What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 457 of 497 [ 7937 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 459, 460 ... 497  Next

AngryJackal97
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 May 2021, 10:34 pm

Boy! Where do I begin! Well, I can say without a doubt almost every dream I’ve had is a weird but the weirdest one was where I was walking to my local gas station/convenience store to buy some frozen Coca~Cola slushes. As I was walking everyone outside was walking and talking backwards except for me. Everything was out of place. As I entered the station and grabbed the slushes, I headed to the cashier counter and the lady cashier said “Hello, how can I help you?” And I said “Yes, just this” and the cashier said “Hello, how can I help you?”. Then I said “Yes! Just this!” And then she repeats like a frozen computer game from the 90’s “Hello, how can I help you?”.

Confused I just said “You know what... here! Here’s the money, keep the change.” So I slapped a couple dollars on the counter and as I was leaving the cashier lady yet again said “Hello, how can I help you?”. Now with a frozen coke in my hand I headed towards home only to see my old high school math teacher digging in the dumpster and I said “Hey! What are you doing in there!?” He didn’t respond so I put my frozen coke down so that I can pull him out. After pulled him out by the legs, it was revealed that he had a head of a rat with red beady eyes as he hissed at me then crawls on all fours back to the dumpster.

After that happened a tornado forms in the middle of my town. So I run away from it at super sonic speed back to my house and I told my mom “We need to get to the basement, NOW!! !” And she tells me “oh we don’t have a basement...” and I said “What! Impossible!” And for some reason she said “Tomatoes grow on trees!” I ignored her and ran to the basement door only to discover that when I opened the door that it was walled off as if it never existed! I looked in horror as the tornado approaches... then the dream ended.

Thinking back to that dream I wondered if it was some odd way of warning me about 2020... hmm, the world may never know! Also, my mother to this day is a lot smarter in real life than she was in the dream so...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2021, 5:29 pm

^^^i am wondering if that dream was your brain sorting through all the thoughts you had and deciding which ones to burn into long-term memory?

AngryJackal97

04 Jun 2021, 10:24 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^i am wondering if that dream was your brain sorting through all the thoughts you had and deciding which ones to burn into long-term memory?

I’ve always had a very active imagination, funny because when I was first diagnosed the doctor told my mom that I wouldn’t have an imagination. Obviously that was wrong! It’s more than likely a combination of what you said and my imaginary world colliding.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 3:04 am

I was in a world where physics seems weird. Not in a spatial sense, but more about light.

I was in a world, where the sky is red. Deep bloody red. And I can project shapes with my mind.
And I was in my neighborhood. Or at least it's what it looked like except everything is red and black.

I saw a floating whale like creature. I took it for some reason.
Went to a store... The store gave me money and took the floating whale. I was confused.

And then I was doodling about stick people fighting in dungeons. The dialogues were written in spell based shorthand.
Then I ran out of ink. :o

... Now that I thought about it, it's one of those other worlds I've been seeing on regular basis whenever I dream.
A version of this world where everything is red and black. And in places very familiar to me.
Walking distance familiar. :o

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 2:46 pm

I frequently have dreams in which either the office or the home is much different than it actually is.

This being a family business, I have a few more options than is normal. In particular, I have a place to stay at the office instead of driving back out to the farm. This is especially good in the winter time. The office is one floor in back, two floors in front and my quarters are in the very back of the office.

So this morning, I dreamed that I woke up to a lot of racket. I opened the door and looked down the hall and there were a bunch of people down there and some organ music. Somehow I realized that someone was holding a church service in our office building.

So I start moving around the building and end up going up and down all kinds of stairs that I didn't know existed and found all kinds of things on upper floors. For example, there was a display of something like art cars up on an upper floor! The entire upper floors were completely new to me and were very much like a multi-floor labyrinth.

After a bit I tried to go back to my quarters so that I could wake up but was unable to find them. Eventually, I managed to wake up anyway.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 12:17 am

i dreamt i was on a rickety loading platform to board a dirigible high up in the air, the thing wobbled and there was a 3 foot air gap between the edge of the loading platform and the dirigible's entryway. people boarding risked their lives jumping the gap. i almost fell when i did, barely holding onto the door with one foot flying free. i sweat and shook in fear. then the dirigible took off with a start, then morphed into a jet airliner that was being fired upon by terrorists in other jet aircraft swarming around us, our pilot took evasive maneuvers all of a sudden with no warning, resulting in some passengers not belted in, being plastered to the ceiling. it was bedlam.

Brainiac42
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 12:53 am

Something interesting, I read a theory about why we dream and the shortened version is dreaming is our body’s way of ensuring that our occipital cortex (Lobe of the brain responsible for vision) is active. The reason being is that before electricity our brains were not getting us much visual stimulation (it was dark a lot more often), and if you do not use something.... you can lose it; other senses can take over to make up for its lack of use. For instance, blind people usually have superior hearing to make up for their loss of vision. This could happen, although you wouldn’t lose your sight entirely, due to the lack of light so our brain feeds us images and video based on our memories to protect our eyesight.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 6:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i dreamt i was on a rickety loading platform to board a dirigible high up in the air, the thing wobbled and there was a 3 foot air gap between the edge of the loading platform and the dirigible's entryway. people boarding risked their lives jumping the gap. i almost fell when i did, barely holding onto the door with one foot flying free. i sweat and shook in fear. then the dirigible took off with a start, then morphed into a jet airliner that was being fired upon by terrorists in other jet aircraft swarming around us, our pilot took evasive maneuvers all of a sudden with no warning, resulting in some passengers not belted in, being plastered to the ceiling. it was bedlam.

That sounds like fun. In my dreams, I would have just floated across.

ProtonKitty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jun 2021, 7:20 am

Last night I had a dream that's a recurring dream - and I don't even know if it qualifies as weird, as it's quite naturalistic and almost prosaic, but that's what's most disturbing. I am trying to phone someone (it varies from my mobile to an old fashioned payphone) and can't get through. But I don't just mean as in dialling a wrong number or it being engaged - the numbers start mutating or melting, or there are strange pictures on the screen if it's the mobile. This is my first post apart from an intro so apologies if it's boring and as I said, I don't even know if I have a right to be here!

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 1:41 pm

I was stuck in the Bendy and the Ink Machine game. Like, physically.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 11:51 am

I broke into a friend's house when she and her husband were asleep, and I fell asleep on their sofa. When I woke up, I was full of guilt for doing this, but by the time I'd got up the nerve to face them and apologise, the house had quadrupled in size and a huge early-morning party attended by lots of extremely posh people was in progress, so I didn't get the chance.

So I fled to another town, where I stayed in a cheap hotel which had a couple of issues. Firstly, to get inside you had to key in a password which was every single answer from the previous night's bar quiz, in order. Also (and typically of my dream architecture) there were no stairs, just landings with banisters, so I had a dangerous climb to get to my room. I had got myself wedged between the iron bars of the bannisters when I woke up for real.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Jun 2021, 1:14 pm

I was eating tile adhesive and my husband got mad at me for it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 5:01 pm

magz wrote:
I was eating tile adhesive and my husband got mad at me for it.
:lol:

Cant say I blame him.

But what might the symbolism be?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 1:25 am

i guess it is a secret between her and her hub.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 8:38 pm

ProtonKitty wrote:
Last night I had a dream that's a recurring dream - and I don't even know if it qualifies as weird, as it's quite naturalistic and almost prosaic, but that's what's most disturbing. I am trying to phone someone (it varies from my mobile to an old fashioned payphone) and can't get through. But I don't just mean as in dialling a wrong number or it being engaged - the numbers start mutating or melting, or there are strange pictures on the screen if it's the mobile. This is my first post apart from an intro so apologies if it's boring and as I said, I don't even know if I have a right to be here!

I never thought about this before, but I don't think that I've ever dreamed about calling someone on a telephone. I hate the damned things anyway and only keep one around for emergencies.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 4:29 pm

i dreamt i was in my folks' old 1962 brown rambler ambassador station wagon from back in the day, my 5 year old self and some unfamiliar older kid were in the back seat, i asked my young self what was going on and he told me we were headed someplace north and east, in my home state of Washington. then we said goodbye, tearfully. then i found myself in my childhood home, and a home health care nurse aide was looking for my mom, i had just stepped out of the shower with soapy hair when i heard the nurse calling about, and i told the nurse that mom was somebody back east and i didn't know when she'd be back. then i had a mental picture [in the dream] of an isle reminiscent of Ireland, and i was wondering in the dream how this could be relevant to where mom and dad and sibs could be right now. then i awoke.