Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

aloneinacrowd
Raven
Raven

18 May 2010, 4:50 pm

alana wrote:

I would love to see another site take off soon but still in all I don't think zuckerberg is going down because he has all the 'I have nothing to hide" people. Those folk that said that to the patriot act, to increased airport security that others have objections to, whatever. at least in this country, middle america is going to spread it's cheeks for this kind of thing every time, because they have 'nothing to hide'. It's also the demographic that probably makes the most use of facebook showing off their great fake lives, no matter how many pills they pop or massage parlors they frequent on the side.

Well I have nothing to hide either but that doesn't mean I'm taking the doors and curtains down at my house. Privacy is privacy.

Speaking of which these guys are working on a way to simplify the privacy settings on FB. Works pretty good so far. Open source project so the code is visible.

http://www.reclaimprivacy.org/facebook

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 7:25 am

I use faccebook a great deal since I have been talking with a few of the people I am interning with for summer. We are getting along quite well and can't wait to meet them all. Facebook has a good effects since social networking is becoming a norm into today's society. Also it has benefits in how to be more social on the web and in the real world.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 7:42 am

I hate it, but yes. I do use it.

NeverEnder
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2010, 8:55 am

I use FaceBook... but I also hate it . :roll:

And I'll be your ghost.