poor quality. She wasn't invited, she somehow broke in and knew about this shed. I have many questions. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:28 pm

i don't know if it was a dream or some kind of hypnogogic response, but i was rudely awoken today by what i thought in the dream was thumping at my door, and my late sister's voice telling me softly, "Pronto, he has 3 tools..." the strangeness of this caused me to wake up with a start, and i leapt out of bed as i was somewhat late.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:30 pm

That's cool!

I heard my dad's voice say "Marry him!" once.

I was in bed with someone my dad definitely would not want me to marry.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:35 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
That's cool! I heard my dad's voice say "Marry him!" once. I was in bed with someone my dad definitely would not want me to marry.

so was the "marry him!" said with that unmarriagable person at that time?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:38 pm

Very, very much so. ^

It woke me up so maybe I missed the first word.
I hope it was "Don't marry him!"

An alternative is he could have said "Marian", but I'm not sure.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:50 pm

^^^do you know a marian?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:51 pm

Yes and it would be relevant, although without context.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:52 pm

my late sister described some of my more bizarre dreams, as "neural garbage." do you ever regard some of your dreams like that, or do they all have metaphysical significance to you?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:59 pm

I never thought of them either way really.
They're a curiosity - not garbage but not necessarily metaphysical, depending.

I've had some prophetic dreams and LOTS about my dead dad.
My dad shows up so often I forget he's gone in real life.
It just feels normal to see him.

My other dreams are usually really weird abstractions of stuff from real life.
I can usually trace them back in one way or another.

I'm a very light sleeper.
I think most of the time dreams are just my tired brain being scattered.

I have hypnagogia and hypnopompia though.
More so with the falling asleep one (I forget which that is.)
"Marry him!" was not either one.
It seemed very very real.

Do you catch yourself hearing / thinking really bizarre conversations when you fall asleep?
I think it's the onset of dreaming.
Again I'm not referring to the hypnagogia / hypnopompia stuff, just your brain words.
I catch myself with the strangest gobbledygook and I think I'll remember it but I don't.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 1:46 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I never thought of them either way really. They're a curiosity - not garbage but not necessarily metaphysical, depending. I've had some prophetic dreams and LOTS about my dead dad. My dad shows up so often I forget he's gone in real life. It just feels normal to see him. My other dreams are usually really weird abstractions of stuff from real life. I can usually trace them back in one way or another. I'm a very light sleeper. I think most of the time dreams are just my tired brain being scattered. I have hypnagogia and hypnopompia though. More so with the falling asleep one (I forget which that is.) "Marry him!" was not either one. It seemed very very real. Do you catch yourself hearing / thinking really bizarre conversations when you fall asleep? I think it's the onset of dreaming. Again I'm not referring to the hypnagogia / hypnopompia stuff, just your brain words. I catch myself with the strangest gobbledygook and I think I'll remember it but I don't.

i get the terms mixed up, mebbe what i had what hypnopompia as it was on the tail end of my sleep. i've had nonsense conversations before but i chalked that up to the fact that my frontal lobes were shutting down earlier than they should have. my late father had an example of this phenomenon in action when one night he related that he awoke from a twilight sleep and was "talking" with somebody about "bashed apples." [applesauce but only the frontal lobes know this].

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 11:18 am

That makes sense. ^ It happened last night and I was sure I'd remember it for you but I don't.

Dream:
I was in a big open-concept business office with just a few people, including my mother and daughter. We had to go past a desk kind of like a Covid screening booth. I was stimming by rubbing my lower right teeth with my tongue but a tooth fell out. I was pretty upset and tried to find a tissue for it. I went back to the desk and it happened twice again. The third tooth that came out was a little nugget like a skin tag (ewwww) but made of tooth. All I had left on that side was the very back molar and the one in front of my canine.

I noticed that my dentist was there, only it was my veterinarian from real life. I walked up to him crying and showed him the little nugget tooth so he motioned for me to open my mouth without even sitting down. He looked in without any tools or dental stuff and got very upset, saying I had cancer in my gum that had caused my teeth to come out. I think he called it an ulcer, or something like that. He said it was very serious and I was going to lose my hair and go blind from the treatment because they'd have to break my lower jaw apart. I might not be able to eat again. He was going to start work on it straight away but said there would be a second round of sawing my jawbone apart in two hours.

I found my mother sitting on the floor somewhere and told her "I have cancer!" which made her cry. I can't remember if I told my daughter. I felt so sad and helpless, and I was upset with myself for not knowing sooner.

I've had dreams about teeth coming out before but this seemed very real, and the cancer thing was terrifying. It seemed so real. It was my first deep sleep in a month and I was on morphine so I guess my mind went wild.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 11:42 am

just before sleep, i thought i'd ask you what you believe that dream is telling you. when my dad last communicated to be from the great beyond, both me and my mom were awoken by his distinct bass clarinet of a voice [the type of voice he had] tell me "HEY ***** [my name]" and my mom as "HEY HONEY!" simultaneously, we compared notes afterwards.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 12:21 pm

Well I have a broken rib and they found a second small stress fracture a week later so that might explain the multiple teeth. Also there was a thread about Novocaine and dental work. The cancer thing, idk but cancer is rampant in my family. My mum went bald and my brother went blind so that explains those two parts. There was a skin tag ad on YouTube yesterday too lol

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 3:11 am

'tis funny how our mind works to make our dreams. for people like Robert Monroe ("Journeys out of the body" et al) they are a doorway into the astral realm.