What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 455 of 496 [ 7933 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 452, 453, 454, 455, 456, 457, 458 ... 496  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 9:18 pm

i dreamt i was a gimp living in a hospital, and i was riding around in a nice fancy smooth electric cart, zooming down the hallways trying to remember how to get to the cafeteria before it closed for the day.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 10:25 pm

I had a dream I've had several times before, always with variations. I was at an inn with a carpeted corridor and a yellowy lightbulb. Then I was outdoors exploring the premises and remarking that it's a childhood memory with mixed emotions. There was a lot of snow. I know exactly what it represents but for some reason it doesn't look like the place from real life, the emotions are different, and it always looks the same (wrong) in my dream.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 9:12 am

Had some crazy mash up of World War two navy movies ( Run Silent, Run Deep), with my job counting inventory at seven-eleven convenience stores. And all of that with a dash of religion mixed in.

I just got through looking through the periscope, and firing the tubes. But then..

Me and the superviser/captain had trouble remembering which saint to pray to after sinking enemy merchant ships...it made a difference which kind of cargo they were carrying (saint ann or st mary?). If it was the type of cargo that is displayed one part of the store its one lady saint, but if its merchandise in another part of the store its another. :lol:

Why saints were involved I do not know. Though my commander in the dream was the same guy who was my superviser IRL the previous day, I do have a sometimes lady superviser named Ann. Whom I crush on. Which would explain a "St Ann" figuring in the dream. Maybe the dream is a metaphor about how both relationships with the opposite sex , and the business world are both a "battlefield" (to paraphrase Pat Benatar).

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 12:45 pm

I had a dream that I had my dog back. I've been missing her a lot lately, so I think that's why.

I spent the entirety of the dream with her and trying to prevent anything from harming her. It was nice to be able to hold her again and see her, but there was this looming feeling of stress the whole time, like when she was sick. It was like I knew we were on borrowed time, that I was somewhat aware it was just a dream and that I wouldn't have her anymore when I woke up.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 12:19 pm

i dreamt i was at some artistic retreat or art fair out in the country somewhere on the east coast. movie director martin scorsese and i were having a friendly discussion of acoustic music, after we had watched a bit of a blue grass concert inside a pavilion, put on by steve martin and 3 other musicians playing string instruments. i missed most of the concert and scorcese filled me in on what i missed, then we walked outside towards a plot of land i had just obtained, the ground was black from the brush being burnt away. there was a large portapotty installation next to it that scorsese availed himself of.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 10:20 am

I was on an expedition up a sacred mountain to find out exactly who or what kept shouting down from the sky above the peak. I got distracted by a six-legged salamander, and followed it to a place where robots were digging the skeletons of alien beings out of a lake full of transparent resin.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 10:27 am

I was with the person who caused my trauma. If that wasn't bad enough, he had a gun. I decided I wanted to know how it felt to be shot, so I bowed my head down in front of him and asked him to shoot a bullet over the crown of my head so that it would graze my skin and not kill me. He agreed. I sustained a lot of burn injuries and holes in my head, and it was very painful. I was torn between reporting the man to police for shooting me, vs. realising that I'd asked for it. I didn't know if his actions were illegal or not, because I told him to do it. I was scared I'd be the one getting arrested instead of him, because it was technically my fault. Or was it? He didn't have to shoot me if he didn't want to. This became a moral dilemma and the backdrop mood or internal conflict of the dream.

I saw my doctor walking down a flight of steps outdoors, so I ran to her and said I needed medical attention. I was suddenly in a hospital and doctors were arranging surgery to fix the wounds on my head, but I was scared to admit how they happened. The good news is that they said they wouldn't need to shave my head.

I felt tremendous shame but I was also terrified because I was pretty much scalped by this bullet.

This dream was on Saturday night but it's still stressing me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 12:28 pm

that dream sounds to me like you are working through the trauma, a dream that is harsh but also is leading to active confrontation with the bad thoughts/memories and eventual healing. you are showing the bad thoughts who is boss, telling them they can't live in your cranium anymore!

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 12:59 pm

In my dream I found a clickbait article about a "crappy magazine that is banned on the route to New York". The title was so funny and stupid that it woke me up.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 6:56 am

I had a dream that I built a robot with a very special primary purpose. Any time I would get out of bed, it would immediately remake the bed with fresh sheets and pillowcases unless I indicated not to do it or to only remake the bed using the current sheets and pillowcases.

So whenever I'd get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I would come back to a freshly made bed.

As a secondary purpose, it would monitor my sleep to wake me or to call for help if needed.

So when I woke up after having the dream to take a leak, I remade my bed (same sheets and pillow cases) before climbing back in to go to sleep.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 3:51 pm

I had a mad dream last night that i was hanging out with Flea of the Chilli Peppers and we were taking turns to do stunts on our BMX's

I think the posts from the WP member who calls himself Flea of the Chillies must have had a subconscious impact on my psyche, must have provoked my imagination...

Anyway, I had a fully chrome BMX, not dislike to the cheap ammaco 5 star all chrome BMX that I had when i was a kid, during the 80s BMX fad.

In the dream I did a ridiculous stunt where i bunny hopped up some steps and up onto a high chrome stainless steel handrail, rolled along for a few feet and jumped back down again. and Flea and I were laughing and taking it in turns to do even more crazy dangerous stunts.

the funny thing is that when i was a nipper, when i had a BMX I never gdid anything too dangerous
was too little, but also most my time was spent doing 100cc go kart racing and karate

so i guess i was dangerous enough without the BMX

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 4:12 pm

I had an oddly disturbing dream this morning in which I was out on an extended fishing and hunting trip by horseback in a mysterious range of mountains in the west. In the trip, I entered an uncharted area (hardly possible these days) and encountered a group that had had no content with outsiders in well over 100 years and which did not know of modern civilization.

The people in that group had some really strange ideas about the rest of the world. For example, they thought that aircraft were some kind of natural phenomenon that had nothing to do with humans.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 8:37 am

I've had a fever so I hope this excuses the dream:

Random highlights-
I discovered my dog had soiled my bed, and all over my arm (wouldn't happen in real life)
I was trying to clean it when I realised I was at work, and the fire alarm started going for an evacuation
I debated hiding during the evacuation so I could go back to sleep because of my fever and the dog poo
I was scared I would get fined for not going outside during the fire drill
I went back to bed anyway and was lucid dreaming with real life
I was trying to force myself to wake up and go out for the fire drill but also knew it wasn't real, and couldn't move
I'm pretty sure I said something out loud in real life, during the dream - I remember forcing words out
I got up to go outside and discovered a kids' slide in my workplace, which let me slide downstairs (fun!)
I saw two former colleagues who hated each other because one of the ladies hit a youth
They decided they were going to go talk it out during the fire drill
I was at a waterpark climbing up to the top of a waterslide
I realised I was going up the "down" steps against traffic and causing a problem
I sat down to rest from my fever and discovered I had the "Monopoly" board game pictures tattooed on my legs
I couldn't remember getting Monopoly squares tattooed on my legs, and hoped they were temporary
I couldn't get them to wash off and I was really upset having places like Park Avenue forever on my calves :(

Part 2 - Not sure if it's the same dream or not
I was with my (deceased) dad at a reservoir that I don't know from real life
I told him that I had a memory of going there when he was on life support, and praying for him
He decided to dive into the reservoir water and he didn't resurface, so I was having a panic attack (and fever)
I couldn't find my dad
My mother appeared and I was suddenly in a restaurant beside the reservoir with both parents
The tables were sat close together and no one had Covid masks
The lady next to us was Muslim and kept repeating "Ramadan Kareem" - she was fasting and not eating

Part 3 -
I entered a big shopping mall again against the flow of the foot traffic
No one had Covid masks and it was really crowded
I couldn't remember why I was there
I was climbing up a winding wooden staircase to the upper level, and realised one of my slippers had fallen off
I was trying to backtrack and find my slipper
I found a tiny pair of baby mittens about half an inch tall, made by crochet (too small even for a preemie baby)
I picked up the mittens and was looking for a Lost and Found where I could hand them in
My foot was cold because I only had one slipper, and I had a fever
Then I remembered my arm was still covered in doggy doo, and I was supposed to be doing a fire drill at work

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 9:00 am

madbutnotmad wrote:
I had a mad dream last night that i was hanging out with Flea of the Chilli Peppers and we were taking turns to do stunts on our BMX's

My nephew met Flea at a ski resort and went snowboarding with him! :P

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 11:28 pm

^^^small world for some.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 1:58 am

I had a dream last night that my ex-girlfriend got arrested for a violent crime and i remember i got freaked out in my dream when i heard about her arrest on the news.