What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 460 of 497 [ 7949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 457, 458, 459, 460, 461, 462, 463 ... 497  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 3:49 pm

^^^wow :o that is very cosmic :star: you do indeed sound like you have abundant psychic gifts, i hope you learn how to use them to help others. :idea:

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 3:56 pm

Recently I won a deck of Tarot cards in an online contest, about which I already wrote in another thread- I would like to start working with them but I must get some books on how to use them properly, at first :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:00 pm

Irulan wrote:
Recently I won a deck of Tarot cards in an online contest, about which I already wrote in another thread- I would like to start working with them but I must get some books on how to use them properly, at first :)

there is another WP member here named King0fSpades who is an expert in tarot, you might get with him and learn about it.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:07 pm

I saw his thread, he gave me two Tarot readings in it :)

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Irulan wrote:

there is another WP member here named King0fSpades who is an expert in tarot, you might get with him and learn about it.

Actually I wouldn't call myself an expert at it, but when it comes to reading the cards I'm a 'Jack' of Trades (pun intended) :wink:

I have read up a lot on Tarot, Cartomancy, and the Lenormand systems. I just think occult stuff is fascinating even though there's people out there who know a lot more about these things than I do. :)

♤ The Military

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:14 pm

I was always fascinated with all the things occult, ever since I was little. The first book on this topic I read was the famous "Life After Life" by Raymond Moody, which was borrowed to me by said grandma's friend (it was when gran was still alive, I was 10 at this time while she passed away when I was 18).

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:19 pm

Irulan wrote:
I was always fascinated with all the things occult, ever since I was little. The first book on this topic I read was the famous "Life After Life" by Raymond Moody, which was borrowed to me by said grandma's friend (it was when gran was still alive, I was 10 at this time while she passed away when I was 18).

I've heard of this book but never got a chance to check it out.

But yes, the occult is very interesting. I'm also into Mythology, folklore, and comparative religions too. If I had been given the chance to go to college I would have loved to study on things like that. :)

♤ The Military

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:32 pm

I haven't read it ever since I was a kid back then, I think. It was the first and last time when I put my hands on this book. I don't remember what exactly it was about but I do have on my shelf Moody's other book - "Life Before Life"; one about reincarnation cases. I got it from my mom when I was 14. Astrology also seems very interesting to me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:44 pm

i will have to look up life before life, thank you Irulan for the heads-up about that book :) i studied astrology a few decades back sufficient to be able to cast my own horoscope the old-fashioned way, on paper charts after consulting tables of houses and midnight ephemeris and interpretation books.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:45 pm

Irulan wrote:
I haven't read it ever since I was a kid back then, I think. It was the first and last time when I put my hands on this book. I don't remember what exactly it was about but I do have on my shelf Moody's other book - "Life Before Life"; one about reincarnation cases. I got it from my mom when I was 14. Astrology also seems very interesting to me.

Have you ever heard of Vedic Astrology? It's basically Indian or Hindu Astrology and people say it actually gives more accurate results than Tropical Western Astrology (which is what we are all used to). But in order to calculate your natal chart you have to know your exact time of birth. Basically it focuses on the 12 Houses and traditionally it uses the classic planets Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn along with the moon modes Rahu and Ketu (the dragon's head and tail which have to do with one's karma).

I'm honestly not an expert on any kind of astrology (Tropical Western, Vedic, or Chinese). But when I first learned about Vedic Astrology I thought it was fascinating. :)

♤ The Military

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:48 pm

it is helpful to realize that vedic is based on sidereal [star] astrology, and that one's rising sign will often be one sign backwards compared to western. vedic says i am "libra-born" while western says my rising sign is scorpio.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:51 pm

auntblabby wrote:
it is helpful to realize that vedic is based on sidereal [star] astrology, and that one's rising sign will often be one sign backwards compared to western. vedic says i am "libra-born" while western says my rising sign is scorpio.

You're right blabs :) For example when I looked up my natal chart using my birth certificate time of birth I was surprised to learn that rather than being a Taurus I'm actually an Aries.

But to be honest Astrology kind of goes over my head for the most part. Reading and studying the cards is easier for me. :)

♤ The Military

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 5:02 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

You're right blabs :) For example when I looked up my natal chart using my birth certificate time of birth I was surprised to learn that rather than being a Taurus I'm actually an Aries.

But to be honest Astrology kind of goes over my head for the most part. Reading and studying the cards is easier for me. :)

there is less of a learning curve than with astrology which i never fully got under my belt, there is just too much there, even though another professional astrologer told me i had the gift for it.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 5:03 pm

I did hear about it but you know, I had once a very unpleasant experience with atrologists :x It was 11 years ago, I asked about my horoscope on some astrology related message board and, imagine that, one woman from that board (a wife of an aspie guy, btw) told me I must be... mentally ill 8O ("though I'm not a shrink, I do have a shrink in my family" as she stated) because I dared to disagree with some online interpretation of my horoscope. When I protested, saying I was not a nutso, she pointed at all the sentences written by me on there, in which I stated this, saying those are the best proof I was in fact mentally ill and I had to see a shrink instantly 8O :o Another poster added that I am an extremaly manipulative person who came to their stupid board only to manipulate then into giving me the interpretation of my horoscope for free while I should go to an astrologist and pay them for their effort like any other normal person 8O 8O 8O

(But another lady - a much friendlier one - told me that my horoscope shows clearly that I'm "incredibly strong mentally" and that "I have the potential to change the face of the world" as well as "I'm so smart that she wouldn't be surprised if I stated I graduated from university at 15".)

At the end of this unpleasant online quarrell, another poster said in turn I must be a troll because "a girl of 26 doesn't write like that" 8O I informed her coldly that i was an adult woman and not a girl and that even when I was half my life younger, I wrote in an exactly same was because I was always very mature; even then I behaved, thought, spoke and wrote like an adult, mature aged person, not like my dumb teenage peers. Still, she didn't believe me and thought me to be a troll pulling their leg for pure amusement 8O :?

It was my first but also at the same time, last adventure with astrology ever since :?

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 5:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

there is less of a learning curve than with astrology which i never fully got under my belt, there is just too much there, even though another professional astrologer told me i had the gift for it.

Well honestly I wouldn't say that, to truly understand the meanings, hidden symbolism, and history behind tarot and cartomancy can be complex too plus there are many different systems for card readings which can make it confusing if you try to study every source you come across.

Astrology is harder but tarot can be hard too, but I think the reason its slightly easier for me is because I've always had a love for symbolism. Learning the basics of the symbols and images and using them to tell a story is just kind of natural to me. :)

♤ The Military

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 5:11 pm

Irulan wrote:
I did hear about it but you know, I had once a very unpleasant experience with atrologists :x
It was my first but also at the same time, last adventure with astrology ever since :?

you can't let trolls dictate what you do. you have just as much right to speak your mind as anybody else. don't let them chase you away from astrology. i will help you with it if you wish. :)